Daily record will publish any old shite without even verifying source

j1mgg

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So can't you follow up your nonsense about 'Switzerland'?

Weirdly, you seem far more concerned about what's happening to celtic than our own players being hit by coins by the Legia fans. Why is that?

The coins hopefully will get picked up as a charge along with the flares as should the brawl at the end but the big sweeping brush seems to be out for the bottle throwing and your industry is complicit in giving strength to your clubs enemies.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The coins hopefully will get picked up as a charge along with the flares as should the brawl at the end but the big sweeping brush seems to be out for the bottle throwing and your industry is complicit in giving strength to your clubs enemies.

It happened in the first leg.

'Your industry' - It never fails to amaze me how paranoid football fans are about the media. Doesn't matter where you go fans think the media is after them/ignores them/targets them. Most media care about what makes them the most money. Not how can they help celtic or fuck Rangers over. Not how they can 'target' liverpool but give free reign to United. Be in Real Madrid's pocket and loathe everything Barca stand for.

Do you know what gives out clubs 'enemies' strength? Punters who sit and greet about all these perceived injustices but never actually do fuck all beyond greeting. The whole world's out to hurt them but there's never any suggestion of how to actually fight back. There was a post the other day where someone suggested that it all 'starts at the ballot box' and the response (from one of the biggest whiners on here) was that 'you'll change fuck all there then'.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Never saw that mentioned anywhere tbh.

Surprised at SG complimenting their fans after that’s happened.

Tbh, I think it's just one of these things that is accepted as happening in certain countries and people involved don't bother drawing attention to it.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Tbh, I think it's just one of these things that is accepted as happening in certain countries and people involved don't bother drawing attention to it.

Oh we get all sorts of shit thrown at us... But it's OK elsewhere because "it just happens" 

That's weak 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It happened in the first leg.

'Your industry' - It never fails to amaze me how paranoid football fans are about the media. Doesn't matter where you go fans think the media is after them/ignores them/targets them. Most media care about what makes them the most money. Not how can they help celtic or fuck Rangers over. Not how they can 'target' liverpool but give free reign to United. Be in Real Madrid's pocket and loathe everything Barca stand for.

Do you know what gives out clubs 'enemies' strength? Punters who sit and greet about all these perceived injustices but never actually do fuck all beyond greeting. The whole world's out to hurt them but there's never any suggestion of how to actually fight back. There was a post the other day where someone suggested that it all 'starts at the ballot box' and the response (from one of the biggest whiners on here) was that 'you'll change fuck all there then'.

it’s amazing how the coin blinds some people 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

'The reporter who submitted this story to ourselves and which was used by other media organisations will no longer write for the Daily Record' 

So you sent it in under a "ghost name" then...............?                    😀

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

'The reporter who submitted this story to ourselves and which was used by other media organisations will no longer write for the Daily Record' 

Anyone who writes for the daily record, should no longer write at all.

Also it doesn’t matter one bit that other media organizations used him, that’s just petty and deflecting from the fact the Record used his incorrect story and ran with it. Why did the record do that?? Because it was negative against Rangers and deflected from the celtic fans behaviour in Sweden!!

6 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Anyone who writes for the daily record, should no longer write at all.

Also it doesn’t matter one bit that other media organizations used him, that’s just petty and deflecting from the fact the Record used his incorrect story and ran with it. Why did the record do that?? Because it was negative against Rangers and deflected from the celtic fans behaviour in Sweden!!

Then why do they have several articles about it? If they want to deflect from it surely they just ignore the story completely?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then why do they have several articles about it? If they want to deflect from it surely they just ignore the story completely?

Can’t have a negative celtic story without a little sprinkle of negativity against Rangers at the same time, cmon do keep up dude!!

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Can’t have a negative celtic story without a little sprinkle of negativity against Rangers at the same time, cmon do keep up dude!!

There are three or four up about tje trouble last night. 

Also, why bother going to the trouble of getting a freelancer to pitch the same copy to several other outlets when you can get an inhouse writer to do it and just not put a name to it? 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There are three or four up about tje trouble last night. 

Also, why bother going to the trouble of getting a freelancer to pitch the same copy to several other outlets when you can get an inhouse writer to do it and just not put a name to it? 

Why go to the trouble of running with a farcical non story, when you can check the validity of it before going to print? Oh I know why because it’s a negative Rangers story!! 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Why go to the trouble of running with a farcical non story, when you can check the validity of it before going to print? Oh I know why because it’s a negative Rangers story!! 

Ive already explained that much earlier in the thread. 

Tbh, from my own experience of dealing with clubs the idea that you just 'contact them for verification' is comical. More often than not a club will tell journalists what the club wants them to hear rather than the truth. 

Ive had clubs flat out deny stories and tell me that whoever gave me the info was wrong only for it to turn out exactly as put to them. 

Ive already explained that much earlier in the thread. 

Tbh, from my own experience of dealing with clubs the idea that you just 'contact them for verification' is comical. More often than not a club will tell journalists what the club wants them to hear rather than the truth. 

Ive had clubs flat out deny stories and tell me that whoever gave me the info was wrong only for it to turn out exactly as put to them. 

Couldn’t the DR check with Uefa first? Or a delegate from Uefa?  It doesn’t have to be verified from the club. 

UEFA dont comment on invesigations beyond what they put on their website afaik. 

So who else could verify it then? You can’t tell me the DR will run any story after only checking one source,  the club involved? Fact still remains the DR has fucked it and no pointing of fingers at the journo or other outlets who also believed the journo will change that!