Daily record will publish any old shite without even verifying source

j1mgg

5 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

So who else could verify it then? You can’t tell me the DR will run any story after only checking one source,  the club involved? Fact still remains the DR has fucked it and no pointing of fingers at the journo or other outlets who also believed the journo will change that!

You tell me, you're the one telling me it's that straightforward. 

I can  breakdown every tiny step of how a story like this could quite easily make it to 'print if you want. 

16 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

So who else could verify it then? You can’t tell me the DR will run any story after only checking one source,  the club involved? Fact still remains the DR has fucked it and no pointing of fingers at the journo or other outlets who also believed the journo will change that!

In fairness, I’m certainly no fan of the DR, Sun or any of the other gutter press. However, Lindsay Herron is an experienced, trusted journo with a fair bit of credibility.

So it’s not surprising other outlets ran with it and, even though I dislike it more than I can say, the DR did at least issue a retraction, though noticeably not an actual apology to the club for the potentially further damaging claims.

5 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Disappointing he would make something like that up in the first place. Strange behaviour considering he worked for us on the  Rangers website. 

Possibly didn't make it up as such.

He may have been given duff info from someone he trusts as a source. Somebody at some point down the chain made it up though. Lol

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

No doubt. He’s definitely a tim. 

9 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Think he's more of a self loather.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

No he's a Narcissist who's full of his own self importance, he needs help everyone can see it bar him.

mclaren-sunbathing-alonso-seat-sunbath-fernando_3376727.thumb.jpg.d1a9c4f5b26e290e6a4f835dbae57d11.jpg

The reason the story wasn't verified is because it was unverifiable - because it wasn't true.  The only people who would've known if Uefa were investigating us are Uefa.  And if they they won't comment on ongoing investigations, then it would have been impossible to verify.  Meaning the Record (and others) have to decide if they trust the integrity of the source.

If, as seems to be the case, the guy has a good track record, I can understand why papers would run with it.

You could argue that across the board media outlets shouldn't run stories they can't verify 100%, but that's never going to happen.