PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

17 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Download the apple tv app on the ps5 and get 6 months free trial, just need to sign up

Done it tonight and it works no issues, pretty decent offer tbf

I just recently got it with my TV, it's great just finished Slow Horses and Ted Lasso Season 1. Hijack is good too.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

I just recently got it with my TV, it's great just finished Slow Horses and Ted Lasso Season 1. Hijack is good too.

Binging ted lasso the now lol, gonna have a look see what else is on it tonight, long is your trial for with your tv? My tv has 3 months free as well so in jan I'll be signing up with different email for that one

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Binging ted lasso the now lol, gonna have a look see what else is on it tonight, long is your trial for with your tv? My tv has 3 months free as well so in jan I'll be signing up with different email for that one

Aye mines was 3 months as well, had the TV for about a year and never even knew. Might have to see if itā€™s still eligible for the 6 month one with my PS5.

Thought Ted Lasso was going to be shite, but he won me over.Ā :lol:

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Aye mines was 3 months as well, had the TV for about a year and never even knew. Might have to see if itā€™s still eligible for the 6 month one with my PS5.

Thought Ted Lasso was going to be shite, but he won me over.Ā :lol:

Just finished the 1 season, its class,Ā 

Defo try the ps5 freebie

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm still on nightshift mode after finishing my shifts so cracking on with it now, fucking buzzing!

Only a few hours in. Much the same as before but just bigger and betterā€¦ thatā€™s not meant as a sligh as itā€™s exactly what I wanted it to beā€¦. And all it needed to be.Ā 

Donā€™t often buy games on day one but glad I did this time round!Ā 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Anyone played the RD1 rerelease on the PS5? Debating buying it, but not sure I can cope if it feels too dated.Ā 

Theyve added a 60fps mode and itā€™s running at 4k. With that it surprisingly holds up pretty well visually!

Wether itā€™s worth 40 quid is another debate entirely though. Iā€™d personally wait for a sale.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Iakona said:

Theyve added a 60fps mode and itā€™s running at 4k. With that it surprisingly holds up pretty well visually!

Wether itā€™s worth 40 quid is another debate entirely though. Iā€™d personally wait for a sale.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ve played the second one, but never the first. Really needing a new game to get my teeth into. Might just fork out the Ā£40.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Iā€™ve played the second one, but never the first. Really needing a new game to get my teeth into. Might just fork out the Ā£40.

I mean if you liked the story/lore of the second, then itā€™s definitely worth a play through for sure. The pacing is a lot different and itā€™s significantly less of a cowboy simulatorā€¦ itā€™s just GTA, but in the Wild West.

11 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Spider-Man 2 was phenomenal. I think thatā€™s replaced Arkham City as my favourite super hero gameā€¦Ā 

I'm going to wait for the price to drop before I pick it up

I just got Super Mario Bros: Wonder for my boy, will play through that with him

25 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm going to wait for the price to drop before I pick it up

I just got Super Mario Bros: Wonder for my boy, will play through that with him

Itā€™s worth every penny!

Reckon Iā€™ll pick up Wonder aswell.. watching the gameplay videos took me back to all those afternoons and evenings I spent playing Mario as a little kid.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Back from holiday, blues are horrendous (as is jetlag) so been playing SM2, and loving it.

It is very much same as before, but addition of having the ability to switch between characters, and each having their own moveset, style, side-missions etc makes it fresh.

Also really looking forward to getting my teeth into the story. The first one was incredible for that.

The original Spider-Man 2 is my favourite super-hero game of all time, closely closely followed by Spider-Man PS4... Judging by @Iakona's comments, could Spider-Man 2 lose its place at last to, well, Spider-Man 2?!

5 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm really enjoying Alan Wake. At first I struggled with the narration, probably because its unusual for a game and is a bit cheesy, but at the end of the first chapter it felt like it made sense and now it seems like a nice stylistic touch.Ā 

The first one? I got to midway through chapter 3 and was bored to tears. Just the same enemies rinse and repeat.

10 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The first one? I got to midway through chapter 3 and was bored to tears. Just the same enemies rinse and repeat.

Aye, I'm playing the first one just now. It feels like a game that's going to impress on the storytelling rather than varied gameplay. I'm only midway through chapter 2 just now though.

• 3 weeks later...