*****Official Hertz v Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Smile said:

Its something he seems to do last season we had nine draws in the league it killed our season. It's my opinion he thinks that a draw is a good result.

You do understand forums are based on posters opinions. 

5 hours ago, Smile said:

Gerrard think a 1-1 away to hearts is a good result that's a problem.

We have posters on this forum who possess the ability of telepathy now. 

Gerrard has blinkers when it comes to certain players but at least with Ojo he can make a reasonable argument for why the boy hasn't hit the ground running but fuck me, Arfield is brutal atm and its not even as if he's making up for it by chasing down CBs, FBs, MFs and firing into tackles and winning the ball. He looks 3 yards off the pace of every game I've seen barring a few minutes here and there.

Tav to me looks as if playing constantly for 3 or 4 seasons is starting to catch up with him. Isn't as quick from a standing start as he used to be and his crossing has went from being 50/50 to 90/10. I respect the fact that he is still trying to step up when its needed but its maybe time for him to just go back to basics and also maybe lay off the dead balls for a run of games.

Barisic again had a very good game and I'm completely bamboozled why we didn't capitalize on the space he was being afforded by Ojo's movement off the ball. 3 or 4 times we hit the switch from right to left despite the fact it was on almost the whole time Ojo was on the park making those runs in field.

We miss Ryan Jack's composure in tight games like that massively. A price can't really be put on a player who is willing to receive a pass under pressure, away from home, against a side that are right up for it and just knowing when its the time to get it forward quickly and when to retain it. If fit he must be a cert to start on Thursday.

Thought Kamara wasn't terrible either but I just don't know what role he's supposed to be filling for us. He's tidy in possession more often than not, has a bit of skill but like Aribo (obviously different players though before any cunt starts) seems to get into good areas with secure possession and then turns and turns and turns then passes it back or sideways. 

As for Aribo, plays far, far to deep for us. His asset is his ability to receive it in tight areas and run with it. Just looks like a player who is constantly on the verge of threatening to terrorize defences but never does.

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Tav could do with getting a ltitle leaner I think 

I know that's a typo but it's not far off as it is. A title would be brilliant but Tav is one of those players who could be doing with some sort of major silverware to really kick on in his career. League Cup could help for starters. We've a few players who are good but are going to end up "nearly men" until they win something. Once the first trophy appears though these same players will then be capable of winning more. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

I know that's a typo but it's not far off as it is. A title would be brilliant but Tav is one of those players who could be doing with some sort of major silverware to really kick on in his career. League Cup could help for starters. We've a few players who are good but are going to end up "nearly men" until they win something. Once the first trophy appears though these same players will then be capable of winning more. 

Aye just noticed it lol

A just feel he's a little wooden, cunt looks solid I wonder if he would benifit from shedding some of it 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye just noticed it lol

A just feel he's a little wooden, cunt looks solid I wonder if he would benifit from shedding some of it 

Maybe.

Personally I thing he's devoid of confidence for some reason.

Similar to his first season in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

You need people to agree with you and share your opinion and find it hard when they do not, I do not I'm happy with people who have different opinions.

You should make up your own mind rather than form opinions based on the majority of the forum.

Nice deflection, but still no substance. I've just again watched the video of Gerrard post match and hes evidently not happy in his assessment, words and demeanour. He literally states he came for 3 points, which ridicules your pov. That's not me countering your assertion, it's the manager himself by his own words.

I'm happy to debate different opinions, that's what the forums about. But if you think you can say Gerrard is happy with a draw today and expect it to go unchallenged then you're evidently as foolish as the allegation you alone have made. 👍

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Its something he seems to do last season we had nine draws in the league it killed our season. It's my opinion he thinks that a draw is a good result.

You do understand forums are based on posters opinions. 

Yes, so last season we failed ("killed our season") due to dropped points including these draws. That would make sense then for the manager to be happy with a draw today. Smile logic ffs 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes, so last season we failed ("killed our season") due to dropped points including these draws. That would make sense then for the manager to be happy with a draw today. Smile logic ffs 

That makes sense I agree but still I feel Gerrard does not get it and see's a draw as a good result. He may have the tantrum in the interviews but he still left the leagues best striker on the bench for 81 minutes.

Spin it how you want.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

That makes sense I agree but still I feel Gerrard does not get it and see's a draw as a good result. He may have the tantrum in the interviews but he still left the leagues best striker on the bench for 81 minutes.

Spin it how you want.

Our best striker played 80 mins and scored. Our most valuable asset. Player of the month, current international, scorer today blah blah. Defoe is an excellent 2nd choice / backup but ffs hes not better than Alfie. And yes I see his scoring stats, but if you actually think Defoe should be our no 1 cf you're mental.

Might go back to the scum game thread and see if you were happy Defoe got started over Morelos...

You cant keep saying aye but Gerrard sees a draw as a good result when EVERYTHING suggests otherwise. I'm spinning nothing.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Our best striker played 80 mins and scored. Our most valuable asset. Player of the month, current international, scorer today blah blah. Defoe is an excellent 2nd choice / backup but ffs hes not better than Alfie. And yes I see his scoring stats, but if you actually think Defoe should be our no 1 cf you're mental.

Might go back to the scum game thread and see if you were happy Defoe got started over Morelos...

You cant keep saying aye but Gerrard sees a draw as a good result when EVERYTHING suggests otherwise. I'm spinning nothing.

Behave yourself we have a player who scores in the league every 39 minutes and we brought him on with 81 minutes to go yet you say we wanted to win the game, this second choice stuff is embarrassing as well.

You go back to the scum game if you feel that proves a point but sadly it does not. Gerrard got the system wrong with five in the middle it never changed when Morelos who was on for thirty minutes hardly got the ball either.

9 hours ago, Smile said:

Behave yourself we have a player who scores in the league every 39 minutes and we brought him on with 81 minutes to go yet you say we wanted to win the game, this second choice stuff is embarrassing as well.

You go back to the scum game if you feel that proves a point but sadly it does not. Gerrard got the system wrong with five in the middle it never changed when Morelos who was on for thirty minutes hardly got the ball either.

Its embarrassing to say that Morelos is our 1st pick and best CF? Are you actually saying that?

You're more mental than I thought but now I get why you'd believe Gerrard is happy with a draw away.

Archived