*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Kamara was sent home but I'm sure Gerrard said he will still be ok for today? 

Maybe, but we dont need him today. Davis and Jack should be enough with Kent Arfield Stewart behind Alfie. 

Arfield needs to step up. Don't know if he's just off form or needs a rest or what? That's why we have sports scientists. 

But fuck playing Davis Jack and Kamara today.  Kamara can come on for Jack when we will no doubt have to sub him...

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Maybe, but we dont need him today. Davis and Jack should be enough with Kent Arfield Stewart behind Alfie. 

Arfield needs to step up. Don't know if he's just off form or needs a rest or what? That's why we have sports scientists. 

But fuck playing Davis Jack and Kamara today.  Kamara can come on for Jack when we will no doubt have to sub him...

You do not think ryan jack can last a full match or maybe it is the euro game fatigue I see kicking in against our players.

Just now, Mclean RFC said:

You do not think ryan jack can last a full match or maybe it is the euro game fatigue I see kicking in against our players.

Possibly not. It better to be safe than sorry. We've seen what's happened when Jack hasn't been playing RB for Tav against firstly Young boys then that fucking calamity against Hearts. 

What the fuck was he trying to do there?

Shagger almost saved him with a bloody beautiful instinctive save but that wee Chinese player (who looks a good wee player btw) wasn't missing what was essentially an open goal with the way he connected with it.

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Correct, a three of Davis, Jack and Kamara is definitely not needed today. 

Tav has not been at his best but he is a model professional and.grateful Rangers put an end to his loans and club journeys in england.

But he will.come good again. Although I do question his captaincy. Model.professional but I love my captains too be screaming and barking orders at the team like ferguson.would do.

8 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Tav has not been at his best but he is a model professional and.grateful Rangers put an end to his loans and club journeys in england.

But he will.come good again. Although I do question his captaincy. Model.professional but I love my captains too be screaming and barking orders at the team like ferguson.would do.

Agreed. I would seriously consider making Alfie the captain. Purely cause he's a born winner. But I would be scared it would affect his game too much. Especially at his age. 

Tav just doesn't give me captain vibe. Shagger is an obvious choice, but I hate the idea of a keeper being the captain but Tav doesn't do much "captain duties" except saying he's taking free kicks so Shagger maybe isn't such a bad choice. It would give Tav the freedom to only concentrate on his own game. 

I mind when Amo got the armband took off him it made him a much better player.

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Agreed. I would seriously consider making Alfie the captain. Purely cause he's a born winner. But I would be scared it would affect his game too much. Especially at his age. 

Tav just doesn't give me captain vibe. Shagger is an obvious choice, but I hate the idea of a keeper being the captain but Tav doesn't do much "captain duties" except saying he's taking free kicks so Shagger maybe isn't such a bad choice. It would give Tav the freedom to only concentrate on his own game. 

Has to be Jack in my opinion, though I could see Gerrard going for Goldson.

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Alfie as captain 😂

Hothead 23 year old who doesn't speak any English and is only here to move to England first chance he gets. 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Alfie as captain 😂

Hothead 23 year old who doesn't speak any English and is only here to move to England first chance he gets. 

I know, some people really don't think before posting.  Hilarious proposition. 

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Has to be Jack in my opinion, though I could see Gerrard going for Goldson.

Possibly.  I would hate Goldson to be captain. I've always thought Katic was a better player. But he missed a lot of games and hasn't developed the way I thought. He still has time on his side though.  He could be a World cup player if he's allowed to develop. 

17 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Alfie as captain 😂

I said I would CONSIDER it. Obviously it could never happen, but if we were a Spanish team it could be fun😂😂

53 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If Murphy is fit, I’d start him. Got something to prove IMO.

We don’t need Jack plus Kamara plus Davis today but we will need graft in the middle so might be an argument for Docherty or Edmundson in there.

Similarly it has to be Katic and Goldson (I know) at the back.

McGregor

Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic 

Stewart, Jack, Davis, Docherty, Murphy

Morelos

Subs: Helander, Fod, Polster, King, Defoe, Ojo, Kent

We have a good sized squad, let’s use it.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

If he does, then it would have to be more central, as I think we will start with Kent and Ojo wide. 

agree that he deserves to start.

Ojo needs to lift his head. I think he could be better playing on the right cause he doesn't look comfortable on the left. We've seen what he's capable of.  He just needs to do it regularly. 

Archived