*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wait I'm supposed to be impressed because they currently sit third in the Scottish Premiership? 

The argument wasn’t whether you should be impressed or not, I said they are a form team in the league and given they are third we shouldn’t take anything for granted. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The argument wasn’t whether you should be impressed or not, I said they are a form team in the league and given they are third we shouldn’t take anything for granted. 

Plus they are dirty bastards and the ref will let them boot us up and down the park.

14 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Think this is one we have to win the battle before we win the match, I’d like to see Docherty get a run out in what I think will be a bruising encounter, that said I don’t know who I’d leave out to accommodate him?

I think we over use the concept of winning the battle. Yes we have to compete and stand up to physical challenges, but we should concentrate on what we do well. Thumping tackles are no match for the sort of intricate passing,  pace and teamwork we can produce. Defeats and draws with the exception of young boys -have been down to us not playing our game. Focusing on us and our strengths is the key.

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Think this is one we have to win the battle before we win the match, I’d like to see Docherty get a run out in what I think will be a bruising encounter, that said I don’t know who I’d leave out to accommodate him?

No one. He shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 when we have the options we currently do. He's 6th choice, probably 7th if you count Arfield as a midfielder and this isn't the time to be throwing in guys way below the level of our starters out of nowhere. 

Minutes silence and Remembrance Day tributes this Sunday.

They’re bringing back the artillery cannon which, I must admit, makes me shite it every time. And don’t act like you don’t either!

I love those tributes, but the cannon 😞.

Just like armed forces day, remembrance day is always a poignant match. The special tributes at these occasions makes me very proud. Will give Poppy Fields a listen as I wake up on Sunday morning and getting ready to head to the game.

I think Defoe will start on Sunday because its at home and we usually have the ball in and around the box a lot creating chances for him. Morelos will have a rest after last night and come back into the line up for away at Ross County Weds.

Archived