Mentality over physicality

Dan Deacon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

We shouldn't have handed a player who cannot score goals against them a penalty. That's stupid in hindsight

He's our best scorer and our best player. No one wants Tav to take penalties. It's shit he missed but it's not a stupid decision to let him take a penalty IMO.

What does taking credit from the performance do us? Does it win us a final, does it give us some sort of a lift for the league?

They have just won a 10th final on the bounce and have beaten us home and neutral already this season.

Walters teams done this to them for the majority of the 9IAR era  and yet they won fuck all.

Winning is everything and always will be at Rangers. We fucked it today and no amount of talk about their keeper or anything  else changes that 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Bollocks m8 the usual trolls are already on saying how shite we were....it just wasn't to be

Its fucking sore one to take so you try to take everything some are saying with a pinch of salt.  We're all hurting but some things being said are beyond daft.

We will be successful again. Today was another setback. A huge setback but we will come again. Tonight is gone. All focus on Thursday now.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He's our best scorer and our best player. No one wants Tav to take penalties. It's shit he missed but it's not a stupid decision to let him take a penalty IMO.

Barasic should have taken it all day long ,Morelos needing the Monkey off his back forced the penalty his way and ultimately cost him 

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Mental side is huge but there was fuck all in their mentality that won them the game today 

They had 1 chance and took it. They'll have known that's all it could take 

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Their keeper was the difference, nothing to do with mentality or shiteing it.

After a few saves he is in our heads.

Anyway I'm pissed and pissed off. I'm no here to argue. Just dejected

4 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

We shouldn't have handed a player who cannot score goals against them a penalty. That's stupid in hindsight

Yip I don't get that, the fact that Morelos already had 5 attempts 4 of which had hit the target.....unfortunately I won't hold my breath on a Morelos goal ever against the beasts....he has tried everything in his 11 games and it just ain't going to happen 

Forster had the game of his life, asides from the penalty and the header I don’t think Morelos could do much better with most his opportunities. 

Goram used to do that in the 90s to them, I just worry we don’t have the edge to get over the line. Happy to give Gerrard the season, but it feels like we’re the modern day Tommy Burns side

We have some of the best players in the league, physically good and skillful but something is wrong with our mentality. I fear this will negatively effect us and hang like a shadow over us for a long time. 

Just now, magic8ball said:

Barasic should have taken it all day long ,Morelos needing the Monkey off his back forced the penalty his way and ultimately cost him 

I wouldn't have had an issue with Borna. I think anyone angry about a player as good as Morelos taking a pen is a bit silly though. Is it 25 goals this season? And also, it's almost a gift to get him off the mark against them by taking a pen. 

It's shit he missed but you've got to fancy Alfie scoring a pen.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The missed penalty had a double negative. Obviously because we missed  but it also meant a certain disbelief that we could not win crept into play and I think you saw it in our performance in the last 20 min.

The game was over when we missed be penalty. It sucked all the atmosphere and will away. We were playing with desperation from that point on.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What does taking credit from the performance do us? Does it win us a final, does it give us some sort of a lift for the league?

They have just won a 10th final on the bounce and have beaten us home and neutral already this season.

Walters teams done this to them for the majority of the 9IAR era  and yet they won fuck all.

Winning is everything and always will be at Rangers. We fucked it today and no amount of talk about their keeper or anything  else changes that 

I am concerned that it’s not just our team that are accepting second best but many of our fans too. 

We totally dominated that game but it counts for fuck all. Winners find a way. Losers miss penalties and whine about the ref. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Forster had the game of his life, asides from the penalty and the header I don’t think Morelos could do much better with most his opportunities. 

Goram used to do that in the 90s to them, I just worry we don’t have the edge to get over the line. Happy to give Gerrard the season, but it feels like we’re the modern day Tommy Burns side

I was thinking that the other day, our 8iar season we went to the piggery and won 2-0, it was their only defeat in the league all season but draws killed them....looking very scary already the way this season is shaping up

When Forster made that ridiculous save from Jack in first half.......I just had that feeling it wasn't going to be our day. Kills me to say it but Forster was the  only difference. Am just thinking in a few weeks we can go there and have nothing to fear from them. We were extremely unlucky today.

9 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

They had 1 chance and took it. They'll have known that's all it could take 

After a few saves he is in our heads.

Anyway I'm pissed and pissed off. I'm no here to argue. Just dejected

One chance they scored from but shouldn’t have standed,not arguing not in the mood either 

Also Fraser was well off his line when the pen was struck 

19 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Totally agree. 

Now we lost it's gonna be 'we're not mentally strong enough', 'bottlers', 'get Morelos tae fuck', 'It's Tav's fault'

It was so one sided. We win that game 99 games out of 100! Fucking gutted.

Exactly this. They were utterly honking and we dominated them in every way. Forster had the best game of his entire career today. Had no right whatsoever saving some of those shots. Really really hate to say it but he deserved that win today.

The difference is we can’t win games when we deserve to win and celtic can win when they deserve to lose.

until we can make dominance count then we’ll always be nearly men.

FWIW tavernier as captain should’ve took that penalty if he had any balls about him.  It looked as though the penalty taker wasn’t decided until we actually got a penalty.  I also think regardless of how it looks there is a mental blockage with Morelos against that mob.

he can score angled shots for fun against anyone else yet has managed to either hit the keeper or put it wide against the tramps.   We also shelled out a lot of money for Kent to do the square root of nothing when the pressures been on I.e against the sheep and again today.  He’s offered nothing at all.

the defence was ok but as usual we concede needless freekicks and they bite us in the arse.  Too many bad choices are made on a weekly basis.  Ryan Jack was fantastic.

we signed a lot of players in the summer and still we are behind them in the league and handed them their 10th trophy on the spin.   It’s just not good enough.   I’d much prefer to have 1 shot on goal and win 1-0 than to dominate the game and lose.

Archived