Mentality over physicality

Dan Deacon

14 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I wouldn't have had an issue with Borna. I think anyone angry about a player as good as Morelos taking a pen is a bit silly though. Is it 25 goals this season? And also, it's almost a gift to get him off the mark against them by taking a pen. 

It's shit he missed but you've got to fancy Alfie scoring a pen.

Worst possible time for him to take his first pen for us considering the way things have went for him 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Their keeper was the difference, nothing to do with mentality or shiteing it.

Ultimately yes. We came up against a keeper at his best today and we just couldn’t squeeze it past him. Had the chances to do so which is more agonising, but ultimately, he saved them, allowing them to snatch it.

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Ultimately yes. We came up against a keeper at his best today and we just couldn’t squeeze it past him. Had the chances to do so which is more agonising, but ultimately, he saved them, allowing them to snatch it.

The saves from Jack early on and the one from Morelos early in the second half were both world class.

21 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yip I don't get that, the fact that Morelos already had 5 attempts 4 of which had hit the target.....unfortunately I won't hold my breath on a Morelos goal ever against the beasts....he has tried everything in his 11 games and it just ain't going to happen 

which in itself is quite shocking . No matter what you think of him

He must have had at least  20 one on ones with a bheastly keeper , in all those games and failed to score once

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Keeper played a blinder. Any other day and we win that comfortably. 

Mentality comes into for me once we missed that penalty and they are down to 10.  We looked lost and out of ideas. 

Correct.  We lost self belief and had 33 minutes to equalize against10 men, whereas they looked more confident with 10.  

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

which in itself is quite shocking . No matter what you think of him

He must have had at least  20 one on ones with a bheastly keeper , in all those games and failed to score once

Its just not going to happen goals wise for him against them, we need focus on his all round game where he pulls their backline allover the place.....a goal will come when he least expects it

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What does taking credit from the performance do us? Does it win us a final, does it give us some sort of a lift for the league?

They have just won a 10th final on the bounce and have beaten us home and neutral already this season.

Walters teams done this to them for the majority of the 9IAR era  and yet they won fuck all.

Winning is everything and always will be at Rangers. We fucked it today and no amount of talk about their keeper or anything  else changes that 

I cudnt agree with you more, you totally summed it up. We lack winners excluding McGregor and davis who we missed and have been over the course before. But we just cant get that real important win or test against them since 2011. It must have been torture supporting them when we were the side with the winning mentality in the 1990s/ early 2000s.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Its just not going to happen goals wise for him against them, we need focus on his all round game where he pulls their backline allover the place.....a goal will come when he least expects it

Maybe mate but as Rangers fans .We have grown up to expect our main strikers scoring in OF games 

1 minute ago, Rlm said:

I cudnt agree with you more, you totally summed it up. We lack winners excluding McGregor and davis who we missed and have been over the course before. But we just cant get that real important win or test against them since 2011. It must have been torture supporting them when we were the side with the winning mentality in the 1990s/ early 2000s.

Yes but they still beat us with shite players in their side on many important occasions .Even when we were at our most dominant   

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Maybe mate but as Rangers fans .We have grown up to expect our main strikers scoring in OF games 

I know and here lies the problem, we are trying everything to get the monkey off his back....giving him the penalty was the last throw of the dice, like I said his goal will come when least expected but the harder he tried today we just knew he was drawing a blank 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I know and here lies the problem, we are trying everything to get the monkey off his back....giving him the penalty was the last throw of the dice, like I said his goal will come when least expected but the harder he tried today we just knew he was drawing a blank 

No issue with the penalty taker today .The best players miss them .It was his greediness and absolute lack of composure  that bothered me today 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

For now that's the difference. We dominated them physically but do not have the mentality to win when on top

Credit to Forster. Kept them in it and they they a snide chance. X

They had one shot on goal which was offside. 
Think about that. 

There is zero between these teams nothing. They won because like his first time in Scotland he kept them in big games. We weren't mentally weak or shit bags or whatever word u wish to use one man stopped us today there keeper.

Stop looking for excuses.

Gutted we lost but we absolutely dominated that game.

Our future is bright

Archived