*****Official Killie v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, Ramsay said:

Can he play over on the left?

He’d do a better job than Flanagan and he can’t possibly have a worse left foot than Flanagan 

Maybe too unnatural over there which is why Halliday is playing . Polster is also a midfielder not a full back to start with never mind a left back so I can see why Gerrards not taking that risk in a tough game like this  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

He’d do a better job than Flanagan and he can’t possibly have a worse left foot than Flanagan 

Maybe too unnatural over there which is why Halliday is playing . Polster is also a midfielder not a full back to start with never mind a left back so I can see why Gerrards not taking that risk in a tough game like this  

Halliday is a midfielder and not a left back 😂😂

1 minute ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Come on now mate

A good player to have in Europe when we’re on the back foot and we need to get our foot on the ball 

Useless against every team domestically apart from scum. Constant sideways passes, slowing down play and the more than occasional aimless clip into the box are not what we need playing against teams like Killie 

Him not being in the team means someone who’s actually found a man from a set piece in the last decade might take corners and wide free kicks which is a bonus 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's right, maybe a bit extreme but davis isnt what we need or require in 90% of our games

It’s his opinion, I was commenting that it was a bit extreme. I get what you’re saying but in my opinion a lot of what he does goes unnoticed 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Did he not play LW a lot of his career? falling back to left wing back isn’t as big a change as moving to cdm. Halliday will be fine tonight 

Sure he did at Bradford, don’t imagine Halliday will encounter too many issues tonight. Attacking players need to step up in the absence of Borna though 

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

A good player to have in Europe when we’re on the back foot and we need to get our foot on the ball 

Useless against every team domestically apart from scum. Constant sideways passes, slowing down play and the more than occasional aimless clip into the box are not what we need playing against teams like Killie 

Him not being in the team means someone who’s actually found a man from a set piece in the last decade might take corners and wide free kicks which is a bonus 

I’m not going to argue with you mate but I’d rather have somebody like Davis in our team than not. As is said above I reckon a lot of what Davis does goes unnoticed. I agree with you about Europe and the scum though

2 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

It’s his opinion, I was commenting that it was a bit extreme. I get what you’re saying but in my opinion a lot of what he does goes unnoticed 

I see what Davis does and maybe saying he’s pish is extreme but IMO any player good enough to be a central midfielder at Rangers should have enough brains and ability to do the things that Davis does which is mainly just being a cool head on the ball and doing the basics. 

The main frustration comes from the fact he always gets to play in the middle of the 3 and it’s stifling Jack. Anytime Jack gets to play in the middle of the 3, not worrying about covering for Tav/Polster he absolutely runs the show from back to front 

1 minute ago, Jb85 said:

Want to see Kamberi get at least 20mins. See what he’s about. 

Think some might be pleasantly surprised, feel a lot better having him on the bench in the absence of Defoe than no striker at all. Our bench is looking as good as it has in a while tonight (Flanagan aside)

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I see what Davis does and maybe saying he’s pish is extreme but IMO any player good enough to be a central midfielder at Rangers should have enough brains and ability to do the things that Davis does which is mainly just being a cool head on the ball and doing the basics. 

The main frustration comes from the fact he always gets to play in the middle of the 3 and it’s stifling Jack. Anytime Jack gets to play in the middle of the 3, not worrying about covering for Tav/Polster he absolutely runs the show from back to front 

All about opinions buddy? I’ve always thought jack and Davis don’t suit playing in the same mid 3. It’s one or the other for me, but as I said I’d rather have A Davis in our team than not. 

Archived