*****Official Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can all wail and moan and gnash our teeth at throwing away points but the fact is, no matter what celtic do Rangers still have to try to win every match from now up to and including the cup finals. What alternative is there? That being the case, Gerrard must work with these players to win one game at a time  beginning at ibrox tomorrow. There's no point thinking about the title, only winning each football match as it comes. 

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Still gutted at our complete collapse, even a good convincing win won’t do much for my spirits now.

A good convincing win is almost a slap in the face for the fans. They’ve bottled it and blown it. 
The collapse and the nature of the collapse are a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We dont have width, no wonder it doesn't work, get kent and aribo out on the touchlines taking on the fullbacks, then we'll see a difference 

Aribo is not a winger, neither is Hagi, Arfield or Stewart but the gaffer insists on putting one of them out there. Why? Because we brought in 4 wingers in the summer who are all duds.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Only if we get them on the break, if they are sitting deep they’ll crowd the box out again.

The problem is that we simply dont take men on and drag an opponents shape to shit, playing against us must be brilliant if you are disciplined, we pass so much to the side that players know they simply need to stay goalside against us and we dont try and go forward

Im desperate to see someone take a fullback on, go by them and force a centre half to come out to them freeing up space in the box, instead wr get it wide and before the fullback even gets close to tav or barisic they are throwing in a cross to a striker who has two centre halves marking him

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kent's crossing has been shite on the whole since the break. Midweek with no overlapping defender he was a bit more wider than normal and crosses were still poor. The one good cross recently was scored against Hamilton by Aribo, who likely wouldn't have been where he was when he scored if he'd been playing as a right winger!

I know you keep going on about width, but the form these players are in they won't play better because a position or formation changes. They need to find form through hard work, attitude, and a bit of personal fucking pride. Thats more urgent than two wingers mate, and its across the squad.

You honestly believe hard work, attitude and pride can overcome opponents who have worked out the system we play every game? 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

You honestly believe hard work, attitude and pride can overcome opponents who have worked out the system we play every game? 

No less than thinking a winger can skip by a full back, draw a CH out and create space, when theres still another 8 opponents in the box.

17 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

C0A2D9A3-DC1E-480D-AF17-B2A9C3CD9F66.thumb.jpeg.511226b3ab9f2174797ce65deb367474.jpeg

Width isn’t working.

tell jack, Hagi and arfield to shoot on sight.

Change Katic for Edmunson and i'm with ya! We should be going for the jugular against this lot. We know they'll park the bus, so we can't do what we've done against Hibs, sheep and Killie. It's not a long term solution but needs must for a confidence boosting good win. Sadly, we know it ain't gonna happen!

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No less than thinking a winger can skip by a full back, draw a CH out and create space, when theres still another 8 opponents in the box.

8 opponents is at least one less than the 9 we face the now by aimlessly crossing the ball in, results since the winter break havent been down to lack of hard work, lack of attitude or lack of pride, they have been down to the fact that teams have gerrard sussed just like they sussed warburton 

Ffs the tarriers had the balls to go to killie and play two up top including a gambling coke head wee cunt, lennon has the balls to go to killie and play a system they havent used all season with a player in defence who hadnt played in months, 

We have a management and player team that are shitebags to try anything different incase it doesnt work and they get shouted at, boo fucking hoo, at least if they had the courage to think outside the box and it didnt come off we could applaud them for trying something

Look at arfields goal on wed night, him and maybe ryan jack are the only two that would try that (apart from morelos but he's a striker so that's expected) everyone else would take the safe option and pass it wide or backwards hoping someone else would create something

We have scored 35 league goals from non strikers, the tarriers have scored 57 from non strikers, thats an embarrassing stat

Gerrard better not play hagi in front of Stewart

McGregor 

Tav.    Goldson.    Katic.      Barasic/Halliday 

Kamara

Jack.               Arfield 

Stewart.                        Kent

Morelos 

Haji for Kent/Arfield , Aribo  for Stewart  Kamberi for Morelos later in the match if still shit. 1-0 us.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

8 opponents is at least one less than the 9 we face the now by aimlessly crossing the ball in, results since the winter break havent been down to lack of hard work, lack of attitude or lack of pride, they have been down to the fact that teams have gerrard sussed just like they sussed warburton 

Ffs the tarriers had the balls to go to killie and play two up top including a gambling coke head wee cunt, lennon has the balls to go to killie and play a system they havent used all season with a player in defence who hadnt played in months, 

We have a management and player team that are shitebags to try anything different incase it doesnt work and they get shouted at, boo fucking hoo, at least if they had the courage to think outside the box and it didnt come off we could applaud them for trying something

Look at arfields goal on wed night, him and maybe ryan jack are the only two that would try that (apart from morelos but he's a striker so that's expected) everyone else would take the safe option and pass it wide or backwards hoping someone else would create something

We have scored 35 league goals from non strikers, the tarriers have scored 57 from non strikers, thats an embarrassing stat

Yawn

I like the rest of you love the Rangers but even as tonight I have not decided if I am going to watch the game tomorrow. I am still hurting and fucking sick after our start after the winter break. I took my slagging at work from a squad of tarriers and there was no come back from me as I had nothing to come back with after the way our so called hero's have performed since coming back from Dubai. But today we get the same old pish from Jack and Gerrard we need to be more ruthless in front of goal we will show a reaction we need to send the fans home happy. Same old same old and I'm fucking sick of it. This team now has to stand up and be counted and if they are not up for the fight they can all get to fuck. Because no matter what players and managers come and go but the Rangers will always be here.

39 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Groundhog Day tomorrow. It's the time when the league season has entered purgatory, going to Ibrox feels like a chore. Its just come earlier than expected this season.

Hopefully we get a lift against Braga. Even if we win 7-0 tomorrow its not going to do much.

It will if celtic lose 😁

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Works the other way aswell though, he changes it then we get beat, the fans will question why we’re playing a system we haven’t used 

On 13/02/2020 at 13:51, Ladytonbear said:

And the sheep to do us a favour, and its game on

Ha ha ha aye just like last time they played them there, it took 35 minutes, 4 goals and a slip in the rain before they put a tackle in against them. You could tell the way they celebrated getting the draw at Ibrox just what they want from this season. 

9 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

I have next to no enthusiasm for this game tomorrow and I still have more enthusiasm than the players seem to have.

If I wasn't going with my old man, and the chance to spend some time with him and get a few beers together then I probably wouldn't bother.

It'll be a shitey draw and we'll get battered all over the park while the ref and the linesmen look the other way. Rangers to get a red card anytime, probably from a second yellow when the first yellow wasn't a booking in the first place

As much as you are right, I said the same walking out of Rugby park Wednesday, said to the wife fuck it I’m working this weekend, I’ll be in the pub for opening and in my seat for 255. It’s what we do, that won’t change no matter how much it kills you at times. Good with the bad, but by fuck are we due some good. 

From Marshall senior on FF.... Make of this what you will!

I have had the privilege and it's always been a privilege to support The Rangers.
Fell in Love with The Stadium first time I saw it lit up at night.
Still believe it to be an iconic and proper football ground filled with a wonderful support.
I never saw us win a trophy for 4 years but that was just an inconvenience.
I have seen us win a European Trophy and been beaten finalists. I have seen us win trebles and every other domestic trophies many times.
I have seen great Managers and others not as successful
I have seen last day wins in the League, I have also seen us lose 3 times in 8 days to celtic.
I have suffered like all my fellow supporters in the last 8 years.
I have never once given a microsecond thought that I would not be at the next game at Ibrox.
It easy for me to support Rangers, no matter if we win, lose or draw.
Now is the time for every single fan to stand up and support our team.
The League is not over and we have every chance of turning this around.
The players, the management and the board need our unequivocal backing.
Now is the time
We'll Support You Evermore

Thats all very lovey dovey but allow people to sing what they want and so on in your pub that makes money through the connection with RFC and dont pretend otherwise. It is a massive improvement on the Stadium Bar make no mistake but the fact any swear word or comment is pounced upon like napalm is nuts. Walk down the road or to the social clubs, cheaper beer and do what you like, god I miss the 90's and that makes me feel old!

5 hours ago, badjon said:

From Marshall senior on FF.... Make of this what you will!

I have had the privilege and it's always been a privilege to support The Rangers.
Fell in Love with The Stadium first time I saw it lit up at night.
Still believe it to be an iconic and proper football ground filled with a wonderful support.
I never saw us win a trophy for 4 years but that was just an inconvenience.
I have seen us win a European Trophy and been beaten finalists. I have seen us win trebles and every other domestic trophies many times.
I have seen great Managers and others not as successful
I have seen last day wins in the League, I have also seen us lose 3 times in 8 days to celtic.
I have suffered like all my fellow supporters in the last 8 years.
I have never once given a microsecond thought that I would not be at the next game at Ibrox.
It easy for me to support Rangers, no matter if we win, lose or draw.
Now is the time for every single fan to stand up and support our team.
The League is not over and we have every chance of turning this around.
The players, the management and the board need our unequivocal backing.
Now is the time
We'll Support You Evermore

Thats all very lovey dovey but allow people to sing what they want and so on in your pub that makes money through the connection with RFC and dont pretend otherwise. It is a massive improvement on the Stadium Bar make no mistake but the fact any swear word or comment is pounced upon like napalm is nuts. Walk down the road or to the social clubs, cheaper beer and do what you like, god I miss the 90's and that makes me feel old!

No we don’t. 

Birthday card pish.

Archived