Underrated Footballers...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I don't think many give Guardiola the credit he deserves as a player. He had some engine. Knew where to put a pass and how to win a ball. 

His whole career seems to be solely focused on his successful managerial career. 

I think it’s more of a case of forgetting. He was certainly well regarded as a player at the time of his career.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Scholes has went from underrated to overrated in recent times. He was a quality player but now people put him on the same level as Xavi, Iniesta etc and many argue he was better nowadays. 

It’s probably down to praise from outside the country from guys like Xavi himself once Scholes retired.

In Britain we don’t really appreciate players like him enough. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think Steve McManaman is probably under appreciated. 

He totally strolled it at Real Madrid and it’s fucking insane Sven Goran Eriksson took Trevor Sinclair to a World Cup over him.

His commentary probably forces people to hate him and not appreciate him :lol: 

Just now, Steelydan1690 said:

Widely known as a world class player bud ,at the very too of the game for decades 

Yet never gets mentioned in the same breath as other players from his time. 

Materazzi is probably another, an absolute bastard but was some centre back in his prime. 

Jamie Carragher? I thought he was an absolute machine of a centre half. 100% dedication and his attitude was incredible. Not the most talented but he could do a job in any team. 

Anyone who was at the legends game would have seen his utter competitiveness and determination.  

Archived