Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No idea what those two are on about. Just read the article and you've got to be the angriest person in the world to find something at fault with it.

Why does Boyd have to bring it up  though ??? Why does he have to sow doubt about Gerrard's intentions with club and about the possible lack of finances etc. 

No need for it. He's just looking for unnecessary headlines - which he got. 

Wish he would just keep his mouth shut. There are more than enough people out there in Scotland putting the boot into Rangers in the media. This guy is just adding to it. 

As mentioned, the mhedia love guys like Boyd, Rae, Dodds, Dalziel, the Ferguson's etc. They are put there for a reason. 

How have we delayed something we never put a date on? 

For me, this is just yet another ploy to undermine whatever we may have.

Unfortunately, given our boards history I've got to say may. 

If I say I'm going to present a report at my work, then I'm off on holiday and some other twat says I'm gonna release it on the Tuesday I'm back, but I don't. 

Was I late? 

Was I fuck

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Have those complaining about Boyd read the actual article, or just the Record's spin on it?

I only read the Record's article unless you have a copy of Boyd's original words. look, I like Boydy, I just wasn't keen on that one. A few months ago on BT, the big  man was priceless.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I only read the Record's article unless you have a copy of Boyd's original words. look, I like Boydy, I just wasn't keen on that one. A few months ago on BT, the big  man was priceless.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11982917/steven-gerrards-two-years-as-Rangers-boss-highs-lows-and-alfredo-morelos

Usual complete overreaction to ex-Rangers player comments.

Not sure, psychologically, what drives some folk on here, but the venom reserved for the innocuous comments of a raft of ex-Rangers is something else. Feels like some folk wait like angry little coiled springs, always ready to be offended by them.

13 minutes ago, crabbit247 said:

How have we delayed something we never put a date on? 

For me, this is just yet another ploy to undermine whatever we may have.

Unfortunately, given our boards history I've got to say may. 

If I say I'm going to present a report at my work, then I'm off on holiday and some other twat says I'm gonna release it on the Tuesday I'm back, but I don't. 

Was I late? 

Was I fuck

Your post hurt my brain a bit but have a like 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

So the only part the Record commented on was the last part which is terrible, lazy and misleading.  The rest is fine although to be honest it's just rehashing stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not sure, psychologically, what drives some folk on here, but the venom reserved for the innocuous comments of a raft of ex-Rangers is something else. Feels like some folk wait like angry little coiled springs, always ready to be offended by them.

Just goes with the narrative they have that everyone is against us so find faults in the smallest things 

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

In Boyd's case here I agree, but some of the stuff the likes of Barry Ferguson, Gordon Smith and Donald Findlay have been hitting out with recently is slap bang out of order. You'd think they were on Hollicom's pay role or something the way they're acting.

McCoist has been going up in my estimation again though. He's been hitting the target a lot recently with his comments and on TalkSport where they have a much better audience. 

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

So you are ok with Boyd coming out with unecessary and speculative pish about our manager's intentions  - just to add to the feeding frenzy of the tarrier led mhedia in Scotland??!  Why does Boyd feel the need to spout this shite?! 

Fuck sake. 

Just now, MoodyBlue1872 said:

So you are ok with Boyd coming out with unecessary and speculative pish about our manager's intentions  - just to add to the feeding frenzy of the tarrier led mhedia in Scotland??! 

Fuck sake. 

Your tongue is lodged too far in Gerrard’s arse

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

In Boyd's case here I agree, but some of the stuff the likes of Barry Ferguson, Gordon Smith and Donald Findlay have been hitting out with recently is slap bang out of order. You'd think they were on Hollicom's pay role or something the way they're acting.

McCoist has been going up in my estimation again though. He's been hitting the target a lot recently with his comments and on TalkSport where they have a much better audience. 

Ferguson was my idol, and probably the same for a lot of others but he’s just fucked it, and continues to do so, which is upsetting but end of the day he’s not bigger than our club so fuck him. 

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

The TV mob were quite happy with no Old Firm games when they sent us down the leagues.

I think people pin too much in the way of hopes on what the TV companies might or might not do tbh.

Tv revenue got slashed though 

Can remember the pic in the paper Doncaster and the Jap flying down to thrash out a saviour deal ,Came back with a new deal crowing about it but the figures were never revealed ,funny that 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Ferguson was my idol, and probably the same for a lot of others but he’s just fucked it, and continues to do so, which is upsetting but end of the day he’s not bigger than our club so fuck him. 

Sold his legend status a long time ago ,Funny thing is I don’t think he has the savvy to realise what he had and what he has lost 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Tv revenue got slashed though 

Can remember the pic in the paper Doncaster and the Jap flying down to thrash out a saviour deal ,Came back with a new deal crowing about it but the figures were never revealed ,funny that 

Yeah I know there's no way they were getting the same or a better deal, but they (the SPFL) don't care about losing money when it comes to helping one team. They simply don't care. They don't let TV money or TV companies dictate anything.

Just now, British_Empire said:

Yeah I know there's no way they were getting the same or a better deal, but they (the SPFL) don't care about losing money when it comes to helping one team. They simply don't care. They don't let TV money or TV companies dictate anything.

Correct ,any money lost out for the club in control will easily be made up with the sale of a few mugs ,dvds and t shirts ,all t shirts have a special feature for this ,A red neck 

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Sold his legend status a long time ago ,Funny thing is I don’t think he has the savvy to realise what he had and what he has lost 

Not a clue mate, was the only name I was ever putting on the back of my tops as a teen, being older now I just don’t understand him. Only reason I can see is the financial benefit he’ll be getting off all his wee gigs

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Meh. There's been a handful of articles the past 10 years that I've thought 'that was a bit shit', yet I see people perpetually greeting about ex-player's comments. Virtually everything seems to be combed over for the thing they can be pissed off by.

By and large ex-players and such like are positive, but if they don't come up with the precise content that certain folk are looking for, it's the greeting-about-ex-player routine again. Alex Rae is a good example of this. Spends most of his time defending us and talking positively about us and gets nothing but insults and grief.  Supporting Rangers for some folk is nothing but an opportunity to indulge their greetin-faced nature.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Meh. There's been a handful of articles the past 10 years that I've thought 'that was a bit shit', yet I see people perpetually greeting about ex-player's comments. Virtually everything seems to be combed over for the thing they can be pissed off by.

By and large ex-players and such like are positive, but if they don't come up with the precise content that certain folk are looking for, it's the greeting-about-ex-player routine again. Alex Rae is a good example of this. Spends most of his time defending us and talking positively about us and gets nothing but insults and grief.  Supporting Rangers for some folk is nothing but an opportunity to indulge their greetin-faced nature.

I think you need to understand though that fans are passionate and when their club is up against it, and some of their so-called heroes toe the line of the opposition then it hurts and they take it personally. I don't think you need to look further into their mindset than that.

I include myself in the above.

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Not a clue mate, was the only name I was ever putting on the back of my tops as a teen, being older now I just don’t understand him. Only reason I can see is the financial benefit he’ll be getting off all his wee gigs

Not sure if it was a way of avoiding any EBT back tax but is he not bankrupt now 

Thing is he’s probably the player who has earned the most from an Ibrox career in our history 

The whole country is watching us right now. I didn't see the need to assess our season telling everyone that we are trophy less.

Anyway, my apologies to those who read the Sky article, you guys are semi-right. It isn't as bad as the one I read in the Record.

11 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

So you are ok with Boyd coming out with unecessary and speculative pish about our manager's intentions  - just to add to the feeding frenzy of the tarrier led mhedia in Scotland??!  Why does Boyd feel the need to spout this shite?! 

Fuck sake. 

Yes. It doesn't bother me and I don't think it matters. Boyd is clearly pro-us but stops short if being the cheerleader everyone derides Sutton as being. 

Christ, where does anyone find the energy to be annoyed by things like what Boyd has said there.

Archived