Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

How the fuck can anyone say we bottled it that day .We annihilated them and we were robbed .Fact 

You do just disagree with people ,just for disagreeing sake ..   

Sorry mate but that’s completely fucked up 😂 We were that dominant that we should’ve won regardless of shite refereeing. Fair enough there was a big call that the ref got wrong but we robbed ourselves, we’d done more than enough except put the ball in the net 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Where was the talk of bail outs, talk of football clubs being the life blood of folk and all that in 2012 when us, Scotland's largest and most successful footballing institution were in administration and on death's door? 

I'll be like a picture of Bobby Sands wee skeleton sitting waiting on the answer to that.

Remember when we went into administration,Salmond came out and said he would try and do what he could to help ,Words weren’t out his mouth before that waste of humanity Lieswell was saying no way 

Cracking article by Cuellar in the Athletic. He discussed the SFA and fenians fucking us for doing the quadruple. Is that not the year O’Donnell died and they cancelled an old firm game when they had loads of injured players and we could’ve went 13 points clear? Also I’m sure the day of his funeral they paraded a new signing FS! However when Tommy Burns died they played the game “as it’s what Tommy wanted”. Scummy fenian cunts!!!

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Cracking article by Cuellar in the Athletic. He discussed the SFA and fenians fucking us for doing the quadruple. Is that not the year O’Donnell died and they cancelled an old firm game when they had loads of injured players and we could’ve went 13 points clear? Also I’m sure the day of his funeral they paraded a new signing FS! Jowever when Tommy Burns died they played the game “as it’s what Tommy wanted”. Scummy fenian cunts!!!

That year we were on fire right up to December.

Never been quite so confident going into one of these games. Between suspensions and injuries, they were down at least three key players (Boruc, McGeady and AN Other iirc) on the scheduled date.

By the time it was rearranged, all their players were available and we’d lost the best player in the country at the time (Hutton) for 9m and an injured McGregor had been replaced by Neil Alexander.

Of course, the way that season ended, the sooner we’d got that game played the better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7165976.stm

58 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

How the fuck can anyone say we bottled it that day .We annihilated them and we were robbed .Fact 

You do just disagree with people ,just for disagreeing sake ..   

I can’t quite remember but was there not another penalty shout in the game that we should have had? Julien or whatever his name is on Morelos.

This line the SPFL are trotting out now that game in Scotland is in ‘grave peril’ really feels like more scaremongering and deflection from the evidence reveal. They have lined their ducks up with statement after statement to make anyone sitting on the fence regarding what we may have up our sleeves to ignore it and crack on with the ‘bigger picture’. As has been said many times before the future of the game and its recent governance can and should be dealt with separately. 

Just now, murzo said:

I can’t quite remember but was there not another penalty shout in the game that we should have had? Julien or whatever his name is on Morelos.

All I remember about that game is that we bossed it but failed to score while they got a penalty (converted) with something like 3 clearly offside. A sickening day. 

5 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

This line the SPFL are trotting out now that game in Scotland is in ‘grave peril’ really feels like more scaremongering and deflection from the evidence reveal. They have lined their ducks up with statement after statement to make anyone sitting on the fence regarding what we may have up our sleeves to ignore it crack on with the ‘bigger picture’. As has been said many times before the future of the game and its recent governance can and should be dealt with separately. 

They are just angling for government cash, as the Rugby League received from the UK government. In this case, its got nothing to do with the evidence - although doesn't stop the media spin on it.

5 minutes ago, murzo said:

Brown, there was another as well that might have been Julien.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

All I remember about that game is that we bossed it but failed to score while they got a penalty (converted) with something like 3 clearly offside. A sickening day. 

They got a penalty?

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Our first move in all this was of one to build bridges and to help the Scottish clubs survive by putting forward a resolution to release the monies now to help the clubs survive mate.

A resolution I wouldn't have done. Why are we worried about the other clubs? .... I got it rammed down my throat at the time it was to help influence the vote, that worked out well too.

Really wish Rangers would just look out for ourselves and also really go to town on Scottish football as a whole and not just this dossier on a couple of guys at the SPFL.

This dossier is this lot in charge last chance to do something explosive as far as I'm concerned. 

I have a great problem with this opinion, although I totally respect what you think and many times think the same myself. I try to think more about the fan base and would I like to see my team die. Ffs I was fucking intolerable in 2012 and the thot of my team no longer being there was inconceivable. The biggest problem with Scottish football is finance, that brings weakness, that brings opportunity for others. One club has seized that opportunity and has grown very rich, apparently, in that time frame. It has gathered many supporters by whatever it had to do and Scottish footie is now basically run by that club. The important thing is that to gain power that club had to understand the weaknesses of the other clubs and as that is generally finance, that club had a fairly easy job in persuading the administrators of other clubs to toe the line. Because we weren’t there. That has to change. Now let’s go down the line. Supporters. Fuck all to do with running the finances of the club, only interested in supporting the club they have followed from when their faither first took them. Yes we are hated, prob because of our success and we do tend to let others know we are the best, however, do we really want guys who have followed their diddy teams for a lifetime, to lose that team. I don’t. Forget about that weekend when somebody almost begged fans to turn out to show we weren’t missed, forget what it was called. It was a fucking joke. Dreamt up by our biggest haters. Supporters have followed their teams forever. I personally don’t want their teams to die, because I know how I would feel, but I do want their owners and administrators to be brought to account and forced to follow the correct path and not that which is best for their club in the short term. I hope to fuck we have something that will make this happen and that all supporters, except the scum, are happy with that outcome. It is all very well hoping other teams die but we still need other teams to make up a league and play. Tin hat on as they say.

5 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

This line the SPFL are trotting out now that game in Scotland is in ‘grave peril’ really feels like more scaremongering and deflection from the evidence reveal. They have lined their ducks up with statement after statement to make anyone sitting on the fence regarding what we may have up our sleeves to ignore it crack on with the ‘bigger picture’. As has been said many times before the future of the game and its recent governance can and should be dealt with separately. 

Yet if they get away with it their stance will change 180* to “ it doesn’t matter if the game is in crisis, Rangers have to be punished in the name of sporting integrity “

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The whole country is watching us right now. I didn't see the need to assess our season telling everyone that we are trophy less.

Anyway, my apologies to those who read the Sky article, you guys are semi-right. It isn't as bad as the one I read in the Record.

:tu:

Good on you mate ..... takes a proper man to admit he may not have had all the facts before posting ..... you are right though in your take of things with the data you had seen in the DR ... and were right to condemn Boyd on that basis .....  and have owned up to being less informed than others on this occasion ..... most times you do get it right though ... so no big train crash.

🇬🇧

15 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

I have a great problem with this opinion, although I totally respect what you think and many times think the same myself. I try to think more about the fan base and would I like to see my team die. Ffs I was fucking intolerable in 2012 and the thot of my team no longer being there was inconceivable. The biggest problem with Scottish football is finance, that brings weakness, that brings opportunity for others. One club has seized that opportunity and has grown very rich, apparently, in that time frame. It has gathered many supporters by whatever it had to do and Scottish footie is now basically run by that club. The important thing is that to gain power that club had to understand the weaknesses of the other clubs and as that is generally finance, that club had a fairly easy job in persuading the administrators of other clubs to toe the line. Because we weren’t there. That has to change. Now let’s go down the line. Supporters. Fuck all to do with running the finances of the club, only interested in supporting the club they have followed from when their faither first took them. Yes we are hated, prob because of our success and we do tend to let others know we are the best, however, do we really want guys who have followed their diddy teams for a lifetime, to lose that team. I don’t. Forget about that weekend when somebody almost begged fans to turn out to show we weren’t missed, forget what it was called. It was a fucking joke. Dreamt up by our biggest haters. Supporters have followed their teams forever. I personally don’t want their teams to die, because I know how I would feel, but I do want their owners and administrators to be brought to account and forced to follow the correct path and not that which is best for their club in the short term. I hope to fuck we have something that will make this happen and that all supporters, except the scum, are happy with that outcome. It is all very well hoping other teams die but we still need other teams to make up a league and play. Tin hat on as they say.

That's all good and well mate (and you're more than entitled to that opinion) but I can't afford anyone the same common decency and respect they failed to award my team when we needed it.

You're not the first (and won't be the last) to say they can't feel that way towards other teams because they know first-hand how it felt in 2012. But I've a long memory, especially when it comes to Scottish football.

Also, we only need 9 other teams for a league. Drain the swamp that is Scottish football pronto. IMO.

4 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Try putting the shoe on the other foot, we wouldn't exist if it were up to the diddy teams nevermind the scum, every single one of them truely believe we are a new team who shouldn't even exist, fuck them!, I hope as many as possible actually fucking die, if and when they start disappearing, we should show them no mercy and even mock them as they take their last breath. 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I would like the true diddy teams to be in a pyramid structure with only 2 professional leagues. When the likes of Brechin have important votes then something is badly amiss with the whole structure.

Spot on. 

Two leagues is more than enough in Scotland. 

19 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Spot on. 

Two leagues is more than enough in Scotland. 

Far too many freeloading clubs in the senior league, should have merged a load of them in the late 90s as ICT had done. It was put out at the time with Dutd/Dundee, Lanarkshire club merging MWell/Hamilton - but the fans of those clubs were quite vocal about not backing it.

As you see with ICT, many of the old fans of the merged clubs have absolutely nothing to do with them.

I would even say only one expanded professional league is sustainable now in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Far too many freeloading clubs in the senior league, should have merged a load of them in the late 90s as ICT had done. It was put out at the time with Dutd/Dundee, Lanarkshire club merging MWell/Hamilton - but the fans of those clubs were quite vocal about not backing it.

As you see with ICT, many of the old fans of the merged clubs have absolutely nothing to do with them.

I would even say only one expanded professional league is sustainable now in Scotland.

Rightly so tbh. Fucked it with so many teams but you canny just merge clubs 

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rightly so tbh. Fucked it with so many teams but you canny just merge clubs 

They might have to in the upcoming months, far too many clubs with no money coming in. It might well happen in regions such as Angus eg Brechin/Montrose/Forfar - can't see how those clubs are going to survive no crowds for a year at least.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

They might have to in the upcoming months, far too many clubs with no money coming in. It might well happen in regions such as Angus eg Brechin/Montrose/Forfar - can't see how those clubs are going to survive no crowds for a year at least.

I reckon there will be next to no crowds if they do merge anyway tbh

3 hours ago, Domthenbud said:

Trying to get my head round the longest paragraph in the world.

Archived