Will we learn this time? (Away Tickets)

On 17/04/2020 at 13:35, BlueBeard said:

If, and it probably will,  start behind closed doors or reduced capacity, we are starting the season right away at a disadvantage, because  after our demotion, our main income is still season ticket money, while the scum have built up a cash reserve through continuous champions league money, with more to come , if we can’t sell 50,000 season tickets, we will struggle to  bring in the quality we need to challenge for the title next season.

IF we are looking at long term closed door shit and incremental crowds of one third capacity, I would rather be in our position that the scum with their 60 mil wage bill, even though they report 20mil squirrelled away.

It actually gives us influence when they are at their weakest financially and deals done to our advantage. Can start with removal of key players in the cabal including that CO shit.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm not trying to be a Billy big baws or the like but when renewals come through and my job situation remains the same then whether we can or can't attend games I'll still renew for the whole season. 

Everyone's situation will be different and a get that but it will help the club so I don't mind 

Not sure I could justify it if I didn’t know how many games I was getting and it was still the same price. I’d have to try and move seats.

When do people think ST's will actually go on sale? 

I think we're months and months away from that. 

I'd renew my two if they sent out the renewal, even if no football was being played so we could help the club.

But I just don't think football clubs will be asking for ST money anytime soon. Maybe not even this calendar year. 

A very serious issue lies ahead. It's a ticking time bomb. 

3 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I'd renew my two if they sent out the renewal, even if no football was being played so we could help the club.

But I just don't think football clubs will be asking for ST money anytime soon. Maybe not even this calendar year. 

Needs to be before or concurrent with the transfer window. 

6 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

When someone, somewhere, decides when and in what format the next season takes place.   Still got this season to box off.  Realistically maybe July at the very earliest.    

15 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

When someone, somewhere, decides when and in what format the next season takes place.   Still got this season to box off.  Realistically maybe July at the very earliest.    

I guess what I am saying is that ST's are for fans to buy to attend the games. 

I don't think we will have fans at Ibrox for the reminder of 2020.

So it's going to be interesting - and worrying - to see how we and other clubs deal with that prospect, because, unlike clubs in the EPL for example, ticket money is our main and only real significant income. Particularly as it is up front, allowing us to do transfer business etc. 

Unless we can sell players like Morelos and Borna then we face a huge financial challenge, to say the least. 

34 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

So it's going to be interesting - and worrying - to see how we and other clubs deal with that prospect, because, unlike clubs in the EPL for example, ticket money is our main and only real significant income. Particularly as it is up front, allowing us to do transfer business etc. 

Unless we can sell players like Morelos and Borna then we face a huge financial challenge, to say the least. 

Everyone will have to take the hit with this.   Sorry players but  the dynamics have changed.  You are either not playing to start with or  playing behind closed doors so you are all taking a big hit on your wages.  If you don’t like your reduced wage you can go home and think about how your reduced wage is still more than most NHS staff get for working long shifts and risking their lives.  If players still don’t like that then they can fuck off out of our Club.  I am sure most will be  onside. 

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Everyone will have to take the hit with this.     Sorry players but  the dynamics have changed.  You are either not playing to start with or  playing behind closed doors so you are all taking a big hit on your wages.  If you don’t like your reduced wage you can go home and think about how your reduced wage is still more than most NHS staff get for working long shifts and risking their lives.  If players still don’t like that then they can fuck off out of our Club.  I am sure most will be  onside. 

Agreed. 

We barely meet our operating costs as it is.

There are going to have to be significant changes within the club and it's cost base.

Sacrifices on a grand scale are an absolute must. 

I think many high and mighty egotistical football players have had a reality check from this pandemic. 

38 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Saw something last weekend saying Italy doesn’t see football in front of crowds before January.

As we appear a couple of weeks behind them, we may be even later than that.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Saw something last weekend saying Italy doesn’t see football in front of crowds before January.

As we appear a couple of weeks behind them, we may be even later than that.

Yes mate. 

If I was a betting man I'd say we won't be attending any Rangers games until about Feb/March next year.

Obviously I have no idea for sure, but that would be my guess as it stands right now. That might even be proven to be quite optimistic! 

Some people might be surprised at the rate in which we come out of this. The Daily Mail and The Sun had articles reporting Oxford University had already begun trials with a vaccine they are pretty confident will be both effective and safe. Here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Yes mate. 

If I was a betting man I'd say we won't be attending any Rangers games until about Feb/March next year.

Obviously I have no idea for sure, but that would be my guess as it stands right now. That might even be proven to be quite optimistic! 

Really no way of telling mate.

If predictions about social distancing are correct, remains to be seen how we’ll handle keeping folk in crowds 2 metres apart from each other for months on end.

4 minutes ago, Ned Ryerson said:

Some people might be surprised at the rate in which we come out of this. The Daily Mail and The Sun had articles reporting Oxford University had already begun trials with a vaccine they are pretty confident will be both effective and safe. Here's hoping.

Here's hoping mate, but I still think it will take time. 

And the process of the vaccine also has to be proven that the vaccine has no serious side effects etc. 

Just now, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Here's hoping mate, but I still think it will take time. 

And the process of the vaccine also has to be proven that the vaccine has no serious side effects etc. 

Definitely. Thats the problem with vaccines, they have to be trialled successfully which eats up a lot of time but the boffins seem pretty confident on the one reported in the Mail and Sun. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Wut

omg sorry, i stumbled on a live broadcast of a maybe bird you would do, i think i kicked myself and wondered why they exist in the first place....still coming to terms...WHORES!!!

12 hours ago, Alendrin said:

omg sorry, i stumbled on a live broadcast of a maybe bird you would do, i think i kicked myself and wondered why they exist in the first place....still coming to terms...WHORES!!!

sure mate we're all on the net and just so happen to stumble across these sites :mutley:

Archived