Happy 67th Birthday

Virtuoso

48 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fucking hell he's 67 😂😂😂

Looks about 45 at most 

I saw the title and was thinking who it might be before I opened the thread. Would have been a long time in guessing Souness. 34 years ago since he arrived right enough, the past 2 months have taken longer than that.

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Meh. Fucked off when a bigger offer came in. 
only thing souness should be celebrated for, is bringing Walter Smith from Dundee Utd.

Actually a fair shout, but he did dig and drag us from oblivion.

Still a Legend in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Folk talk about souness as a legend. No where near imo. He nearly cost us 3 in a row ffs 

I thought we were talking about Graeme Souness as an overall player because he was one of the best midfielders around in his days at Liverpool. And one of the best Scottish players ever produced so to me his legend status is warranted. However, far too old when he came to us. 34 I think.

I wish he would take some kind of job at our club right now.

21 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Folk talk about souness as a legend. No where near imo. He nearly cost us 3 in a row ffs 

Souness laid the foundations for the 90's after years in the wilderness and you know it, your attempt at belittling him is just petty mindedness, as for almost costing us 3iar he was willing to finish the season with us it was Murray's decision to tell him to leave, thankfully it worked out in the end.

Souness will always have a special place in my heart for what he brought to The Rangers.

5 hours ago, murzo said:

I saw the title and was thinking who it might be before I opened the thread. Would have been a long time in guessing Souness. 34 years ago since he arrived right enough, the past 2 months have taken longer than that.

Same, I was thinking maybe big DJ or Bobby Russell or something. 

But fuck sake, Souness 67.............definitely a magnificent bastard. 

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Proper footballer, hit them hard where it hurts.

How do you like a post more than once?

Was there that night and even back in those days when you were actually still allowed to tackle I remember thinking oh FFS he's off here.

Yellow card for it :lol:

Imagine the meltdown if that happened today.

10 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

As much of a legend as Kenny Miller 

Who gave as much to our club as anyone over last 20 years.

Watty did blow 10 in a row, by announcing departure too early, we all have faults.

Archived