SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

10 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Not enough?

1. Stonewall penalty denied at pittodrie.

2. killie score a goal from a handball.

3. same game Morelos fouled in the box, free kick anywhere else on the pitch but no pen.

4.Morelos scores but used his arms, like the killie defender did for the not given penalty. 

You make these calls correctly, we possibly gain 5 points not drop them. 

Yes we were playing shit but even teams playing shit can still win when descisions are given correctly!!

You've mentioned one game post Christmas mate.

Bad decisions yeah but the second half v Killie we were shocking. Gerrard didn't change it.

Off the top of my head.... why did we lose to Hamilton at home? Hearts away... TWICE?

Why did we draw with the sheep at home 0-0 when we pumped them 5-0 at home pre Christmas.  Why did we draw away at St Johnstone and concede two more sloppy goals.

No major excuses. Even if the refs were better we would be 7 or 8 points behind. After the New Year game we were in pole position. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Small comfort, but this 'title' will always have a huge asterisk against it.  They'll claim that they 'don't care', but it will eat away at them. The club that covers up child abuse, the club that takes seriously titles won while their only serious competitor is out of the league, the club that 'wins' a title in an unfinished season. A club like no other, indeed. 

See to be honest I don’t think it will bother them one iota. They have no shame and are embarrassed by nothing. They will celebrate this title like they deserve it.

38 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well just maybe the club should launch court action. 

I certainly did not buy 2 season books to watch them being handed the title with plenty of points still to play for.  

Anyone who disagrees them what about helicopter Sunday ? 7 Pts  behind with 12 Pls to play for and we won the league by a point, that there alone fucks up their system to award these cunts the title  

Is that our board taking it to them or  lying down to them once again , why even start a fight if your taking second prize? 

How about along the lines if celtic are awarded the title then we will not take part in any tv deal or take away tickets when crowds are allowed back 

Hit the cunts in the pocket and make the SPFL go bust.   

It was 5 points bud. They beat us at Ibrox to go 5 in front with 4 games each to play. They then went on to lose 2 of their last 4 games and we won all ours. A six point swing in only 4 games.

It's a bigger points gap this time round but unlike this season back in 2005 we didn't have a game in hand and 2 games against them still to play.  A point our media have never mentioned, not once.

Overall both situations pretty similar in terms of points difference/potential points swing to games remaining. 

So they are definitely being handed a title they haven't won. 

We were woeful after the winter break but no one can say the gap couldn't have been closed, however unlikely. 

The fact their manager and captain have both been bumping their gums about getting the title when people are dying in their thousands and  haven't been called out on it by the smsm tells you all you need to know.

The media in this country are almost as shameless and rancid as the "club like no other".

Almost, but not quite. 

2 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

It was 5 points bud. They beat us at Ibrox to go 5 in front with 4 games each to play. They then went on to lose 2 of their last 4 games and we won all ours. A six point swing in only 4 games.

It's a bigger points gap this time round but unlike this season back in 2005 we didn't have a game in hand and 2 games against them still to play.  A point our media have never mentioned, not once.

Overall both situations pretty similar in terms of points difference/potential points swing to games remaining. 

So they are definitely being handed a title they haven't won. 

We were woeful after the winter break but no one can say the gap couldn't have been closed, however unlikely. 

The fact their manager and captain have both been bumping their gums about getting the title when people are dying in their thousands and  haven't been called out on it by the smsm tells you all you need to know.

The media in this country are almost as shameless and rancid as the "club like no other".

Almost, but not quite. 

I stand corrected. It was 5 points.

I'd love Rangers to fight any decision to hand out titles but its no gonna happen sadly.

We start in August understanding there is 38games to decide the title in March its then decided the league is done after 30 (29 for us)

I really don't see the spfl having a leg to stand on with this if we went after them through court.

Imo any attempt to change the rules whilst a season is on going should result in a void league or abandoned league. Failure to do that seriously undermines the integrity of the competition.

Heard it for weeks from scum fans "if the league finished tomorrow who'd be champions" what they are conveniently forgetting is the league season going by the spfl rules is 38games long not 30 and 29 respectively,

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t buy that.

we lost a cup final due to a shite decision and then played some of the best football i’ve seen for a while.

The game we won 3-0 at Easter Road was one of the best performances from us for years and then the game at Parkhead when we were superb.

After that break it was Warburtonesque - Management no idea what to do, players form horrific..

It’s all about opinions mate....

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why?

Pretty sure that Sponsors and TV companies would look to claim back money for a season that never happened.

Not sure regarding season tickets too.

@eskbankloyal would know better as it’s his department but he said it was “financially ruinous”  for us..

Todays Sun so don't take as gospel

NEIL DONCASTER has warned Rangers they will be going to war with themselves if they pursue a costly legal action against the SPFL.

The Ibrox club have made it clear they will not let the matter rest — despite having their plea for an independent investigation into the vote to end the season rejected.

Rangers failed to deliver the 75 percent backing their proposal required, although they did have the backing of 12 other clubs.

Gers chairman Douglas Park insists the ‘status quo cannot hold’ but given the SPFL is a member’s organisation, Doncaster feels a courtroom fight would be counterproductive.

The SPFL chief executive said: “Ultimately any action that is taken by any club against the league is action taken against the clubs themselves. That is what the league is.

“We don’t hold reserves. All of the money that comes into the league is used to run the league and then the surplus is distributed to clubs as fee payments.

“Ultimately it is a decision for any club what it wishes to do, but any action taken would be against the clubs themselves.

“The message from the clubs is that they want us to look forward and we are certainly prepared to do that.”

No cash reserves so what happens if broadcasters want their 10M back. Also I don't think we are looking for damages. Usual nonsense from Doncaster.

I feel with Rangers the issue of the title is a moral thing. They don't wanna be seen making a fuss over something that means nothing in the mist of a global health crisis. Whilst this is absolutely the correct attitude I'd have loved our position regarding it to be set out early.

We want games played if that's not possible the only option is abandon or void the season. 

Keep reading we were off form and ref decisions cost us valuable points.

Both very valid.

But the reality and only argument to put out there is this title could still be won and it is undecided.

You simply cannot hand out a trophy that hasn’t been won unless the rules stipulated at the beginning of the competition state that it can.

You can’t change/bend/make up rules as you go along.

Sporting Integrity was used against us so the very people to use it most should be forced to use it now. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I feel with Rangers the issue of the title is a moral thing. They don't wanna be seen making a fuss over something that means nothing in the mist of a global health crisis. Whilst this is absolutely the correct attitude I'd have loved our position regarding it to be set out early.

We want games played if that's not possible the only option is abandon or void the season. 

Any such position taken by us would have been portrayed as anti tic  and negated by the dodgy resolution so I must disagree and say the board played it right.

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Any such position taken by us would have been portrayed as anti tic  and negated by the dodgy resolution so I must disagree and say the board played it right.

Agreed.

But there could be a case that the SPFL stole the decision to say how the league would be concluded from premiership clubs in their resolution. All they a discussing today is do they wait to play on or end the season.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Even now if we challenge that vote a its procedures am sure in a court it be thrown out. They'd absolutely re do it immediately no doubting that would it get passed again imo no.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Even now if we challenge that vote a its procedures am sure in a court it be thrown out. They'd absolutely re do it immediately no doubting that would it get passed again imo no.

Again I must disagree. If that resolution was voted on again today I am sure it would fail.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Pretty sure that Sponsors and TV companies would look to claim back money for a season that never happened.

Not sure regarding season tickets too.

@eskbankloyal would know better as it’s his department but he said it was “financially ruinous”  for us..

If that's in the contracts for n&v then that's fair enough. Its not been shown to be so suggests it's not.  What have sponsors and tv companies not lost from PPG that they would from n&v? It's the same no of games. 

Similarly, do STs differentiate and pay out a refund for n&v but not PPG? Doesnt make sense, none of it does.

42 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

For me this cup will be the '81% Cup' and it can go sit in their trophy cabinet of shame next to the 'Collum Cup'.  

Indeed - and the 'Clancy Cup' and all the others ...

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Just a random thought re Doncasters 'no cash reserves'.

If someone takes legal action against them do they need the clubs to vote them funds in order to defend it ?

The executives of the SPFL have indemnity insurance according to companies house documents. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If it's in the contract for n&v then that's fair enough. Its not been shown to be so suggests it's not.  What have sponsors and tv companies not lost from PPG that they would from n&v? It's the same no of games. 

Similarly, do STs differentiate and pay out a refund for n&v but not PPG? Doesnt make sense, none of it does.

The league is paying out 10 million to broadcasters for games not played this season.

Surely null and void is basically saying that this season never happened so in effect all sponsorship money and tv money not duefor season.

I think the fact that no league is going down that route says it all.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The league is paying out 10 million to broadcasters for games not played this season.

Surely null and void is basically saying that this season never happened so in effect all sponsorship money and tv money not duefor season.

I think the fact that no league is going down that route says it all.

They could abandon the league and get paid for what as been televised and then freeze the contract until football starts again as a good will gesture. 

34 minutes ago, jintybear said:

See to be honest I don’t think it will bother them one iota. They have no shame and are embarrassed by nothing. They will celebrate this title like they deserve it.

I think their public front will be as you suggest, but,  whether they admit it or not, they are publicly shamed by the child abuse  issues (as seen by their reaction to being reminded about this at every Old Firm game), and deep down, they won't want  the asterisk beside  this title.  

Archived