SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I believe so, yeah. 

That is shocking, for some reason I could not confirm last few seasons figures via a search. But 1.5m per season plus 300k per season is a significant sum lost to the game.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

2015 to 2017 two year deal sponsor / naming rights deal with ladbrokes, around £4m for two years. As a guide. Gifting this to Sky is quite expensive and more that £1m per year

It all depends what Sky can negotiate for the amount. If they can get a company to pay £4m a season then they get that and we get fuck all. I would think the Sky chiefs would be far better negotiators than Doncaster and Lawwell.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Can someone give me a quick update...

When are hearts due in court?

Why have the SFA suddenly got involved? What are they trying to do?

The sfa need to get involved its part of the process apparently

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

The Sky deal is worth £32m per year for five years originally. SPFL are paying back approx £300k per year for the duration. 

And that is just the start of it, if Hearts and Thistle win there cases then that could be another £10m, add in another £2.5m for BT and the pot dwindles further. 

Also are Sky not sponsoring the league as well now for nothing? That's another £1m at least that could be going into it instead weve gave it up for nothing as the people who run the game are inept. 

9 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

And that is just the start of it, if Hearts and Thistle win there cases then that could be another £10m, add in another £2.5m for BT and the pot dwindles further. 

Also are Sky not sponsoring the league as well now for nothing? That's another £1m at least that could be going into it instead weve gave it up for nothing as the people who run the game are inept. 

BBC might want money back too - for lost championship fixtures.

I also recall that they had a foreign TV deal - more possible losses.

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

BBC might want money back too - for lost championship fixtures.

I also recall that they had a foreign TV deal - more possible losses.

They sold the foreign deal for buttons years ago ,they never revealed the amount but it was thought to be not very much ,Doncaster crowed about it at the time ,

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Or possibly a benefactor. 

SPFL mate why would they put bank details out if they had access to Mr Anderson's money.

You don't sign manager's and player's until u know for sure what's happening.

If heart's avoid relegation DS is still there manager

😁😁😁

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

SPFL mate why would they put bank details out if they had access to Mr Anderson's money.

😁😁😁

They've had something like 8m off him over the last few years

Just now, KingKirk said:

😁😁😁

I think you will find that that any issues surrounding DS have been resolved. He just signed a contract with German TV to do commentary and punditry for Bundisleague 2.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I think you will find that that any issues surrounding DS have been resolved. He just signed a contract with German TV to do commentary and punditry for Bundisleague 2.

What's happened to the Hearts contract he signed until 2022?

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

The Sky deal is worth £32m per year for five years originally. SPFL are paying back approx £300k per year for the duration. 

So including naming rights to the spfl for the same 5 years, Sky will be paid back , one way or another, approx. 10m. 
Can sprinkle glitter on it all you want, this is money that they chose not to declare to the member Clubs, that they would lose when they tied everything into the vote in April. Thereafter, when Rangers raised this point , they denied it and even rubbished it. But bar that , yeah it’s just 300k per year.

Just now, murzo said:

So including naming rights to the spfl for the same 5 years, Sky will be paid back , one way or another, approx. 10m. 
Can sprinkle glitter on it all you want, this is money that they chose not to declare to the member Clubs, that they would lose when they tied everything into the vote in April. Thereafter, when Rangers raised this point , they denied it and even rubbished it. But bar that , yeah it’s just 300k per year.

Will depend on the value of the naming rights deal. They negotiated a reduced figure on the TV deal already.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I have no idea. The parties must have come to an accommodation.

It became void when Hearts were relegated. Budge confirmed as much on Sportsound a couple of weeks ago. Both Budge and Stendel had said they wanted him in charge if Hearts were in the Premiership.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It became void when Hearts were relegated. Budge confirmed as much on Sportsound a couple of weeks ago. Both Budge and Stendel had said they wanted him in charge if Hearts were in the Premiership.

Since then have obviously talked.

Archived