Alfredo Instagram

Assegai

Quite surprised people still defend him after the scottish cup carry on last season tbh.  Was most likely our last chance of silverware and even though the teams performance was unacceptable he never really helped the situation. He can't be relied on. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I don’t doubt that but if you get good service for vydra he could do the same in the Scottish league and he wouldn’t be missing 6-8 games a season due to suspenions.

I’ve just spent 5 minutes checking that boys stats.  There’s a reason he’s been moved about 11 times in ten years and at his last club He scored 3 in 23.  

nope. Not for me. 

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve just spent 5 minutes checking that boys stats.  There’s a reason he’s been moved about 11 times in ten years and at his last club He scored 3 in 23.  

nope. Not for me. 

A guy that not a single person on this forum, or the wider fanbase in general would have ever mentioned had there not been those January rumours. 

Now all of a sudden he's the messiah and the answer to stopping  the filth next season 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

A guy that not a single person on this forum, or the wider fanbase in general would have ever mentioned had there not been those January rumours. 

Now all of a sudden he's the messiah and the answer to stopping  the filth next season 😂😂😂

What we do know though is that Morelos isn’t the messiah to stop the filth.

39 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

if we had better service from wide, proper balls from midfield and corners that beat the first man Morelos would significantly up his tally. 

McCoist  had hunners of service during our best days and missed more than he scored sometimes, but still scored barrels of goals for us.  

give Alfie decent service and your guaranteed goals.  

Plus lots of support from class players such as big Attila, who if he wasn’t scoring himself was setting up McCoist to score. Something Alfredo does not get much help with.

34 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Quite surprised people still defend him after the scottish cup carry on last season tbh.  Was most likely our last chance of silverware and even though the teams performance was unacceptable he never really helped the situation. He can't be relied on. 

That's the ultimate tarrier mentality.

Morelos didn't play badly in the Scottish Cup game against them last season. He was denied by a goalkeeper on top form. He bullied there back line and found excellent space. He also got a man sent off for them. 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Morelos didn't play badly in the Scottish Cup game against them last season. He was denied by a goalkeeper on top form. He bullied there back line and found excellent space. He also got a man sent off for them. 

He was talking about his no-show the day before our Scottish cup game to hearts. 

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

What we do know though is that Morelos isn’t the messiah to stop the filth

Not in his own. 

You brought up Miller and Boyd earlier in the thread but neglected to mention that they were often playing together!! Neither were overly relied on to be be the sole goalscorer in the team. Miller had Jelavic after Boyd left ffs. They also had guys like Novo, Naismith, and Lafferty spreading the goal scoring burden. And none of those guys were dealing with that huge amount of pressure at 21/22/23 years old. 

Morelos has weakness the same as any other player, and you may very well be right in saying he perhaps has more than others, but he absolutely isn't the problem. As has been mentioned previously in the thread, the severe lack of goals and assists from our other attack minded players and midfield three is what needs addressed this summer. In all honesty we were in this exact same position this time last year and fucked ourselves in the arse by wasting money on the likes of Stewart, Jones, Barker, Hastie and Ojo when everybody knew we were crying out for a genuine, quality player or 2 who could bring some creativity and a goal threat. 

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Also, Forster is getting far too much credit for the final. Not one was a hard save to make. 

Jacks was his best one. If he was a few inches smaller that was going in the top corner.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Also, Forster is getting far too much credit for the final. Not one was a hard save to make. 

He got very lucky a couple of times and a linesman with a pair of balls would have forced the penalty to be retaken 

5 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

A fine was suffice , taigs would drop their best striker going to Tynecastle in their only realistic chance of silverware eh ? Absolutely no chance , Gerrard made a cunt of that big time 

I can’t believe people are defending Morelos because he is the only striker and therefore a poor wee soul who has to do it all himself. Then there are mentions of potent striking partnerships we’ve had in the past to back this up.

This is not something to defend Morelos with, this is his big weakness and only in particular games his big strength.

We’ve tried partnering Morelos with another striker and he is seemingly unable to work together with someone. No matter who’s fault that is, the common denominator is Morelos. Therefore we cannot rely on him as our sole striking option.

In my opinion, If we are to have one main striker we need to have someone who is more flexible because Morelos is definitely not. The best case scenario would be to have another flexible striker of the same quality as Morelos and to have them both. I doubt this can happen though.

Being inflexible is basically like telling the opposition every single week our tactics before we go out there and play. This would of course be seen as utter stupidity because our playing staff are not of the required quality to play our own way all the time and blow the opposition away. 

13 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We never played them in the Scottish Cup? 

If you are talking about the league cup final then yes, Morelos played well. 

54 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

We never played them in the Scottish Cup? 

If you are talking about the league cup final then yes, Morelos played well. 

Yeah my bad mate. Someone already pointed out that you were referring to the LC final.

Alfredo cost us less than 1M pounds. Dollar for dollar that is the best investment we have made in a striker in decades.

On top form he is a nightmare for defenses. He is focused on hitting the target and that makes the keeper make decisions. Often that results in a decent save. 

His disciplinary record I put down to his 100% commitment. He does get frustrated when decisions are clearly wrong and against him and that's when the petulance comes out.

As one of the first names on the team sheet he is a key member of our squad and will not be easily replaced.  

17 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

nope. Not for me. 

If we signed vydra and I'm not saying by any stretch we will be signing him but I'm willing to bet £20 that if he played a minimum of 40 games in all competitions he would score a minimum of 20 goals for us

On 01/06/2020 at 13:52, hammer93 said:

If we signed vydra and I'm not saying by any stretch we will be signing him but I'm willing to bet £20 that if he played a minimum of 40 games in all competitions he would score a minimum of 20 goals for us

Easily, josh windaas fucking hit 19 goals in a season for us.

Archived