Favourite Random Goal

Essandoh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wully said:

The tightness of the rows so my shin went up the back of the seat infront whilst i was jumping up to celebrate :lol:

My shins were purple polka dots for a fortnight because of that when Ryan Jack scored against them at Ibrox, looked like somebody had tried to kneecap me with paintballs :lol: 

Ah I do miss Ibrox 

19 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

What an atmosphere for a friendly that day 

We played Ajax on the Wednesday before I’m sure

Darcheville got sent off for stamping on one of their players and everyone thought he was a head case, couldn’t have been a nicer guy :lol: 

7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Nice build up here 

That was the years the uefa cup group stages had a really strange set up . 5 team groups with each team just playing each other once if I remember rightly ? We won our first two games that season and then fucked it in the final 2 group games.

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

That was the years the uefa cup group stages had a really strange set up . 5 team groups with each team just playing each other once if I remember rightly ? We won our first two games that season and then fucked it in the final 2 group games.

I preferred that format to be honest

Gave the UEFA Cup it’s own character and wasn’t just a Champions League Lite

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

True . Think that was the first season group stages were added to the UEFA cup . 

Just seemed more exciting that way. There were shock results all the time and you had to make every match count.

Having said that, our group campaigns haven’t exactly been boring in the Europa League in recent times.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Yeah we only had to play four games in a 5 team group. The current format got introduced in 2009/10.

Just needed a point against AZ and Auxerre to go through IIRC.

On 26/06/2020 at 09:31, Essandoh said:

Brahim Hemdani disappeared off the face of the Earth after 2008, I wish the club would get him to do an interview

In European games he was like an extra man

loved hemdani especially in europe there was a coolness in his play as you said would love to see an interview of him