Favourite Random Goal

Essandoh

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Sasa Papac! 

This was a great wee game. Milan team was genuinely full of stars that season and that strip is a stunner. Kaka was at his peak and actually got some applause from the Copland when he scored an absolute worldy, dribbling past 4 or 5 players at lightning speed. Beckham on the Ibrox turf was something I’ll never forget either.

But the thing I’ll remember most is how fucking cold it was and Dida getting absolute pelters off a guy behind the goal for “wearing jammy bottoms like a big lassie” :lol: 

Also Inzaghi was offside about 40 times

• 3 months later...

A few come to mind.

Brian Laudrup, who I absolutely adored, going round the keeper at hampden against the Tarriers and on fo their defenders (possibly macnamara) trying in vein to stop him rolling it into the net and slides into the post. 

another I love is the second at Elland Road, the cross from Hateley and the diving header at the back post from Super. Absolutely magic. 

My favourite goal was scored by Orjan Persson in the SC against Hearts at Ibrox in 1967.  Best Rangers goal I have seen.  Unfortunately, don’t think there is any tv footage of it so have to rely on distant memory which may be biased, me being just a kid at the time.  

From memory, it was a hitchkick volley from 25-30 yards out towards the Broomloan goal.  Was standing in the East Enclosure, right in line to watch it arrow into the net.  It was not dissimilar to the goal DiCanio scored for West Ham a few years ago which ended up goal of the season (although clearly was much better than that).  

1 hour ago, peter huistra said:

Novo's volley v dundee hibs at Ibrox 2008 think it was the game before zenit, was a moment of brilliance from the wee man, he caught it perfectly and should have been a good enough reason to start him in Manchester.

Filmed on a pie