Katic Injured - 9 Months Out?

GOAT

The defence conceded the same amount as the filth I’m sure. 

It’s the forward line and midfield that are the ones really letting us down. Take Goldson’s shocker at home to Hamilton - wouldn't have mattered if our attacking players did their job. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd half of the season we still wouldn’t have won games with Barisi and Maldini at the back....our confidence was shot....the tame surrender against Leverkusen capped it....we didn’t look like we could win from the first minute

I would assume he would have found time on the bench more often than not this season - Hellander was starting to find form in Scotland, I am probably more of a fan of Goldson than most - Edmundson will serve his purpose now and then. 

A loan for a CB seems a decent enough idea as short term cover - still have bigger issues with our team than our defense 

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

John souttar from hearts or big cooper from milwall.

I'll be honest I think big katic is finished at Rangers now. Can see it going the same way as Murphy sadly.

Me too mate, I thought he’d be phased out this season and wouldn’t feature much and now he won’t anyway. Highly doubt we’ll see him again and released at end of contract. 

38 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Me too mate, I thought he’d be phased out this season and wouldn’t feature much and now he won’t anyway. Highly doubt we’ll see him again and released at end of contract. 

His contact ends in 2023 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

The defence conceded the same amount as the filth I’m sure. 

It’s the forward line and midfield that are the ones really letting us down. Take Goldson’s shocker at home to Hamilton - wouldn't have mattered if our attacking players did their job. 

19 goals against for us and them

They scored nearly 40 more goals than us.

I'm not for one second suggesting any of our back four are fucken world class but how people can't see they are far from being the problem is beyond me.

If some people had their way we'd be conceding less than 5 goals a season, still only scoring 50 or 60 goals and still finishing 6-12 points behind them.

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

19 goals against for us and them

They scored nearly 40 more goals than us.

I'm not for one second suggesting any of our back four are fucken world class but how people can't see they are far from being the problem is beyond me.

If some people had their way we'd be conceding less than 5 goals a season, still only scoring 50 or 60 goals and still finishing 6-12 points behind them.

Completely agree. The disaster zone that was once our defense has been more or less fixed. It's other areas that need fixing.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Helander gets a real rough time of it on here. 

Have we lost a game with him playing yet? Only one I can remember is the LCF and we all know how that turned out. Helander has been almost faultless in the games he’s played

Helander is our best defender by far mate. 

Gets abuse because he’s not got much pace. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Helander gets a real rough time of it on here. 

Have we lost a game with him playing yet? Only one I can remember is the LCF and we all know how that turned out. Helander has been almost faultless in the games he’s played

He's only played about 6 games had he no? 

42 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Helander is our best defender by far mate. 

Gets abuse because he’s not got much pace. 

I think he is. Even though he looks slow, I’ve very rarely seen him caught out. Anticipates and reads the game well. Also think Goldson gets a rough time of it given how he’s generally quite consistent. 

Guys like Katic and Edmundson get a much easier ride. 

A back 5 of McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander and Barasic is absolutely fine for a title winning side. It’s in front of them that’s the problem. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I think he is. Also think Goldson gets a rough time of it given how he’s generally quite consistent. 

Guys like Katic and Edmundson get a much easier ride. 

A back 5 of McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander and Barasic is absolutely fine for a title winning side. It’s in front of them that’s the problem. 

Think Goldson gets such a hard time because he’s on nearly triple of what Katic is on. 

We can do better for the money involved. 

Hopefully Katic recovers swiftly. Our best CB in set piece situations and when confident and on it clearly our best CB.

Hopefully we sign someone to challenge goldson and big George can have a consistent run of games.

Gutted for big Niko after all his hard work during lockdown and in what would have been a real make or break season for him imo. 

I had hoped we were in the market for a no 1 cb anyway tbh but this should hopefully force our hand.

21 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

He improved over time but will always be too slow imo

Speed means nothing if u can read the game and are very intelligent. Davie weir, clint hill springs to mind from recent history

Archived