Katic Injured - 9 Months Out?

GOAT

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throwing this out there. I think it was Beale who is on record as saying that when you can't balance the defence in terms of a right-footer at RCB and a left-footer at LCB you put your better or more experienced center-back on his weaker side and allow your weaker player the luxury of playing on his favoured side. Katic is right-footed and plays on the left and Goldson (who is supposedly our best and most undroppable defender) plays on the right. Seems to be a contradiction there.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

If you think katic is better than goldson your a mongo bastard man 

Both have completely different attributes and IMO are our best partnership, not that Helander has done much wrong. I think Gerrard seems to favour Goldson because of his communication skills which as a defender are just as important as his physical skills.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I would have liked to have seen Katic get a run with Helander. Probably the only partnership we haven’t tried.

We tried it for 45 minutes against Derby. I remember being very impressed actually. 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

We never really replaced him. Won’t stop some on here tell us how shit he was though.

Yip if you added up Kent , ojo , Barker , Jones . Still wouldn't be more goals or assists than the Candyman. 

We have four left wingers on the books and not one right winger.

I wish instead of buying guys like Murphy , Barker , Jones , we would just put all those wages and transfer fees together and buy one quality player.

Fucks sake haha. Just caught the end of this and CBA reading back 50 pages.

Goldson is a far more accomplished defender than Katic. Granted Katic is young and has the tools and a great attitude to become a cracking defender but he isn't on Goldson's level yet. Goldson has had some dodgy moments, but he has also had some great moments. All the great results in Europe and other games, he has been at the heart of the defence and put in some solid performances. 

Also see people.mention Candeias and how we miss him but I don't. He was notorious for coming up against defenders and going backwards. Put in a great shift defensively but lacked getting chalk on his boots which you want in a winger. We never replaced him, true but not because we never got a good replacement winger, we simply never really got a right winger.

7 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

No he’s not, Rob Kiernan was terrible just utter shite, Goldson has put in some solid performances in big games for us.  

Reckon Keirnan had one good game for us ,the semi against the taigs ,Goldson has had some superb games especially in some of the European games where we have had great results .Goldson has made mistakes but what player hasn’t ,Even Gough ,who is for me the best CB we have had in my time made mistakes 

And to echo your point Keirnan was utter SHITE 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon Keirnan had one good game for us ,the semi against the taigs ,Goldson has had some superb games especially in some of the European games where we have had great results .Goldson has made mistakes but what player hasn’t ,Even Gough ,who is for me the best CB we have had in my time made mistakes 

And to echo your point Keirnan was utter SHITE 

Gough was far more consistent, a much better on field leader and earned the right to make the odd mistake

Goldson swaggers about like he's already done it all with us, has the air of invincibility (due to gerrard mollycuddling his fuck ups compared to Katic and edmunson) and tbh isn't anywhere near as commanding as gough was, 

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Goldson is not good and Katic most likely isn't good either. 

The whole back line is bang fucking average and has been for years now 

Bang average by general world football standards is top drawer by SPFL standards. We're not aiming to win the CL and the EPL. They'll do for now mate, bigger problems middle to front.

48 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Goldson is not good and Katic most likely isn't good either. 

The whole back line is bang fucking average and has been for years now 

They managed nine clean sheets in European competition last season - including against Porto, Braga, Feyenoord, and Legia. Our defence is more than good enough to win an SPL title. Obviously it could be better but, if you have to prioritise (and we do), the defence is low on the list. 

5 hours ago, rangersross said:

They managed nine clean sheets in European competition last season - including against Porto, Braga, Feyenoord, and Legia. Our defence is more than good enough to win an SPL title. Obviously it could be better but, if you have to prioritise (and we do), the defence is low on the list. 

I think he must ge depressed. His posts have been fucking chronic recently. 

Katic is a rough diamond, that can be molded into a top level CH. The lad is in his early 20s and shows great promise. Goldson is pushing 30 and is as good as he's ever going to get.

As for Candeias, I must be one of the few on here that really liked him. I'd have him back tomorrow.

Archived