Helander

KingKirk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Drew attention to how shite our defence currently is the other day and was told it's our strongest area in the team

Funny you say that, I mentioned after the injury to Katic that we needed to spend on a centre back....the general consensus in here is that the defence is the least of our worries :lol: we maybe didn't concede lots of goals last season but the ones we did concede were as cheap as fuck

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Drew attention to how shite our defence currently is the other day and was told it's our strongest area in the team

Helander issue would make me change my mind on that, didn't know he was still out.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Funny you say that, I mentioned after the injury to Katic that we needed to spend on a centre back....the general consensus in here is that the defence is the least of our worries :lol: we maybe didn't concede lots of goals last season but the ones we did concede were as cheap as fuck

Aye people seem to have allowed themselves to forget some of the horrific mistakes we made at the back at times last season.

We've got Edmunson and Goldson (Helander and Katic injured) and we have  just signed Calvin Bassey who came from Leicester as a LB, and CB can play CB. A guy with huge potential, but not much chance he's taking Barisic's position full time, unless inured - so maybe he's being earmarked as stand-in for either positions.

23 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

We've got Edmunson and Goldson (Helander and Katic injured) and we have  just signed Calvin Bassey who came from Leicester as a LB, and CB can play CB. A guy with huge potential, but not much chance he's taking Barisic's position full time, unless inured - so maybe he's being earmarked as stand-in for either positions.

Bassey is miles from being ready, especially as a centre half.

He looks a unit, but his positional sense is that of a guy who hasn't played proper professional football at a decent level. Which is what he is regardless of potential.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bassey is miles from being ready, especially as a centre half.

He looks a unit, but his positional sense is that of a guy who hasn't played proper professional football at a decent level. Which is what he is regardless of potential.

Spot on. Saw one instance last night (when he had moved to CB) where he had chased a ball down on the right flank. Goldson ushered him back into the middle but he still hadn't a clue where to go and who to mark. He just looked lost. No way should he be played at CB in a competitive game yet. 

As for Helander, what exactly is his injury now....is it still the mysterious foot injury?

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Spot on. Saw one instance last night (when he had moved to CB) where he had chased a ball down on the right flank. Goldson ushered him back into the middle but he still hadn't a clue where to go and who to mark. He just looked lost. No way should he be played at CB in a competitive game yet. 

As for Helander, what exactly is his injury now....is it still the mysterious foot injury?

Saw that too. Goldson telling him he was left CB and the lad seeming like the penny dropped only when he was told.

The thumb or Dykes could have a field day with him, if I were opposition thats who I'd target. And its not his fault, he's got potential but no experience.

Helander - no idea - the silence on him from the club is concerning though.

23 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Noticed that too. I hope there’s potential there but far from impressed with him so far. 
I can see him getting caught out a lot 

22 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Get Kipre in from Wigan now they’re relegated, get in quick before someone else does 

Kipper would be a good backup to Goldson and the fridge. Not getting my hopes up of seeing Helander for the foreseeable future. We bought him knowing he had a dodgy injury history and took a chance because it was cheaper for the quality of player. We need cheap, experienced and ready to go with no injury worries as 3rd choice and then give Mayo a chance at 4th choice. No way should we be buying another 2 centre backs.

11 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Noticed that too. I hope there’s potential there but far from impressed with him so far. 
I can see him getting caught out a lot 

He ain't a centre back, hes a converted left back that's still too young to be doing that with. 

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Kipper would be a good backup to Goldson and the fridge. Not getting my hopes up of seeing Helander for the foreseeable future. We bought him knowing he had a dodgy injury history and took a chance because it was cheaper for the quality of player. We need cheap, experienced and ready to go with no injury worries as 3rd choice and then give Mayo a chance at 4th choice. No way should we be buying another 2 centre backs.

Kipre wouldn’t be behind Edmundson, he’s improved a lot since up here and there premiership interest in him now 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Kipre wouldn’t be behind Edmundson, he’s proved a lot since up here and there premiership interest in him now 

Still played for a team that just narrowly avoided relegation legitimately, despite what happened if you know what I mean. Good player now? Yes ofcourse but I think the fridges performances so far in the friendlies deserve a proper run in the team.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be offering 600k or something for Kipre. Always thought he was decent when he was up here. Think he’s definitely kicked on in the championship and became an even better player now. 

They are still in administration so will accept any meaningful offer for him. Go as cheap as the administrators will accept.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Still played for a team that just narrowly avoided relegation legitimately, despite what happened if you know what I mean. Good player now? Yes ofcourse but I think the fridges performances so far in the friendlies deserve a proper run in the team.

Not convinced with Edmundson tbh mate, gives the ball away far too cheaply for me 

Just now, esquire8 said:

They are still in administration so will accept any meaningful offer for him. Go as cheap as the administrators will accept.

100%. Think they paid about a mill for him so in terms of a quick deal and getting him in this week I’d make sure offer is accepted straight away. We can’t play either a third or half the season with Edmundson and Goldson

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not convinced with Edmundson tbh mate, gives the ball away far too cheaply for me 

That is the most notable thing about him for me. His distribution is shocking. Has the tools and does the basics well but more than the basics are required.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

100%. Think they paid about a mill for him so in terms of a quick deal and getting him in this week I’d make sure offer is accepted straight away. We can’t play either a third or half the season with Edmundson and Goldson

Not to mention there’s premiership clubs sniffing about so best to get in there quick, think Watford were linked and now they’re looking like going down they’ll probably make a move 

Archived