Central Midfield Positions - Game 1 & 2.

BridgeIsBlue

I get people think jack or Kamara should sit but once they receive the ball there’s absolutely no reason why they can’t be positive ,

here’s a clip of a title winning player that did the equivalent of what jack and Kamara is suppose to do , I have no doubt whatsoever if the ball broke to jack or Kamara like it breaks to Thomson it end up back at Goldson 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I get people think jack or Kamara should sit but once they receive the ball there’s absolutely no reason why they can’t be positive ,

here’s a clip of a title winning player that did the equivalent of what jack and Kamara is suppose to do , I have no doubt whatsoever if the ball broke to jack or Kamara like it breaks to Thomson it end up back at Goldson 

Agreed it’s how neutral or negative they are in their play that’s a big part of the problem imo.

If they sat deep but could drive forward and pass forward quickly to progress the play it wouldn’t be so bad.

1 minute ago, Born Sinner said:

Agreed it’s how neutral or negative they are in their play that’s a big part of the problem imo.

If they sat deep but could drive forward and pass forward quickly to progress the play it wouldn’t be so bad.

Definitely how I see it mate 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

here’s a clip of the last title winning player that did the equivalent of what jack and Kamara is suppose to do , I have no doubt whatsoever if the ball broke to jack or Kamara like it breaks to Thomson it end up back at Goldson 

FullSizeRender.mov

Agreed, but Kamara was attacking against St Mirren, it didn't come to much though.

You're right in what you're saying, a lot of people think the formation is just the formation and that's it. We play several formations during the game. Our resetting formation might be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but when we're on the attack our CB and CM will be told o do specific jobs and stay in specific areas to prevent us from being over-exposed.

I honestly don't know what the big problem is here, I could run from the goal mouth to goal mouth (passing when I get in each position), corner to corner side to side, and my average would be bang in the middle of the park :lol:

Just to be a complete cunt, it's possible to be absolutely everywhere on the park (passing as I go), never going near the centre circle, yet my average could show me as being bang in the middle of the centre circle :lol:

1 hour ago, Lothianbear said:

I always feel that Jack and Kamara playing in the same starting 11 leaves us looking like we’re a man short 

Exactly. Only 1 of Jack/Kamara/Davis should be playing. Especially at Ibrox.

Can maybe understand it against the tarriers or Europe.

My hope is that Hagi can play in the 3 with Aribo and one of the above.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

Agreed, but Kamara was attacking against St Mirren, it didn't come to much though.

You're right in what you're saying, a lot of people think the formation is just the formation and that's it. We play several formations during the game. Our resetting formation might be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but when we're on the attack our CB and CM will be told o do specific jobs and stay in specific areas to prevent us from being over-exposed.

I honestly don't know what the big problem is here, I could run from the goal mouth to goal mouth (passing when I get in each position), corner to corner side to side, and my average would be bang in the middle of the park :lol:

Just to be a complete cunt, it's possible to be absolutely everywhere on the park (passing as I go), never going near the centre circle, yet my average could show me as being bang in the middle of the centre circle :lol:

😂, I just think the two of them aren’t good enough mate probably that’s the bottom line , keep it 5 yards square most games coz it’s all they can do 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

😂, I just think the two of them aren’t good enough mate probably that’s the bottom line , keep it 5 yards square most games coz it’s all they can do 

I don't think many are going to disagree with you there

We've always had really good technically skilled players, but I think we've always been at our best when we've had sides that had a mixture of no-nonsense players and skilled players.

I don't think those two are working very well with what we're trying to do

There’s absolutely no point in changing a system that has thus far given us two wins and two clean sheets, for a system that only might make us play more attractive football. Who’s to say the change in system would even address the more apparent problem of not being able to finish key chances. 

Just because a system has thus far not yielded the expected results, does not mean it won’t. City’s style prevailed last year, Liverpool’s this. 

5 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't think many are going to disagree with you there

We've always had really good technically skilled players, but I think we've always been at our best when we've had sides that had a mixture of no-nonsense players and skilled players.

I don't think those two are working very well with what we're trying to do

Definitely,  tells it own story to Brahim Hemdani hardly kicked a domestic ball under Walter Smith , couldn’t get about the pitch , played it 5 yards , not physical enough , no use in the spl , we’ve two that are first names on the team sheet 

12 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Exactly. Only 1 of Jack/Kamara/Davis should be playing. Especially at Ibrox.

Can maybe understand it against the tarriers or Europe.

My hope is that Hagi can play in the 3 with Aribo and one of the above.

Hagi would be a disaster playing centre mid IMO. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t either. Our full backs are incredibly attacking (their average position shows that) and that obviously means that Kamara and Jack are being asked to be more disciplined and play in tandem to keep us solid and stop us being open to counter attacks.

The problem is they don’t really do a great job protecting the defence.

When Tav or Barisic gets forward. One of them doesn’t drop deep enough to protect the centre backs. We lose quite a few goals when someone misplaced an attack, the opposition counter attacks and there is a large gap in front of the CB. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Hagi would be a disaster playing centre mid IMO. 

Easily play 

Aribo Jack/Kamara

Roofe Hagi Kent    

Morelos/Itten

2 holding midfielders is pointless at Ibrox. Especially now we’ve got Balogun who is comfortable on the ball and can step in to the midfield 

32 minutes ago, M0NTANA said:

Just because a system has thus far not yielded the expected results, does not mean it won’t. City’s style prevailed last year, Liverpool’s this. 

City won the league playing their way, Liverpool have last season. 

We've won nothing yet 3rd times the charm eh? 

The style can work it just needs tweaking. Jack or Kamara. One needs to sit slightly deeper. It’s useless having them both parallel and 5 yards outside the box if we lose possession with Tav and Barisic up the park.

And equally if we play both. Then they both need to be more adventurous in making late runs into the box as they know the other can sit and cover.

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

City won the league playing their way, Liverpool have last season. 

We've won nothing yet 3rd times the charm eh? 

Took Pep 2 attempts and Klopp 4. We shot ourselves in the foot by having no sense of direction for 7 years. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Much did both of them spend on their midfield compared to our £50k?

Pointless argument tbh. Barcelona spent less on Xavi, Iniesta & Messi. 

I understand the concerns, but it’s easy to pick flaws ins something without offering solutions. Playing a midfielder further forward wouldn’t have won us any more points, but it could have lost them. So why bother?

City and Liverpool also don’t play away from home on tiny plastic pitches where the opposition park the bus and can kick lumps out of you.

i think celtic showed after Xmas. Playing two upfront can be really effective away from home. 

One Cb marking Morelos vs 2 makes a huge difference

Archived