Central Midfield Positions - Game 1 & 2.

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’m hoping once Roofe is hit we’ll go 4-2-3-1 with Jack and Aribo as our midfield 2, ideally we’d get an upgrade on Jack in  though, not convinced Gerrard will drop Jack though tbh 

Aribo will be shite in the deeper role, he's better playing 1-2's trying to get into the box etc

Hagi would be better deeper, he can pick a pass better

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If he was to stand in middle of park doing fuck all his average would also be the middle of the park.

Exactly, like I said I don't know what we can gather from this analysis

Is it no easier just to watch what they do? :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aribo will be shite in the deeper role, he's better playing 1-2's trying to get into the box etc

Hagi would be better deeper, he can pick a pass better

I dunno I think Aribo would be decent in that role, he’s good at winning the ball back and is more powerful than Hagi, I’d like to see him driving forward with the ball 

8 minutes ago, Swally said:

Exactly, like I said I don't know what we can gather from this analysis

Is it no easier just to watch what they do? :lol:

You'd think so. Doesn't tell you if they are running forwards, back or having a fag break, pretty meaningless imo.

I very much doubt our management team use these "stats". 

14 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I dunno I think Aribo would be decent in that role, he’s good at winning the ball back and is more powerful than Hagi, I’d like to see him driving forward with the ball 

Its picking the pass for me, when you see Jack and kamara they dont have much space to drive into, i think we need someone like mendes used to be for us that can pass the ball through tight defences 

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If he was to stand in middle of park doing fuck all his average would also be the middle of the park.

If they were 2 pizza delivery boys - on average, during the course of 90 minutes they'd be in the exact same spot.

23 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’m hoping once Roofe is fit we’ll go 4-2-3-1 with Jack and Aribo as our midfield 2, ideally we’d get an upgrade on Jack in  though, not convinced Gerrard will drop Jack though tbh 

I'd like to see this setup tried at home. I still believe we don't need 2 holding mids at home with most oppositions just camping behind the ball.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its picking the pass for me, when you see Jack and kamara they dont have much space to drive into, i think we need someone like mendes used to be for us that can pass the ball through tight defences 

Ideally we get a midfielder that can do the lot like a Barry Ferguson but maybe hoping for a bit much on our budget 😂 

44 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Said I didn’t see it as a problem in the first two games but today it most definitely was. There were so many times where there was 10-15 yards of space that they could have driven into and yet they didn’t do it. So frustrating.

Absolutely criminal that it ends up being Goldson driving into that space because Jack just will not do it when he gives him the ball 

Wish Helander would do the same rather than all those fucking hand actions he does as soon as there isn’t an easy pass on 

I’m just at a total different view than most people on this. Defence isn’t our problem in fact it’s an asset considering we have 2 of them playing more as attacking wingers that’s no mean feat. We have four creative players who’s job it is to create space and find ways to get goal scoring opportunities with two defenders also an option for them and usually either Jack or Kamara also forward that’s seven players attacking. We need more from our creative players, Jack and Kamara are doing their job in winning the ball high up the field  and maintaining possession football. Jack plays the ball to the creative players only for them to play it back, none of them make any attempt at running into space, Arfield did it once and Jack almost got the ball to him. We need better from players like Hagi,Kent and Morelos and this system will turn possession into goals, they are failing us. 

Archived