League Potentially Paused ?

Tosh8

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A handful of clubs have gone back without any communication and hoped nobody would notice (and I don't just mean wee clubs either).

My old club play in the Caledonian League and had permission to train from their league, so long as social distance training protocols were in place.   They were told to stop yesterday.   The club is very very Twitter and Facebook active and frequently show training sessions on these platforms, no hiding and no  hoping nobody would notice. 

There may be others who did it blindly or without "permissions".

They've been very careful in following advice and getting permissions for anything they've done, which is why they've now stopped.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, coopsleftboot said:

My old club play in the Caledonian League and had permission to train from their league, so long as social distance training protocols were in place.   They were told to stop yesterday.   The club is very very Twitter and Facebook active and frequently show training sessions on these platforms, no hiding and no  hoping nobody would notice. 

There may be others who did it blindly or without "permissions".

They've been very careful in following advice and getting permissions for anything they've done, which is why they've now stopped.

Looking at the league's website and twitter, there's nothing on it giving clubs permissions or even referring to clubs being allowed to return yet. Infact, it repeatedly has the JRG updates forbidding a return until late august. 

Certainly sounds like someone has seriously jumped the gun.

2 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Hmmmm.... didn’t that Papaguy or whatever his name was want to be a journalist?!

He disappeared when we dropped leagues I think. 

I have you rumbled The Dude. 

Whit? Is this me being outed again? FFS.

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Amateur and youth teams can train. 

Pubs are open. Schools are open. Government aren’t banning it. But some cobbled together working group who couldn’t work out their arse from their elbow have stopped them from training.

Hull are up in Edinburgh training. Hibs are training. Why shouldn’t Hearts? They’re a professional football team. 

They canny.

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where is the incompetence or bias? Is it biased against just Hearts or the over 200 clubs who also can't train now?

The authotities wanted to play the now postponed games and it took the government to intervene. One of those clubs is from a covid hotbed but it was to have been OK to have folk travelling to / from a city curtailing free movement to let football go ahead.

A club previously authorised to train, can no longer do so despite having no covid breaches. But must watch on as 2 clubs involved in covud breaches are permitted to train (but now not play).

The logic behind not permitting non Premier league clubs to train is to allow the authorities to reassure and demonstrate to government that action taken will deter further breaches. Hearts appear to have to stop doing what they're doing, to show they know how to do what they've been doing.

The spfl says re Hearts its a joint agreement with Government, who say its an spfl arrangement they knew nothing about.

Hearts can also watch on as Hull train in private settings. So despite spfl / government having no control over Hull's covid testing, it seems its OK for dozens of guys to train together in this circumstance.  Govt denied more than 10 people at funerals, in private settings, but in this private setting allow non Scot organisations to do what their equivalent here can't.

Its a complete clusterfuck and neither football authorities nor government are shining.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

You would love being paid though .Wouldn’t you .Even better if you were linked with H&H😉

To post on here? Aye I wouldn't mind at all. I'm sure you wouldn't complain at it either. 

Absolutely no interest or desire to be linked with H&H. Nothing against them (or Edgar) but I'm more than happy with my independence to write freely on the club. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The authotities wanted to play the now postponed games and it took the government to intervene. One of those clubs is from a covid hotbed but it was to have been OK to have folk travelling to / from a city curtailing free movement to let football go ahead.

A club previously authorised to train, can no longer do so despite having no covid breaches. But must watch on as 2 clubs involved in covud breaches are permitted to train (but now not play).

The logic behind not permitting non Premier league clubs to train is to allow the authorities to reassure and demonstrate to government that action taken will deter further breaches. Hearts appear to have to stop doing what they're doing, to show they know how to do what they've been doing.

The spfl says re Hearts its a joint agreement with Government, who say its an spfl arrangement they knew nothing about.

Hearts can also watch on as Hull train in private settings. So despite spfl / government having no control over Hull's covid testing, it seems its OK for dozens of guys to train together in this circumstance.  Govt denied more than 10 people at funerals, in private settings, but in this private setting allow non Scot organisations to do what their equivalent here can't.

Its a complete clusterfuck and neither football authorities nor government are shining.

The SFA/SPFL testing is as relevant to Hull City as the EFLs is to Hearts. 

People can still come and go from Aberdeen to go to work despite it being a covid hotbed. 

Hull still have to comply with UK and Scot Gov guidelines. There's nothing which suggests they haven't by training at Oriam. Had several English clubs had breaches, you may well have seen that similar happened. 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Looking at the league's website and twitter, there's nothing on it giving clubs permissions or even referring to clubs being allowed to return yet. Infact, it repeatedly has the JRG updates forbidding a return until late august. 

Certainly sounds like someone has seriously jumped the gun.

Not looked at the website, although knowing the guys that run the club (and team) they wouldn't just have done it off their own back without some sort of approval (perhaps emails, verbal comms or such like), and they most certainly wouldn't have been so public either!  Either way, they're doing the right thing by stopping.

Not looked at the website, although knowing the guys that run the club (and team) they wouldn't just have done it off their own back without some sort of approval (perhaps emails, verbal comms or such like), and they most certainly wouldn't have been so public either!  Either way, they're doing the right thing by stopping.

Do you know if it was full squad training or small groups within the allowed numbers of households able to meet outside? Because I can't find anything giving SFA affiliated clubs approval to resume full squad training - and everything I've seen has contact training banned until August 24th.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you know if it was full squad training or small groups within the allowed numbers of households able to meet outside? Because I can't find anything giving SFA affiliated clubs approval to resume full squad training - and everything I've seen has contact training banned until August 24th.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/grassroots-football-update-6-august-covid-19/?rid=13929

Thursday 6 August 2020

The Scottish FA Grassroots sub group welcome the most recent announcement of the planned move through the route map process and the commitment of Scottish Government to restart sport at all levels.

Whilst indicative dates have been issued at this stage, we will be working closely with the Scottish Government, sportscotland and wider partners to progress plans for the return of football in a safe manner. This will include the preparation and approval of appropriate protocols and guidance to allow the return of contact sports.

Further to the Scottish FA statement issued on 29 July, it remains clear that a phased return will require to be staged over a period of weeks, in line with the Scottish Government three-weekly review cycle.

At present the Scottish FA suspension of training and match play activity remains in place for all clubs with players aged 18 and over, unless given express permission by the Scottish FA Board.

For clarity, all teams involving players 18 years and over can only engage in non-contact, socially distanced training in line with Scottish Government guidance and this must be adhered to by all clubs.

It is important to note that the indicative date of 24 August for a return to contact training does not allow any full match play activity to take place at that stage. 

There you go, bit in bold.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The SFA/SPFL testing is as relevant to Hull City as the EFLs is to Hearts. 

People can still come and go from Aberdeen to go to work despite it being a covid hotbed. 

Hull still have to comply with UK and Scot Gov guidelines. There's nothing which suggests they haven't by training at Oriam. Had several English clubs had breaches, you may well have seen that similar happened. 

Completely missing / avoiding the point as per. 

There you go, bit in bold.

So they can do running and minimal ball work.

There's also the line directly above that one:

"At present the Scottish FA suspension of training and match play activity remains in place for all clubs with players aged 18 and over, unless given express permission by the Scottish FA Board."

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Highlighted some of the key points you missed @The Dude

How you can say you see no incompetence / bias in this situation is beyond me. 

Suspect you don’t really, and just love arguing as you think it benefits your profile.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So they can do running and minimal ball work.

There's also the line directly above that one:

"At present the Scottish FA suspension of training and match play activity remains in place for all clubs with players aged 18 and over, unless given express permission by the Scottish FA Board."

That's how I read it , and that's what I've seen on the clubs videos.

That bit in quotations reads to me (when taken into context of the rest of the statement) is referring to contact training, match-play training and friendlies.  Only "non-contact, socially distanced training in line with Scottish Government guidance" as specified in that statement was allowed from that point.  Obviously, stopped as of yesterday.

We (as Under 16's) started training last Saturday and are allowed contact training.  But when off the park, we have set up individual social distancing space for each girl which they must go to for drinks, chat's etc.  Coaches must social distance at all times, and first-aid can only be administered from parents, who must remain close by.  And we have a cleaning station set up too!  We've been given the nod to continue for now.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Highlighted some of the key points you missed @The Dude

How you can say you see no incompetence / bias in this situation is beyond me. 

Suspect you don’t really, and just love arguing as you think it benefits your profile.

I've addressed several of those already. The first one at quite extensive length over the last few days but will go back through them for your benefit.

Fixtures were ultimately postponed by the SPFL and SFA after a request from the Gov. Despite Sturgeon saying on TV that you 'can expect not to see celtic & Aberdeen playing' it was still a few hours before the clubs were contacted and had the fixture pulled by the league. Had the government made the decision to withdraw individual club's approval to play, it would also have stopped them from training. At present celtic and Aberdeen can still train and celtic are allowed to play their CL fixture.

Clubs who haven't had covid breaches absolutely have had to stop training. Just like clubs who had no covid breaches have had to postpone games because others have. You seem to want it both ways. Games should be postponed when a club has committed no breach but clubs having training approval withdrawn is some evidence of an anti-hearts(?) bias within the SPFL/SFA.

Hearts say one thing, JRG says another. Shocked at the idea Hearts might be playing the victim here. Wouldn't be like them at all.

Hull City have approval from the EFL and FA to train. Hearts do not have approval from the SFA and SPFL to train. There are no restriction which forbid Hull City from travelling to Scotland to hire a facility from Heriot Watt Uni (just like Hearts usually do). As a club who aren't members of the SFA or SPFL, they have absolutely no jurisdiction over Hull City coming here to train. The only people in Scotland who have that authority would be the Scottish Government. They appear happy for Hull to do so as long as they comply with the EFL/FA guidelines and the Scot Govs own guidelines.

Yep. It's a clusterfuck. Been saying it for months. Hardly something I've avoided/missed.

EDIT: Benefit my profile? Posting on here? How'd you figure that one out? I'd genuinely love to hear your reasoning. Every article I write for work is immediately sent to some 30,000 subscribers via push notifications and our podcast averages 15k downloads per episode so if I was out to 'improve my profile' I'd not be using RM to do so.

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Do us a favour mate. Fire over to the Tims websites for a week or two. Then come back and give us your findings. We’d be all ears after that. Seriously. 

He can just use his unbiased podcast that is Timmy friendly.

Archived