League Potentially Paused ?

Tosh8

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They just need to be able to prove it. If they do, there's going to be an absolute shitstorm.

That’s sort of my point though, they are not there to prove it. SPFL will be looking for a damage limitation exercise and if when they are giving out their token punishment they aren’t aware of what went on that’ll suit them just fine.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf, if they created rules to punish us for something retrospectively, I'm sure we'd all just sit back and accept it.

EDIT: Should add, I think they should have used existing disrepute/failing to act in best interests... rules under the SFA than create new ones after the fact.

I get that, but what I was really getting at is that in order to get an intense punishment like that to stick, you've got to overcome an appeal after all the usual suspects being out in force bleating. 

They done it with us I'm sure with the illegal transfer embargo yet we had SPL chairmen calling us all sorts for contesting it.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s sort of my point though, they are not there to prove it. SPFL will be looking for a damage limitation exercise and if when they are giving out their token punishment they aren’t aware of what went on that’ll suit them just fine.

Given the pressure they are facing from Holyrood, they are. If it looks like a clown show, the plug gets pulled.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I get that, but what I was really getting at is that in order to get an intense punishment like that to stick, you've got to overcome an appeal after all the usual suspects being out in force bleating. 

They done it with us I'm sure with the illegal transfer embargo yet we had SPL chairmen calling us all sorts for contesting it.

And remember how we just accepted the unlawful embargo and definitely didn't take it to court.

Tbh, folk give far too much credit to how much stroke they think journos and pundits in this country have. When it comes down to some folk in papers moaning or the Scottish government shutting the game down, there's only one that they will try to appease - and it's not the hacks.

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If there is evidence they have lied it should 100% be a points deduction and forfeit of each game missed, including a 3-0 loss to Kilmarnock.

Nothing else will be justifiable.

We seen how they corrupted and handled the gifting of the league title, no way will they compromise their team with a points deduction. Any other team and it wouldn’t even be questioned, in fact they would of considered themselves fortunate to get off with just a points deduction. 

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Sick of all this deflection nonsense.

It's a simple matter. Player was not allowed to return to work 14 days.

Did scum know is the only question. I find it almost impossible to believe that they did not.

If - as reported - he went Monday and returned Tuesday, it's not that implausible at all that they wouldn't have known. If he went any longer, it starts to become very, very unlikely they never knew.

And remember how we just accepted the unlawful embargo and definitely didn't take it to court.

Tbh, folk give far too much credit to how much stroke they think journos and pundits in this country have. When it comes down to some folk in papers moaning or the Scottish government shutting the game down, there's only one that they will try to appease - and it's not the hacks.

I thought we did take it to court and it got referred back to the Governing body to come up with a new punishment? was some sort of compromise not reached in the end through it though so our new signings could play as trialists for a set period .....so much shite happened around them years tho tbh I could be mistaken. 

I disagree (slightly) on the influence the media has. They are the folk that can create news, carry it and create bandwagons/hyper/hysteria. I see it happen a lot. Some of it will stick and influence.

Look at the SNP/SQA exam results process and the U=Turn for a recent example. Without the papers carrying the negative headlines and giving the kids a voice, nothing would have happened.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We seen how they corrupted and handled the gifting of the league title, no way will they compromise their team with a points deduction. Any other team and it wouldn’t even be questioned, in fact they would of considered themselves fortunate to get off with just a points deduction. 

The one Rangers agreed to and three QCs (including Hearts' own hand-picked one) laughed out? Cmon man.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Sick of all this deflection nonsense.

It's a simple matter. Player was not allowed to return to work 14 days.

Did scum know is the only question. I find it almost impossible to believe that they did not.

The clubs are responsible.

The clubs warned all players.

If the clubs aren’t responsible then why did they warn them in the first place? 

Fuck the clubs are responsible for fan behaviour inside the grounds.

Bolongoli shouldn’t have played at Killie on Sunday and the club should take the responsibility for that and they can punish the player after. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No they wont. That's an utterly laughable suggestion mate. Seriously. If the plug gets pulled, the game in this country is dead.

Again I hope your right but you have far more faith in SPFL/SFA than I do. I can see where your Hollyrood argument comes in, we wouldn’t even be at the threatening stage of sanctions if someone wasn’t forcing them to do so.

Just now, British_Empire said:

I thought we did take it to court and it got referred back to the Governing body to come up with a new punishment? so much shite happened around them years tho tbh I could be mistaken. 

I disagree (slightly) on the influence the media has. They are the folk that can create news, carry it and create bandwagons/hyper/hysteria. I see it happen a lot. Some of it will stick and influence.

Look at the SNP/SQA exam results process and the U=Turn for a recent example. Without the papers carrying the negative headlines and giving the kids a voice, nothing would have happened.

Took it to court, was deemed unlawful chuckles bent over and accepted it.

The SNP/SQA thing was much less about the media and the very real threat of a complete collapse of the scottish education system under the weight of appeals and potential legal challenges from pupils and schools. The media amplified their voice to a degree but thats nothing that doesn't already happen on social media etc now anyway. You put a tweet out right and it can get more attention in an hour than it would on the front page of most papers in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Bolongoli shouldn’t have played at Killie on Sunday and the club should take the responsibility for that and they can punish the player after. 

Cannot disagree with any of that.

Not in Scotland they arent.

No way 😂 that looks like it’s a good while ago. 👍

It also looks like a foreign bar too.

Thatched houses outside, the smaller half glasses of lager, the decor etc.

**this is where someone posts a picture up of the same pub and it's in East Kilbride or Largs or something :lol: 

**this is where someone posts a picture up of the same pub and it's in East Kilbride or Largs or something :lol: 

I’m calling bullshit on it right now, bheasty deflector shields at maximum power 😂👍

The thing on the wall behind them says "since 1971". I'm sure that is Ubiquitous Chip in Ashton Lane.

No way this can be proved as recent. Desperate taigs are onto crumbs.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Highlighted some of the key points you missed @The Dude

How you can say you see no incompetence / bias in this situation is beyond me. 

Suspect you don’t really, and just love arguing as you think it benefits your profile.

To annoy you.

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The thing on the wall behind them says "since 1971". I'm sure that is Ubiquitous Chip in Ashton Lane.

How fucking sad is it that people are crawling through old photos of people they don’t know to try and get them done for breaching Covid protocols

As if the situation wasn’t tragic enough ffs

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Christie and nae neck were out together last Monday down at La Vita in Byres Road, I wonder if that’s allowed ?

Archived