Heart and Hand

Born Sinner

Massive opportunity for Edgar with the exclusive fan media thing and have to say he deserves it.

But the pod isn’t as enjoyable anymore imo, the shows aren’t the same without him always there as host and the flagship doesn’t seem as thorough or interesting as it used to be.

The new stuff from Ibrox and questions to the gaffer are good but the substance has gone a bit.

Thoughts?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Massive opportunity for Edgar with the exclusive fan media thing and have to say he deserves it.

But the pod isn’t as enjoyable anymore imo, the shows aren’t the same without him always there as host and the flagship doesn’t seem as thorough or interesting as it used to be.

The new stuff from Ibrox and questions to the gaffer are good but the substance has gone a bit.

Thoughts?

He’s a much better host than the others on there. 

He does most of the daily updates for subscribers, but they’re getting to the stage now where they probably don’t need to spend as much time on the free shows. 

I think they’ve got nearly 10,000 subscribers now, which is a serious amount of money coming in even if the majority are paying £1.99pcm. 

5 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Thoughts?

Well said David. 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He will no doubts fall into line, with what the club want put out there sooner than later .

Hopefully not, he did reiterate that he would definitely remain objective however I suppose when you become akin to the lifestyle, perks and access this role provides you with it may make it harder to turn your back on it over a matter of pr principle. Pretty sure the other lads from HiH will keep him grounded though🤞...

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I've not heard it in ages but would not be surprised one iota if it's now shite and in-line with RFC/club approved output. It's the way these things go, which is a shame.

Seen it going that way when they started bringing the women on to talk, and its not sexism, there just shit at podding. Much prefer the original cast as they are better speakers and just better presenters. Also the blm stuff from a few weeks ago when this new guy started getting his shot to tell me again about how bad racism is, as obv had not heard it enough through the tele and msm news. Have been on the £3.99 tier for a good amount of time now and its money well spent. Maybe drop it soon though as like i said, politics seem to creep in and starting to tick all the boxes on diversity. Btw i dont normally have an issue with that but it just seems like all this blm stuff starts and they went and found a supporter to tick that box as well. 

Just now, Rambo1872 said:

Seen it going that way when they started bringing the women on to talk, and its not sexism, there just shit at podding. Much prefer the original cast as they are better speakers and just better presenters. Also the blm stuff from a few weeks ago when this new guy started getting his shot to tell me again about how bad racism is, as obv had not heard it enough through the tele and msm news. Have been on the £3.99 tier for a good amount of time now and its money well spent. Maybe drop it soon though as like i said, politics seem to creep in and starting to tick all the boxes on diversity. Btw i dont normally have an issue with that but it just seems like all this blm stuff starts and they went and found a supporter to tick that box as well. 

I'd have cancelled the £3.99 and told them why the minute they started peddling the BLM shite. 

14 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

That’s a bit harsh tbh. The original podders are & in the most part continue to be great. It’s some of the newer podders that are fucking woeful & you couldn’t pay me to listen to them. 

Also, Tess is the mixed race podder they have and he’s a top bloke, could listen to him talk about Rangers all day & has been on quite a few shows prior to the BLM stuff he spoke about, which FWIW was one of the most insightful things I’ve ever listened to

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That’s a bit harsh tbh. The original podders are & in the most part continue to be great. It’s some of the newer podders that are fucking woeful & you couldn’t pay me to listen to them. 

Also, Tess is the mixed race podder they have and he’s a top bloke, could listen to him talk about Rangers all day & has been on quite a few shows prior to the BLM stuff he spoke about, which FWIW was one of the most insightful things I’ve ever listened to

Just my opinion mate, and i did say the newer podders , so we agree on that. I didnt find his story insightful at all. It was rather the same as many other folks stories about discrimination. The comments on the pod were giving me the boak, so much white fragility. Most were just public look how empathetic i am posts and arse tonguing. I guess that is the problem with mixing race politics with football,it rubs some people up the wrong way when they just want an escape from the daily stream of repetitive narratives of msm.

9 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Thoughts?

They aren't exclusive fan media.

1 hour ago, Rambo1872 said:

I have not listened to it for very long, who are the originals? apart from DE, i love the little half hour daily updates.

Thursdays episode was a boar, not for the 1st time lately, it definitely is missing something when DE isn't presenting it, the other guys while doing their best seem to be more technical and measured in their approach whereas Edgar is more like a punter you could sit beside at a game and have some banter with, the others will have to up their game for the podcast to remain as popular as it is if Edgar is going to be missing from time to time.

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Thursdays episode was a boar, not for the 1st time lately, it definitely is missing something when DE isn't presenting it, the other guys while doing their best seem to be more technical and measured in their approach whereas Edgar is more like a punter you could sit beside at a game and have some banter with, the others will have to up their game for the podcast to remain as popular as it is if Edgar is going to be missing from time to time.

James, hoggy, cammy, and david marshall. From top of my head. Thats who were mainly on daily updates and the ones i listened to. I thought the Murray and me series was great. David Edgar sure can tell a good story 😂

1 minute ago, Rambo1872 said:

James, hoggy, cammy, and david marshall. From top of my head. Thats who were mainly on daily updates and the ones i listened to. I thought the Murray and me series was great. David Edgar sure can tell a good story 😂

The guys you have mentioned are all good bluenoses, just a pity they've not very good frontmen IMO.

I always thing Hoggy sounds like a minister or a preacher! It’s definitely not the same without David and if I see he’s not the presenter I don’t even bother listening because I know I won’t enjoy it.

I really like Andy McGowan right enough 

I think most of it is actually decent, the Advocaat into Eck into PLG into Walter series is really good to marathon. There has been an obvious change in the content due to the fan media. I wonder if its also why Stevie from 4lads actually left that side of it

Archived