“We’ve seen this film before.”

CR3

22 hours ago, CR3 said:

I’d go out of Europe early against Galatasaray to fully focus on only winning this league, dosmetic cups secondary.

Today shows that even after playing a part-time team on Thursday we can’t do the business and need all the help we can get on a Sunday in the league.

To be involved in the group stages was great for the club and I’m well aware the statement of wanting to be eliminated from European competition lacks class and ambition from me however not winning anything again due to the detriment of Europe and tiredness half-way through is not acceptable and the warning signs are already showing.

Certain things go against us also like  semi-professional refereeing and unforseeable injuries but we can do without these excursions and extra games this year, in my opinion as it’s absolutely imperative those cunts don’t win another. 

Agree?

If we fail to make Europe then at least one (Morelos/Kent/Barisic) will be sold with nobody coming in. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If we fail to make Europe then at least one (Morelos/Kent/Barisic) will be sold with nobody coming in. 

if a club make an offer for one that met the club's valuation they could be sold today tbh

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

"right lads lets throw this game"

I mean, can you even imagine what a squad would think of a manager or what it would do that manager. 

This has always been such a daft suggestion. 

What about all the EPL teams that get put out of their domestic cups early, because their managers are prioritising?

I’m sure the words ‘throwing it’ aren’t used out loud, but the team selections give the game away.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

What about all the EPL teams that get put out of their domestic cups early, because their managers are prioritising?

I’m sure the words ‘throwing it’ aren’t used out loud, but the team selections give the game away.

I am neither here nor arsed about EPL teams personally, they are worlds apart from us on a number of levels. That they play EPL alone makes them redundant when speaking about them in the context of us. 

Europe is a massive for us, it helps us generate money, attract players, is a platform our players play on that adds to their value for when we eventually sell them. It is a platform for our players to improve and get better to bring back to domestic games. 

The idea of throwing Europe is just a no go nor is it really needed. 

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I am neither here nor arsed about EPL teams personally, they are worlds apart from us on a number of levels. That they play EPL alone makes them redundant when speaking about them in the context of us. 

Europe is a massive for us, it helps us generate money, attract players, is a platform our players play on that adds to their value for when we eventually sell them. It is a platform for our players to improve and get better to bring back to domestic games. 

You said ‘imagine what a squad would think’

Well, I’ve just given you what will amount to numerous examples.

You pick and chose which suits your argument though.

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

You said ‘imagine what a squad would think’

Well, I’ve just given you what will amount to numerous examples.

You pick and chose which suits your argument though.

Well aye, because it would clearly be different based on who is involved ... I was talking about Rangers funnily enough....you have since asked about an EPL side. 

If a player plays for an EPL side who have made the Europa at this stage it is now the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U who go on to win it or try to because they have the depth of squad to do that or need the CL place. 

Or on occasion a Burnley who can sell the EPL to their players, they drop Europe at the sacrifice of 10s of millions of pounds,  money we can't make in Scotland 

Europe is our carrot when it comes to attracting players, that is where they perform to get their move, the vast majority of players will be sold that during contract negotiations and then 2 weeks later a manager is to turn around and say "aye about that..." 

On 20/09/2020 at 15:51, GersInCanada said:

Having had a few drinks to calm me down I want to put things in perspective.

Their first goal was an error by our keeper. No way he should let that through his legs. Their second was offside. We dominated the match but at 1-2 failed to put the game to bed - too many squandered chances.

Europe is important to our finances and beyond doubt Gerrard has improved us.

scum have a game in hand but we sit top of the league and undefeated domestically this season.

I get the anger from posters as I had it before I calmed down.

Barisic should have took another step and their wingers baws should been up round his neck 

When Bill Struth said, “we welcome the chase” he didn’t mean we welcome the chase, sometimes, when it suits and not if it stretches us.

The attitude of wanting to fail is not the attitude this team is founded on and, if argue, that sort of attitude would lead to the loss of what makes us great. We haven’t had success in a while but we will get it with the right attitude of overcoming whatever is put in front of us.

On 20/09/2020 at 15:31, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Imagine throwing away a European campaign for a league on we were never going to win. We are losers. This squad isn't good enough. We are mentally weak with a manager who doesn't know what he is doing. No chance. I'd rather throw away the Gerrard experiment and go for all 4 trophies under a real football manager. 

Who do you have in mind to rid us of losers, bring in some better players and improve our mental toughness? 

51 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Who do you have in mind to rid us of losers, bring in some better players and improve our mental toughness? 

Every successful club starts at the very top so I'd suggest a board with the means, hunger, drive, ambition and brains to make it happen. Frankly the managerial appointments by King, Park, Robertson and the rest of the bluenose boardmen have been complete disasters. Even the Mark Allen embarrassment was a sham. A complete fraud. Dreadful executive decisions made at the very top. 

We will never win a thing under this board. 

Before we even talk about managers and coaching teams...

On 20/09/2020 at 15:22, TMB said:

Yes.  We've been great in Europe these last two seasons.  It's given the club a lot of money to reinvest in the playing squad.  We've improved dramatically domestically as well.  Before Gerrard came in we couldn't win an Old Firm game, reach a cup final, or even finish second in the league.  We've improved considerably under Gerrard.

V Hivs under Warburton , where we won the semi final against the scum 

Considerbaly isn't good enough for me . We should be in a position to win things . Domestically anyway 

On 21/09/2020 at 14:56, Dennis Reynolds said:

Thats my favourite part :stevieg:

Archived