Win Rate In Europe Under Gerrard

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

52.77% according to Flashscores. 

I'd assume that's just for the EL and not taking the qualifiers into account?

Impressive all the same considering the level of opponents we've played so far. 

It feels lower than I thought it was if I’m honest 😂

That must include Qualifiers as our non qualifier record is as follows:

• 18-19: Won 1/6 (Win rate = 16.67%)
  • 19-20: Won 4/10 (Win rate = 40%)
  • 20-21: Won 1/1 (Win rate = 100%)

17 non qualifier games and we've won 6 so our record is only slightly over 33% :tu:

13 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

It feels lower than I thought it was if I’m honest 😂

8 minutes ago, Returnable said:

That must include Qualifiers as our non qualifier record is as follows:

• 18-19: Won 1/6 (Win rate = 16.67%)
  • 19-20: Won 4/10 (Win rate = 40%)
  • 20-21: Won 1/1 (Win rate = 100%)

17 non qualifier games and we've won 6 so our record is only slightly over 33% :tu:

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Has to be qualifiers as well, only won 6 of 17 after qualifiers 

Be interesting to see it compared to previous managers. 

Aye, but our loss rate is only about 15%, that win/draw rate is even more impressive.

Especially from where Gerrard dragged us back from.

I see that Liverpool have just scraped a 1-0 Midtylland win (last seconds of game now)...

Totally agree we should be getting a lot more credit and airtime for our European success, but..

We keep quietly building, and building.

Never felt so confident for a long time, given we have such squad depth... so important as we go deeper into Europeam games and into 2021...

Sometimes in Europe your loss or unbeaten ratio can be just as important as your win ratio especially if you're not in the big 5 or 6 leagues.

We've only lost 5 in 22 (23%) European matches after the 3rd qualifying round (play off onwards). Spartak Moscow who qualified from the 6th best nation based on the coefficients, Rapid Vienna who won late because we had to chase the game, Young Boys in a game we shouldn't have lost but were a strong Swiss champion (12th in coefficient) and ended up winning the league again and finally Bayer Leverkusen who are just a really good team from one of strongest leagues.

Despite Spartak and Young Boys being strong teams at that level we still shouldn't have lost those games. It's just pretty good that in Europe we will win or draw just over three quarter of matches is very impressive.

21 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Does Le Guen not have one of the highest ratio of games / Euro wins for a Rangers manager 🤔

That’s true, though to be fair it isn’t as impressive when you consider he only managed us in six European games :lol:

Four wins, two draws.

22 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Surely it was more games than that? 🤔

Don’t think so, looking at our Wiki page for the 2006–07 season we played a two-legged UEFA Cup qualifier against Molde then four group stage games against Livorno, Maccabi Haifa, Auxerre and Partizan which takes us up to mid-December, after which we didn’t play again in Europe until February, by which point he was well away.

Archived