Strengthen in January

born a blue nose

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’d rather Lundstrum on a free to replace Davis, we do need more Scottish players for European squads tho tbf, just think the sheep will be asking too much for Ferguson 

We’re definitely keen on Lundstrum but whether we can compete with other offers I’m not sure. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Who was the right winger from QPR we were linked with? possibly look at a cut price deal or a pre contract in January as a Jones replacement 

Samuel?

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

People who don’t rate Ferguson just need to take a look at jack and christie btw. Maybe it’s because of his connections to us there is a weird kickback? But I’d go as far as saying he has bigger potential than the aforementioned 

I rate Ferguson a lot more than I did Jack when he was still there.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Campbell and Ferguson. Get the fuck out of here. 

SPFL dross. Think we’d have learned after Docherty, Jones, Barker, Hastie, Stewart. 

First 11 quality players, or don’t waste your money. 

Ferguson is better than them all. Campbell is garbage

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Samuel?

Aye that’s him Bright Samuel or something like that, wonder if we’ll make a move in January, we could do with another wide player with Jones surely finished now. 

Osayi-Samuel Is a good shout.  Didn’t know his contract ran out next summer.  Getting him on a pre-contract would be great business.  

We also tried to loan Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield.  His contract runs out next summer so Rangers would be able to get him on a January pre-contract too.

When you think about it, there’s a lot of players out there we could get for free rather than spending millions.  

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Samuel?

What worries me about Ferguson is the amount of yellow cards he picks up,  IF he came to us ? His booking tally would rocket 

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Osayi-Samuel Is a good shout.  Didn’t know his contract ran out next summer.  Getting him on a pre-contract would be great business.  

We also tried to loan Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield.  His contract runs out next summer so Rangers would be able to get him on a January pre-contract too.

When you think about it, there’s a lot of players out there we could get for free rather than spending millions.  

Think they’ll be a lot of good bosmans available this year with lots of clubs having issues with covid, be a few bargains to be had, don’t think our squad needs a great deal tbh anyway, if we could keep out best players and add Lundstrum and Samuel and maybe cover at right back I’d be happy enough tbh , for once it’s the taigs that are going to have a full rebuild job on this summer out squad only needs a few additions. 

4 hours ago, rangersross said:

There’s going to be a lot of clubs sniffing about our squad on the strength of our European performances. I’ll just be relieved if we can hold onto our best players. 

No one will be leaving in January 

Get rid of some of the fringe players and bring a quality Winger who can hit the byline and set up goals, there is a wee guy at West Brom, Kyle Edwards, don't want the squad bloated. so be happy with a few out and one good quality player weather it's a loan or whatever not to bothered. 

Hopefully we get that lad Johnson on a pre contract as I do like the look of him.

I cant sed us doing much tbh, our accounts wont be pretty when they are released but the big thing will be fans back into games 

Yeah we sold out our ST's this season, but if the outlooks is still no fans or limited capacity fans the board wont be able to budget selling out the ST's again incase we dont

We'll have a lot to shift from the squad wage wise first, and thats the problem, who'll take them given covid has hit everyone

Re Mccoist saying there was a Southampton scout at the Hamilton game. Now whilst I'm sure there's been plenty scouts watching us, its crucial we dont sell key players in January.

I'd put Tav, Goldson, Kent in that category. Morelos I'd consider for the right price if we could then get a replacement in. Ideally no key outgoings til Jan though.

I think in the summer the likes of Southampton will be in for our players, they've spent well but still made good profits from across the road. They know top players up here can do it down there.

Ferguson is a good player for Aberdeen, I just don't see where he fits in our system. He's neither the cover player we play 1 or 2 of who we rely on intricate play and retaining ball in tight positions, or the skillful player we play 3 of behind the no 9.

If we wanted a more traditional, ball winning no 8 capable of attacking & scoring as an option then maybe at the right price. I dont think we do, and not at the price they'd want.

12 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Possibly cover for Tav.

Get a feeling that Patterson might be a little raw at the moment and not quite ready to step in for Tav if he gets injured.

We see Bassey getting plenty of minutes, but hardly anything of Patterson, think that can only be about ability at the current moment.

If Morelos goes for big money, a right sided midfielder or one more striker would not go down too badly.

RB is definitely a key position, if Tav were to get injured it would be pretty damaging.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

RB is definitely a key position, if Tav were to get injured it would be pretty damaging.

It is. But who of real quality who replicates that attacking full back role would be available, reasonably priced, and willing to come knowing they'd not get a game unless the permanently fit player got injured?

Thats why we have young back ups, because when fit neither our full backs are generally likely to sit out, especially not Tav. 

I can see our back 4 attracting a lot of interest especially with how well we have been defending, there's a lot of value in our squad just now, makes a nice change. I'm not too bothered about signings in January as long as we can get through the window without losing any of our 1st picks. Maybe some pre contracts but we're motoring just now and I would hate to see the momentum we have built up being compromised trying to fit in new players, pre season is the time for that.

12 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

They'll panic buy to appease the manky hoardes mate, lemon had spunked some amount already before he spunked more during the summer, it wont stop them. they've cash in the bank they'll be itching to spend before compensation claims ring fences it.

They're months delayed in publishing their 2019/20 financials and they're losing big money +$400k/week - their season tickets are down, they'll be out of Europa soon. They're doomed mate.

And the impending mass paedophile court cases - pay back time is around the corner. 

52 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It is. But who of real quality who replicates that attacking full back role would be available, reasonably priced, and willing to come knowing they'd not get a game unless the permanently fit player got injured?

Thats why we have young back ups, because when fit neither our full backs are generally likely to sit out, especially not Tav. 

Aye, it's a dilemma. Someone in the mould of Bassey would be ideal 😁

Archived