Would crowds make a difference?

KeyserSoze

After we went 2-0 up against Livi I sat back watching the 2nd half thinking, this is correct, take it easy, get the subs on, Livi can't score against us and we have Europe on Thursday. Fans in the stadium would have been getting bored and shouting for more goals. 

The cavalry charge type of football from the old days is gone, it might not suit all the fans but that's our style of football these days.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They have to say that tbf

Exactly. Roofe said the players don’t look at the table ffs. Anyone believing every word coming out a players mouth, when they're obviously well versed in what the club narrative is, is pretty naive.

Its like politics but dumbed down for footballers 😁

Some players thrive playing in front of fans as it adds an edge to their game, we can only speculate to claim players are playing better with no fans there.

To claim that's the reason we are playing so well is doing a dis-service to our players and Steven Gerrard and his coaching team. 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Exactly. Roofe said the players don’t look at the table ffs. Anyone believing every word coming out a players mouth, when they're obviously well versed in what the club narrative is, is pretty naive.

Its like politics but dumbed down for footballers 😁

My own favourite is 'we're only focusing on us' when asked about how opposition teams line up. Or 'the next game is the biggest one'. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A lot of fucking nonsense if anyone thinks fans caused any of our issues in previous years.

Our fans have been nothing short of superb.

Not that they caused any issues, I’m just thinking it’s kinda suiting us JUST NOW. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A lot of fucking nonsense if anyone thinks fans caused any of our issues in previous years.

Our fans have been nothing short of superb.

Its also a lot of fucking nonsense if anyone thinks our fans can't be overly harsh on players for minor mistakes.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its also a lot of fucking nonsense if anyone thinks our fans can't be overly harsh on players for minor mistakes.

It’s the same at every ground of every successful team.

nothing wrong with fans turning up expecting the win, the players should Be doing the same.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

nothing wrong with fans turning up expecting the win, the players should Be doing the same.

I think you’re looking at blaming instead of just players playing without crowds and the benefits that may have (or not)

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

nothing wrong with fans turning up expecting the winI c, the players should Be doing the same.

I totally agree. I've made the argmument on here (and even in my blog in the record) that we SHOULD be expecting to win every game. That doesn't mean our players necessarily have the mentality to deal with it or folk don't over-react to small mistakes. Just look at the Morelos thread. I've seen comments here and FF suggesting we've moved beyond him as a player because he gave the ball away a few times today. There are also some posters on here who've been adamant we'll never win anything with Tavernier in our team as he's a 'shitebag' etc

The players can be enjoying the freedom of not having that criticism without the fans being anecessarily  'problem' but not always being a positive.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think you’re looking at blaming instead of just players playing without crowds and the benefits that may have (or not)

“ every game we expect to win, filtering this down to the team on the park can sometimes make them overly cautious.”

nothing to do with the crowd, more to do with the managers team selection and tactics the past two seasons tbh.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

“ every game we expect to win, filtering this down to the team on the park can sometimes make them overly cautious.”

nothing to do with the crowd, more to do with the managers team selection and tactics the past two seasons tbh.

I’ll meet you in the middle Stepps 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I totally agree. I've made the argmument on here (and even in my blog in the record) that we SHOULD be expecting to win every game. That doesn't mean our players necessarily have the mentality to deal with it or folk don't over-react to small mistakes. Just look at the Morelos thread. I've seen comments here and FF suggesting we've moved beyond him as a player because he gave the ball away a few times today. There are also some posters on here who've been adamant we'll never win anything with Tavernier in our team as he's a 'shitebag' etc

The players can be enjoying the freedom of not having that criticism without the fans being anecessarily  'problem' but not always being a positive.

The team are confident and playing well. A defeat or two and some will be saying we need the fans back to fire them up.

3 hours ago, miracle said:

It's a fair point.  The crowd are on the team's back at the slightest mistake and there always needs to be a scapegoat.  And that's why we can't develop youngsters.

Tarriers are exactly the same so how have they managed to bring the likes of McGregor and Tierney through? 

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

We’re playing like a proper Rangers team should so why would any fan be on their back in the stadium this season so far 

But are they playing that way because of, or in spite of, there being no fans? Either way, as long as we keep scudding teams, I'm not fussed.

If it ain't broke , don't fix it . 

Missing my football right enough , but I'd be quite happy to carry on without fans for the rest of the season if this is how we play . 

Iirc , a couple of the players mentioned last season how the expectations of the crowd could weigh on them . Not worth taking the gamble imo.  

Archived