Would crowds make a difference?

KeyserSoze

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apologies. I don’t really follow what they say or do. 

You don't have to follow them you just have to listen to Radio Clyde or one of the many other stations it's the excuse they are all rolling out as if to make out we would be shite if the crowds were in our stadium.

It's a nonsense the team has improved and gelled and the signings are better that's the reason we are doing well. 

Impossible to say if it's made any difference but at the same time I actually think it's better if crowds don't go back just now. Current conditions are working brilliantly and the players are going out there and doing the business and know what they are doing. Crowds go back and moaning happens after 10 minutes in a match and flow/mentalities could very much change. The squad are very much in their own bubble just now and are focussed on their game plans which is working.

Its definitely suiting us.

We've seen our players wilt under expectation.

An error would normally result in a level of angst in the crowd, the players definitely feel it and more often than not, haven't risen to occasions. 

There's certain players who I think are struggling without, Hagi and Alfredo being 2 that seem to miss that pressure/atmosphere the most.

Barkers probably spending all his wages on finding a way of mutating the strand so this never goes away. He's totally fucked if stadiums fill again.

45 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

To take Tav as an example, he tends to get it tighter than most from fans, sometimes justified, sometimes arguably less so, and he’s in the form of his life. Could be a coincidence 

Fuck all to do with that.

Tavs form has improved cause he's finally playing in a team that not only suits wing backs.. but one that understands how to utilise them efficiently.

22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ll be back in for March time. The way things are going we’ll be on our way to champions. 

While I tend to agree that no fans at Ibrox is helping us, there is no doubt that season ticket holders even on a restricted amount,  are due to roar the team over the line ,if and when the situation allows fans back inside the ground 

There is no doubt it has helped us to this point. If crowds where allowed in from next weekend it would benefit us too. We are performing, on top and there is a real buzz around us. 
Ibrox would have been bouncing today. The atmosphere at parkpead on the other hand would be poisonous! Protests, Infighting, miss spelt banners the lot!

It’s absolutely mental to even be thinking it, but I am actually quite concerned about the impact of fans returning to stadia at a key time in the season.

Have a horrible feeling the demands, pressure and nerves coming down off the stands would put the team off their stride. They’re so in-control in games, I honestly worry our own fans could fuck that.

Which should never be the case for any Rangers team, but this is no normal season due to COVID/going for 55.

Getting away from how the players would react if crowds were back, from an armchair point of view I'm much more relaxed, used to be if we weren't getting the ball up the park quickly I'd be yelling at the telly "FFS GET IT FORWARD" but now when I see the ball get passed all the way back in order to keep hold of the ball and start attacking from deep again it doesn't annoy me as much as it used to, mind you I don't know if I'd be saying that if we were losing, point being I can accept what Gerrard and management team are doing and I wonder if the fans when they allowed back in will accept that this is how we play, today for instance after we went 4-0 up I really wanted us to go for the throat but after a couple of minutes I realized why burn ourselves out we have a heavy schedule to play and if we can stroll the last 30mins so be it, and even when we were strolling we were still creating chances.

1 hour ago, miracle said:

It's a fair point.  The crowd are on the team's back at the slightest mistake and there always needs to be a scapegoat.  And that's why we can't develop youngsters.

We can be a difficult audience at times and I’m sure the lack of 50,000 supporters allows the players to ‘relax’ and execute the management tactics easier - even Andy Webster might have made more than 2 appearances for us 😂

It also seems that trainers/physios are seen less on the park these days 🤔

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

We can be a difficult audience at times and I’m sure the lack of 50,000 supporters allows the players to ‘relax’ and execute the management tactics easier - even Andy Webster might have made more than 2 appearances for us 😂

It also seems that trainers/physios are seen less on the park these days 🤔

I agree on the trainer / physio point, also seems as if there isn’t as much time wasting.

Today the commentator said Rangers are happy to kick the ball back to the defense and start again.  Would that be happening if crowds were there?  Our fans want everything to be a forward pass.  We’re notorious for it.  People were constantly on Barry Ferguson’s back about sideways passing.  Advocaat specifically addressed this subject at one point.  

I believe Rangers have been able to develop and play a brand of football that our supporters may not have had the patience for otherwise.  But that is speculation on my part.

Right now the fans not being allowed in is benefitting celtic as they would be wanting blood.  If not for the lockdown they’d probably be outside Parkhead right now with banners to get Lennon out :lol: 

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Fuck all to do with that.

Tavs form has improved cause he's finally playing in a team that not only suits wing backs.. but one that understands how to utilise them efficiently.

Every player now knows his job at the club and are used to doing what is asked from the manager and coaches it's like second nature.

Archived