Rangers Women

Clemdog

GC now surely out of the running.

Now fucking stop giving the other lot a goal head start and we can win the league- would be nice for one of our teams to.

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

GC now surely out of the running.

Now fucking stop giving the other lot a goal head start and we can win the league- would be nice for one of our teams to.

Aye I'd say that's City out of the picture now, but I said the same at Christmas and they came back 🤣 

Going to be a two horse race now

Glasgow offered not very much in that game. The whole game other than the wobble for their goal we were in total control. 

Now comes very much down to who can hold their nerve and that game against them on the 6th May.

20240414_150433.jpg

48 minutes ago, Madina said:

Hearts yet again being our bogey team this season. I skipped through some of it there and Middag for their goal 🤮

On Sunday the men give RC a first win over us.

Tonight the women give hearts a first ever win against, not only us, but ANY top three team.

What a lovely charitable bunch we are eh?

28 minutes ago, Bydo said:

On Sunday the men give RC a first win over us.

Tonight the women give hearts a first ever win against, not only us, but ANY top three team.

What a lovely charitable bunch we are eh?

I know, absolutely criminal. Fair dos to Hearts they've gave us problems and previously held us to a draw. When I saw it was 1-0 I foolishly lumped money on us getting a draw at worst! That wee tim in goal was barely tested from what I saw of the last 20 mins or so. Pretty routine saves and Rowe should have done much better with her chance 

17 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The women's team are poor for the money we expend on them.  

Do you know how much money we spend on them?

This is a team that's already won a trophy this season, in the Scottish Cup Semi-final, and only lost 5 league matches in three years, in a league with three teams competing for the championship.

Yes, the form is slumping at the wrong time of the season, but I'd say anything we spend on that team is probably nominal at best in comparison to the men's or even men's development squad. They regularly get a few hundred at Broadwood for homes games with crowds growing, and no matter what people think, women's football is a growth area of the game. It's a wise investment from the club.

On 21/04/2024 at 14:31, Madina said:

Esson making Fife look like peak Buffon there. What a goal to concede 

Plenty of time for us to get the winner though 

I just saw this and, oh my word.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it…

Both our keepers are very very poor and always have been.

18 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The women's team are poor for the money we expend on them.  

How much money is an acceptable expenditure on the women’s team?

”Fuckin’ none.”

(There- I said it so people don’t need to reply saying it).

In all seriousness though, I’ve said it many times before- I would be absolutely stunned if the whole women’s team cost the club more than it does to keep Goldson and the rest of the dead-wood hangers on for a month, and I know which I would rather have.

As others have rightfully said, the women’s team and game will only get better if the club put their money where their mouth is. Failure to invest means it gets more shite, and interest dwindles, which means even less investment, etc etc.

For what it’s worth, I actually do like keeping myself informed in how well the team is doing and get frustrated at the fact we seem to have gone down a hill recently in terms of form, but given that’s exactly what happened to the men’s team, I don’t think we can point to the comparatively small amount of investment as the issue.

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

I just saw this and, oh my word.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it…

Both our keepers are very very poor and always have been.

There’s so many questions I have about this, the first one probably being why hasn’t she ran out towards it and put it back up the field? Literally backing away from a ball she’s clearly favourite to win if she runs at it 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s so many questions I have about this, the first one probably being why hasn’t she ran out towards it and put it back up the field? Literally backing away from a ball she’s clearly favourite to win if she runs at it 

Probably thought it would roll into the box and she could just pick it up, anyway it's horrendous.