C*ltc

I am cynical regarding Griffiths' sudden recovery from major depression. As one who has had the condition most of my life I know that when in crisis it takes many many months to recover. Further major depression does not really go away, you are never cured you just learn to cope and the latter takes YEARS to master.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I am cynical regarding Griffiths' sudden recovery from major depression. As one who has had the condition most of my life I know that when in crisis it takes many many months to recover. Further major depression does not really go away, you are never cured you just learn to cope and the latter takes YEARS to master.

The worst thing thumb will be suffering is stress. Stress caused by a gambling problem which is totally different from depression 

Had a few mates over the years who were almost in tears on a Sunday because they had blown their wages on a Friday and Saturday 

Very strange that it's very rare indeed that a pro footballer takes 6months off very suddenly for depression when you here stories like the late Gary Speed who had issues for years but never took a day off makes you think why thumb was really off for 

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Letting popcorn loose with the cheque book could end up being as bad as Brenda was 

Read that he was a player that had been identified and targeted when BR was still at the club. Hopefully go the way of some of his previous high spending failures...

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Read that he was a player that had been identified and targeted when BR was still at the club. Hopefully go the way of some of his previous high spending failures...

Popcorn not his own man then. 

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Cocaine is a depressant though

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Aye, you don’t just get over depression, I recon he was forming an illegal drug habit to overcome any depression he has

24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Popcorn not his own man then. 

Imo he is a cheap option who will do as he’s told by the boardroom and tow any party line that they decide to create. Plus, an added bonus for them is he knows his way round being the victim which no doubt they will be this season be it with referees of ‘separate entity’ issues...

16 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Imo he is a cheap option who will do as he’s told by the boardroom and tow any party line that they decide to create. Plus, an added bonus for them is he knows his way round being the victim which no doubt they will be this season be it with referees of ‘separate entity’ issues...

I have visualised his meltdowns already. Going to be funny and frustrating at the same time 

5 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

The Scottish media are overhyping him, he played in Germany apparently. What they failed to mention is he didn’t get passed the reserve team. 

B2D0F228-E767-44C6-A93E-291D691B15D2.jpeg

Article on the bbc. Said he was pretty garbage for most of last season and that he's pretty slow on the turn. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Rat Scott Allen crying his eyes out in the ET.  Karma bit him hard. 

He's thick as shite if he believes they signed him to play football . 

Fuck him , that's a decision he's going to look back on the rest of his life with regret . 

7 hours ago, TBagalag said:

Exactly, some of that rancid mob seem to think that big transfer fees guarantee quality and success. They are completely neglecting the fact that they have made some horrendous big money signings in the past (Edouard is one of them for me) and that their manager is mentally unstable with limited managerial ability.

They also seem to think that lennon is going to pull out the likes of van dijk, wanyama and ledley again. Not a hope in hell that is happening again.

25 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

They also seem to think that lennon is going to pull out the likes of van dijk, wanyama and ledley again. Not a hope in hell that is happening again.

I’m praying this lanky streak of pish they’ve signed is more in the mould of a Scheidt than a Van Dijk.

3 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Lennon wasn’t responsible for any of them, it was John Park.  John Park identified Izaguirre and Hooper too.  Of course, Lennon gets all the plaudits because he’s the manager at the time but it was the scouting system that did all the work.  

Archived