UPDATE: Rangers accept Morelos 3 match ban

CooperSF

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He's not putting his foot down to trap it, he's trying to control it in the air.

2nd angle in that vid shows it best. My interpretation of what's happened is he's gone to control the ball with his instep, the ball last millisecond deflects off Porteous' knee away from his instep, his eye follows the ball and he instinctively goes to plant his foot on the ground, but brings it down on the leg then falls forward in am effort to remove the pressure from what he's stood on. Having watched it numerous times, the body language in the second clip suggests that to me, bearing in mind it would all have happened in an instant.

None of which is what I thought originally.

So from a standing position  he plants a foot, but then caring for Porteous welfare he pulls out? Hmmm.

At which point specifically did he withdraw and put the safety of his opponent over himself?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

At which point specifically did he withdraw and put the safety of his opponent over himself?

You can see when he looks down whilst his foot is on porteous he then bends his knee to take the weight off and falls over. It wasn’t a Neil Simpson direct straight leg stamp for me, nowhere near it imo. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The refs are shite, no conspiracies they  always have been. No different now compared to when we were doing shite.

Morelos gets treated differently by pundits, other teams players, officials and the CO.

The same as he has been for years.

How can Morelos be treated differently and uniquely by authorities and CO without there being bias against him? Unless there IS bias against the club?

To be clear, is Morelos treated differently (negatively)?

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So from a standing position  he plants a foot, but then caring for Porteous welfare he pulls out? Hmmm.

Didn't say anything about welfare. I said he instinctively pulled up when he felt himself standing on something that wasn't the ground.

The important bit isn't from a standing position. His foot's in the air trying to control the ball coming towards him.

I think we are getting side tracked a little bit here. There's an argument either way for Morelos but the real discussion is over parity in punishment (or lack thereof).

Yes, we can discuss why he keeps putting himself in these positions but there are players from other teams who appear to get away with equally controversial challenges and are not cited for them, never mind with the speed Morelos has. There was even a comparable challenge on the same match.

We have seen elbows from brown, a studded challenge from Eduoard, a dreadful tackle on a Dundee United player all in the last few weeks. They haven't been dealt with at all. That's also added to with a manager out with the scattergun aiming for all and sundry. What was the response there from the football authorities? No citation for him two weeks down the line but Morelos cited and banned within two days doesn't sit right regardless of fault. 

There's a trial by tv here that just doesn't happen with other players. Sure, he's box office to an extent and he plays on the edge but there are challenges that are as bad if not worse and they are not dissected anywhere near to the same extent as Morelos' are. 

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If you realise you're landing your studs on some cunts leg you would naturally not put your full weight into it, and just fall over ffs, even if it was a wee prick who deserved it.

Pretty obvious to anyone imo.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think we are getting side tracked a little bit here. There's an argument either way for Morelos but the real discussion is over parity in punishment (or lack thereof).

Yes, we can discuss why he keeps putting himself in these positions but there are players from other teams who appear to get away with equally controversial challenges and are not cited for them, never mind with the speed Morelos has. There was even a comparable challenge on the same match.

We have seen elbows from brown, a studded challenge from Eduoard, a dreadful tackle on a Dundee United player all in the last few weeks. They haven't been dealt with at all. That's also added to with a manager out with the scattergun aiming for all and sundry. What was the response there from the football authorities? No citation for him two weeks down the line but Morelos cited and banned within two days doesn't sit right regardless of fault. 

There's a trial by tv here that just doesn't happen with other players. Sure, he's box office to an extent and he plays on the edge but there are challenges that are as bad if not worse and they are not dissected anywhere near to the same extent as Morelos' are. 

This is it!! Spot on post. 
People on here can argue all they like about whether it was a red or not. That is NOT the issue. 
The real issue is that retrospective action is only taken when it suits them. There has got to be consistency. The other thing like you said is the speed. If Morelos is involved there always seems to be an immediate decision where as others take weeks or month with no action. 
Corrupt. 

13 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

If you realise you're landing your studs on some cunts leg you would naturally not put your full weight into it, and just fall over ffs, even if it was a wee prick who deserved it.

Pretty obvious to anyone imo.

Yet others on here, including myself, knew he was doing it deliberately...

38 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Didn't say anything about welfare. I said he instinctively pulled up when he felt himself standing on something that wasn't the ground.

The important bit isn't from a standing position. His foot's in the air trying to control the ball coming towards him.

At this point the contact somehow caused Morelos to fall over..

Some say he's looking at the ball yet....

Maybe off balance yet.... 

Or trying to trap the ball....

Screenshot-2021-01-27-at-20.13.40-e1611779932893.png

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Thanks for clearing up my point with photo evidence👏🏻. Balls bounced away in a split second and he’s bent his knee to avoid going in on porteous

So Morelos is so slow of thought he's worth 20m based on his sharpness and clinicism, but as soon as there's queries we're not clinical enough its head in the cloud stuff ????

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clears up zero

Aye ether way apart from what we all ready know Alfy stood on his leg 

Honesty posting photos to try and prove that one of our players deserves a red card and a three game ban is fucking weird. Do supporters from other teams act like this towards their own players?

I genuinely find it bizarre as fuck.

Archived