Our Captain

The Godfather

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Simpson would be a decent signing as a stop gap. We need a natural right back. Balogun and Jack filling in there is fine, but they are still stop gaps and it could upset the entire balance of the side.

Is this the same guy we've already signed on a pre contract?

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Is this the same guy we've already signed on a pre contract?

No mate, We’ve signed Jack Simpson, Danny Simpson is ex Man Utd and won a premiership medal with Leicester City, Not sure if he currently has a club but apparently he has a reputation for being in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

No mate, We’ve signed Jack Simpson, Danny Simpson is ex Man Utd and won a premiership medal with Leicester City, Not sure if he currently has a club but apparently he has a reputation for being in trouble.

Thanks mate.

Oh well, we better make sure he rooms with Bassey and Patterson then eh 😂😂👍

1 hour ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

We saw what a bad signing can do when the filth signed Duffy. I’d rather go with no signing than a troublemaker.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Simpson would be a decent signing as a stop gap. We need a natural right back. Balogun and Jack filling in there is fine, but they are still stop gaps and it could upset the entire balance of the side.

I think bringing in a completely unknown quantity at this stage of the season who is unfamiliar with our players, coaches and system is far more likely to upset the balance of the side. But if they do bring anyone in, I'm sure the coaching staff will do their due diligence and it'll because they're able to do a job and not just because they're the only available option. 

It’s a tough one as we are starting to look pretty light, especially in defence, ahead of a big run of games.

With Tav, Patterson and Bassey out, allied to the likes of Helander and Balogun historically being susceptible to niggles, it is a concern.

Means those two plus Goldson and Borna are going to have to play pretty much every game from now til the end of the season.

Just hope they’re all lucky/robust enough to do it

5 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

I think bringing in a completely unknown quantity at this stage of the season who is unfamiliar with our players, coaches and system is far more likely to upset the balance of the side. But if they do bring anyone in, I'm sure the coaching staff will do their due diligence and it'll because they're able to do a job and not just because they're the only available option. 

Considering he’s already said it’s a possibility, i’s obviously something Gerrard is thinking about doing. 

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

I've been AFK for a day or two... do we know the extent of tavs injury yet? Weeks or months?

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

Just posted on the Right back options thread. 

I hate it when people do that! I had to go and look for the right back options thread to find what you had said!! 

“Good news hopefully.
Drove by Ibrox there, seen Tav walking in, albeit gingerly. 
No space boot or crutch etc” 

Edit: sorry @RFCRobertson just saw you had answered.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

I hate it when people do that! I had to go and look for the right back options thread to find what you had said!! 

“Good news hopefully.
Drove by Ibrox there, seen Tav walking in, albeit gingerly. 
No space boot or crutch etc” 

Edit: sorry @RFCRobertson just saw you had answered.

Clive said in the commentary as well its not as bad as what intially feared 🥳

Maybe sub appearence against antwerp then back into the side for livi away 

45 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Clive said in the commentary as well its not as bad as what intially feared 🥳

Maybe sub appearence against antwerp then back into the side for livi away 

Doubt we'll see him midweek, appeared to be keeping weight off his ankle when you saw him moving about up in the stand.

18 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Doubt we'll see him midweek, appeared to be keeping weight off his ankle when you saw him moving about up in the stand.

If it isn’t a bad one then a couple of weeks rest will probably benefit him for the run in. We will see.

I hope a speedy recovery for both tavernier/Roofe It's also so reassuring that we not totally reliant on both. I think everyone dreaded tavernier's departure from the pitch in Belgium but weve been more than impressive with the lads who have slotted in. Balogun deserves all the plaudits. The kid is solid as a rock.

Great news. So should be back with plenty of time to spare before the game vs them. Hopefully might get some minutes against st mirren or a full rest and hard training session before that game and will be ready for the (potential) title decider.

45 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Great news. So should be back with plenty of time to spare before the game vs them. Hopefully might get some minutes against st mirren or a full rest and hard training session before that game and will be ready for the (potential) title decider.

I'd rest him up until sharkhead

Archived