Where will the gaffer look to strengthen the squad this summer.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Gerrard has come out a few times a spoke about the need for 4 strikers also leaves us better covered should a big bid for Morelos come in, I’d like to see that boy Sakala we were linked with come in that looks like decent business on a free. 

Yeah, four strikers, but what kind of quality will our fourth striker be. I think having Defoe there is a bit of a one off. Lucky if he’s played a dozen times this season, and hardly started. His replacement is way down the list, and should probs be a youth player coming through the ranks, if poss.

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

A replacement striker for JD and a central defensive  midfielder  with a good range of passing would be my choice as it looks like Zungu is not going to cut it IMO.

This is allowing nobody leaves of course.

Not knowing much about him, does Ofoborh not replace Zungu?

Id like to see us get another attacking midfielder in, maybe a striker depending on Defoe/Morelos.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

A don't know if you're at it or serious. You think all those players you mentioned will leave? Think the club will allow us to lose the heart of the team in one window?!

100%

With the money we bring in we could go to another level whilst making a large profit.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s probably from the fact any time he has came on he has added absolutely zero to the game. He has this brutal ability to slow play down to a near walking pace too.

No chance he should be signed on a permanent contract 

I get that but still hasn’t had enough starts to be judged, he done ok when he came on last night, but as you say he didn’t add anything to the game.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

100%

With the money we bring in we could go to another level whilst making a large profit.

Aye I 100% don't see all those players leaving. I can see us cashing in on some assets but what a mental gamble it would be to rip the core of the club out and try playing champions League football.

That's football manager pish.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Replacements for McGregor, Tav, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Kent, Morelos and Defoe who will all go + 2 or 3 quality additions

I don't see McGregor or Davis leaving.  Also don't think it is a given that Tav will go.  Champions league beckons.

14 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, four strikers, but what kind of quality will our fourth striker be. I think having Defoe there is a bit of a one off. Lucky if he’s played a dozen times this season, and hardly started. His replacement is way down the list, and should probs be a youth player coming through the ranks, if poss.

I’d be moving Itten down the pecking order, with the amount of games Roofe and Morelos miss we need a better 3rd choice striker imo. 

17 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Not knowing much about him, does Ofoborh not replace Zungu?

Id like to see us get another attacking midfielder in, maybe a striker depending on Defoe/Morelos.

Ofoborh is only 21 which in this key area is perhaps a little lacking in experience IMO.

Rani Khedira is coming to end of contract at Augsburg, I know one of the panel members at Rangerschat was always right keen on him.

I think at least one from Kamara, Morelos and Barisic will leave and a lot of our business will hinge on who leaves from those three.

I would like to see Stephen Kelly involved with the first team next season after a good season for a poor Ross County side, as a replacement for Zungu, but we will need a quality midfielder to come in too.

And it’s vital we get Tav & Goldson tied down on new deals. What they bring to our side, and how difficult it would be to replace them, is worth more to us than whatever (reduced) transfer fee we will get for them.

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s probably from the fact any time he has came on he has added absolutely zero to the game. He has this brutal ability to slow play down to a near walking pace too.

No chance he should be signed on a permanent contract 

Also absolutely awful off the ball, that's what does it for me.

I think those leaving will be either Morelos or Kamara. Barisic, Tav and Goldson I think will stay. 

McGregor, Davis and Arfield will be in for another season, Roofe, Jack, Hagi and Kent by all accounts seem happy here so I’d be surprised to see any of them leave as well. 

We’ll hopefully get rid of Jones, Edmundson and Stewart permanently. Zungu will be off as well. 

I wouldn’t mind listening to offers for Aribo but I think he’ll stay. 

I’d like to get a CM in to work with Davis and Arfield the full season and probably another CB because I think Katic should be loaned

Tbh, it all depends on what the board want to do. Do they just want to stay ahead of Celtc or use this season’s success, potential Cl money next season, and their disarray to try to forge far ahead. It’s a big call for them, because no matter what we want (and it’s obviously the latter) football boards are still primarily full of businessmen.

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Ofoborh is only 21 which in this key area is perhaps a little lacking in experience IMO.

Rani Khedira is coming to end of contract at Augsburg, I know one of the panel members at Rangerschat was always right keen on him.

Think he would be an improvement defensively wise, but if I recall correctly his passing's no to great, right enough that could be I've only seen him in bigger games against the likes of Dortmund and Bayern.

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Also absolutely awful off the ball, that's what does it for me.

Is it aye?

Are you at the game and watching him? Or you watching what everybody else is on the tv? because the camera is 95% on the ball, unless you have some camera that just focused on him I don’t know how that comment makes sense 

I don't think as many players will leave as suggested. One, maybe two for huge profits.

For me, the priority is always to find the best, skillful midfielder you can with the profits.

If Morelos is one of the two we sell, then he will need replacing as Itten and to a lesser extent Roofe will not replace his contribution.

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

Is it aye?

Are you at the game and watching him? Or you watching what everybody else is on the tv? because the camera is 95% on the ball, unless you have some camera that just focused on him I don’t know how that comment makes sense 

No special angle needed mate, next time he plays (if he does get a good amount) look how lazy he is tracking runners, every tackle is half hearted, he seems to give away a fair few fouls and he never seems to be fully committed for headers one of they ones who jumps to look like he's putting in effort but knows he's never winning it. Can't believe anyone would want him here next year, no been good enough and I imagine if the backroom team are watching him every day in training they think the same or he would have played a lot more.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Even without anyone leaving, our priority should be a Big, mobile Centre defensive midfielder.

This!

Would also like a bit more pace in the attacking areas. A pacey right winger would be ideal especially away from home in the champions league.

Would be interested to know how much the boy Puchacz would cost. He looked excellent against us in both games and if Barisic was to move on he would be right at the top of list of targets. Looked like somebody who could fit into our style of play and he fits the profile of players we need to look to sign too.

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This!

Would also like a bit more pace in the attacking areas. A pacey right winger would be ideal especially away from home in the champions league.

Like the look of Sirkiri Dembele at Peterborough. Can play across front 3 and rapid. Contract up in summer I believe.

Controversial but I don’t think selling Barisic and spending 3-4m on a replacement would be a disaster 

Love Borna and would rather keep him obviously but if we’re going to sell any of our biggest assets I think he’d be the easiest to replace 

If Alfie goes we should be able to get a very decent replacement for the amount of money we’ll make on him 

Archived