European Super League

Mols94

Just now, J-Maestro said:

From the looks of almost everyone's reactions they'd hitching to a sinking ship. I've barely seen anyone who wants this.

Simply hedging their bets and seeing how things play out.

Also, the threat of players not being able to play for their countries is a bluff. With enough money on offer these clubs will still attract the best players in the world regardless of international sanctions, then how shite would the Euros and World Cup be if the best players in the world can't play in it? These clubs hold all the power, and as much as I don't like the idea I have little sympathy for the likes of UEFA and FIFA.

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

Simply hedging their bets and seeing how things play out.

Also, the threat of players not being able to play for their countries is a bluff. With enough money on offer these clubs will still attract the best players in the world regardless of international sanctions, then how shite would the Euros and World Cup be if the best players in the world can't play in it? These clubs hold all the power, and as much as I don't like the idea I have little sympathy for the likes of UEFA and FIFA.

I'd rather the Euros and World Cup were shite than pander to 12 clubs.

• 10 months later...