Bar72 ST holders - what do you think of the new price?

j1mgg

I think about groups (2 or more) who've sat together in Bar72 seats for years who may be getting priced out of their seats with nowhere else in the stadium to relocate them together again. If I was in that position then that would leave a bad taste in the mouth. If the club aren't even offering to relocate people who can't afford Bar72 then that's a poor show.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I have no correspondence regarding a price hike last year. 

Check your renewal from last year and the Rangers VIP message that came out around April last year.

I'm sure they said the coming season would be £1200ish + VAT, and then 2021/2022 it would rise to £1972ish + VAT. I think they gave you an option for buying two years in advance and making a saving. It was widely discussed on FF at the time.

Edit: See this: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/bar72-renewals-out.116205/page-7#post-5807391

22 minutes ago, PM Boab said:

The majority of people on here who sit in bar72 seem to be weirdos, the club probably want you out and replaced with a higher standard of person.

I know, probably the same people that moaned about the ESL.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Brochure that came out last year:

Club-72-Brochure.jpg

I can't seem that, but I didn't move to bar72 until the second or third season of it being open, not sure if that matters.

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

I've been in Bar72 once (took my old man for his birthday) and was totally underwhelmed by the 'experience'. I'm not sure that having 'players mingling' would have made it any better, given that there wasn't room to swing a cat in the first place.

Was a decent view I suppose.

Ex players use to come in and mingle in the early days.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's a brochure that was sent about last year that states Club72 would become £1972+ from 21/22 season.

Cheers, doesn't ring a bell.

It just seems a very big increase over 2 seasons, for not much more.

Will be interesting to see who fills the seats when we are playing the lower end clubs in winter.

Christ I thought I was bad at £700 for GR3.

Can't blame the club/business for following the unwritten rule of supply and demand but I'm astonished at the size of that increase and would seriously consider renewing. Not sure fans have seen a whole lot of love for their loyalty.

17 hours ago, j1mgg said:

These are the prices I can find in my emails, will have to look at my cc for the missing seasons, don't seem to have a receipts for them.

I wasnt made aware of the size of increases for last season and nexts.

21/22.     £2400

20/21.     £1440

19/20.     £1060

18/19.      £1008

14/15.      £719

13/14.      £599

It’s total greed from the club.  That’s a joke. Some people enjoy the luxury of Bar72 and the match day experience. They might save all year to afford the ticket and to put it up £1000 is disgraceful, especially when last season they spent £1400 with no product. The price IMO should have, at best, been frozen the same as everyone else’s. 

1 hour ago, bluesteel said:

The price is based on 30 games,all the games we play are at no extra cost

Why, we are really only guaranteed the league games, we could get pumped out everything else at the very first stage.

Cup games could be away, European qualifiers will be an additional home game.

28 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Why, we are really only guaranteed the league games, we could get pumped out everything else at the very first stage.

It’s every single first team home game. No matter the competition. It’s a pisser when we’re dumped out of every cup early doors or get drawn away a lot.  

A free pint and Novo stoating about with his Rangers top on is well worth the extra imo 😂

I’m thinking of asking to be moved. 

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

I suppose if you look close enough, one will find a fault,club 72 suits me perhaps not others,it’s 30 games to calculate the amount of credit for matches missed,I was offered 1400 refund for this season.

2 hours ago, bluesteel said:

I suppose if you look close enough, one will find a fault,club 72 suits me perhaps not others,it’s 30 games to calculate the amount of credit for matches missed,I was offered 1400 refund for this season.

Even if you do look at it for 30 games, it has went from £47 a ticket, to £80 a ticket.

I drive across, so spend little time in the bar area, it is just we are GLA, so it is really handy when having a 4yr old and 6yr old

Remembering big DJ did a video last year showing refurbishments around the stadium. So in the interest of balance, Bar72 has been tarted up. But the key improvements were a bigger telly and an illuminated club crest at the bottom of the stairs

Unjustifiable price increase during a pandemic. A complete and utter piss take.  

Having been there a few times (seats always good but rest is underwhelming), no way would I be paying that, regardless of the new telly, paint job and bottle of Fosters or whatever shite they are trying to justify.  Better off getting pished en route and going to pub after and getting a seat elsewhere in the stadium.

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

Even if you do look at it for 30 games, it has went from £47 a ticket, to £80 a ticket.

I drive across, so spend little time in the bar area, it is just we are GLA, so it is really handy when having a 4yr old and 6yr old

Like I said bro it suits some not all, at this moment it suits me and the invoice has just arrived in my inbox

Archived