Kris Boyds team of the season.

.Williamson.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There is no getting away from the fact Odsonne Edouard is the best striker in the league. I'd always have the top goal scorer in my team. What Alfredo Morelos does for Rangers is brilliant but if Edouard was in that team, Rangers would be beating teams 3-0 or 4-0 every week.

20/21

20 goals and 6 assists in 34 for Edouard.

16 goals and 12 assists in 41 for Alfredo. 

Overall 

81 goals, 37 assists in 165 games for OE. 

93 goals, 42 assists in 179 games for AM. 

Suspended countless times and Alfredo still trumps him, never injured either. 

There is no debate. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I actually think it’s hard to pick a centre forward in the team of the season tbh.

There isn’t any one striker who has had a beginning to end outstanding campaign.

Morelos, Edouard, Nisbet & Roofe have all played well in patches, but been poor in other spells.

I agree with that and for that reason you'd have to say you go with the guy who will lift the trophy above his head on the 15/05. 

Roofe hasn't really featured through the middle for us that often so he doesn't count.

46 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually find the inclusion of Edouard mind blowing because I feel this season more than any I have been saying how completely overrated I think he is 

55DF40C5-CA3C-4FBE-86B9-4AAE58CEADBB.jpeg

He's in the TOTS because he's the top scorer in the league. 

We can start to dissect it by discounting penalties, counting assists/chances created or even factoring in stuff like goals per minute etc - however the record books and generally team of season will never take stuff like that in to consideration. Strikers will always be predominantly judged on how many goals they have scored.

I'd much rather Morelos in our team because I feel his style fits us better... but when both him and Edouard are on form they are both far too good for the SPL.

I'm a huge fan of Morelos and although I think he has had a good season, I'm not sure he warrants a place in the team of the year.

Edouard may have a honking attitude but there is no denying his skill. The boy can play.

Morelos doesn't really deserve it either. Fact is that Edouard is the top scorer in the league. Other stuff to complain about. A team of the season with 9 Rangers players in it isn't going to bother me based on the last 10 years

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually find the inclusion of Edouard mind blowing because I feel this season more than any I have been saying how completely overrated I think he is 

55DF40C5-CA3C-4FBE-86B9-4AAE58CEADBB.jpeg

Actually think that’s a fairly reasonable team.

Edouard had a shocker in the last game, but he’s still the leagues top scorer despite the filth having a dreadful season. Only reason Boyle is in there is because no one has nailed down that position in the Rangers team yet. 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Actually think that’s a fairly reasonable team.

Edouard had a shocker in the last game, but he’s still the leagues top scorer despite the filth having a dreadful season. Only reason Boyle is in there is because no one has nailed down that position in the Rangers team yet. 

I haven’t thought Edouard has been good against us once this season 

Archived