B Team Fixtures out

Raligt

On 22/06/2021 at 10:31, 5Beckenbauer said:

Looking forward to this and hoping to get to a good few games. Any idea why we're not playing at Auchenhowie? 

I believe its to give them the feel of playing in a real stadium rather than a training ground pitch where everything is available to them

A bit of background on the Lowland League and U18's League. Where we are at the moment in terms of number of players, we do look low on numbers at the moment. Would expect some recruitment from U17's to U20's which is an unknown at the moment.

34 games in Lowland League, Challenge Cup if we enter it, Youth Cup, Champions Youth League and U18 League (25 -30 games).

Lowland League rules state the Colts squad is Under 20 with one U21 and an U21 goalkeeper.

As it stands we have six Under 20 players, Kai Kennedy won't play in the Lowland League, Kyle McLelland got decent game time at Falkirk two leagues above this level. So at the most five available possibly four.

We have nine Under 19 players, 13 players at under 18 (Leon King unlikely to play either U18's or Lowland League) and only four at U17 on pro contracts. I believe there are another five U17's retained but not on pro contracts.

In summary I don't think we have enough players to cover all these games and be competitive in the Lowland League. I know this is about development but there is a perception among many that Rangers and Celtic would easily finish in the top two.

In reality Rangers and probably Celtic, (although I don't know their numbers) will have very young teams. Rangers look like being predominately Under 19. Some Under 18's will push into the Lowland League squad which will obviously impact on the Under 18 team we field in their League.

Pretty sure some players will be recruited but how many and what age profile is a guess. I would expect players brought in would be more likely to be at the younger end.

On 22/06/2021 at 11:58, GersInCanada said:

Fair point as attendances will be at the junior level. Still a good initiative though.

I think you may be mistaken on the attendances. Remember that we had some huge crowds at reserve games in days gone by, and given the sheer size and fanaticism of our fan base I would imagine that attendances at many of these games may well threaten the capacity of Dumbarton's stadium, especially if it is a day when the first team is not playing. I am confident that away attendances will also go from one man and his dug to several hundred at least, I can see many of the away games being ticket only.