****Official UEFA Champions League 2021/22 Thread****

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Indeed.

Even game up to the first goal then Inter’s heads dropped.   Not over yet but Inter will need to score first in the second leg.

First English team to win there since Arsenal i think it said, class result for yous mate, don't see yous fucking it from here

14 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Indeed.

Even game up to the first goal then Inter’s heads dropped.   Not over yet but Inter will need to score first in the second leg.

Noticed it again on Twitter, is there any reason behind Liverpool fans always buying hats from the European teams they play? :lol: 

22 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Noticed it again on Twitter, is there any reason behind Liverpool fans always buying hats from the European teams they play? :lol: 

Always done it, build up your collection from European conquests. My lad is in Dortmund and has already got his Dortmund ski hat.   

46 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Always done it, build up your collection from European conquests. My lad is in Dortmund and has already got his Dortmund ski hat.   

This is a serious question but when you follow Liverpool do you pretend to like people who clearly have celtic as their second or main club just because they’re supporting Liverpool at the time? 

Like the Irish element of Liverpools support is absolutely huge. Dublin must have one of the largest Liverpool supporters clubs outside of England itself.

Also does it not feel really weird singing YNWA? 

These are all genuine questions btw 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This is a serious question but when you follow Liverpool do you pretend to like people who clearly have celtic as their second or main club just because they’re supporting Liverpool at the time? 

Like the Irish element of Liverpools support is absolutely huge. Dublin must have one of the largest Liverpool supporters clubs outside of England itself.

Manchester United also have a massive following in Dublin. That doesn’t really mean much, Irish football fans have always followed the biggest English clubs. 

From experience of living in England over 20 years across many big cities, most fans of the bigger clubs have zero interest in Scottish football. If they claim to have any affinity towards us/them, it’s generally because they have Irish heritage. 

Newcastle have loads of Irish flags at games (I was at the Villa one on Sunday), but only because you can fly so easily to Dublin/Belfast so there’s a big Irish population here. Doesn’t mean Newcastle fans have a greater affinity to them over us

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Q1.  Wary of anyone who has allegiances to them regardless of whether they follow Liverpool.  To me following them and following Liverpool are mutually incompatible.  I think tolerate is the best you could put it but not seen anyone at Anfield this season with any form of allegiance to them.

Q2. There are a plenty who travel over to watch Liverpool from both sides of the border.   Speak with those from Dublin and they don’t give a toss about them, they just hate  Man U. Interesting when Unionist and Republican Reds get on with each other at matches.

Q3.  Why would it feel weird singing the Liverpool anthem?  

8 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Q1.  Wary of anyone who has allegiances to them regardless of whether they follow Liverpool.  To me following them and following Liverpool are mutually incompatible.  I think tolerate is the best you could put it but not seen anyone at Anfield this season with any form of allegiance to them.

Q2. There are a plenty who travel over to watch Liverpool from both sides of the border.   Speak with those from Dublin and they don’t give a toss about them, they just hate  Man U. Interesting when Unionist and Republican Reds get on with each other at matches.

Q3.  Why would it feel weird singing the Liverpool anthem?  

1. They are there, I know of at least 3 personally who have ST.

2. Again they are there I have met numerous that support Liverpool/Celtic and despise us

3. Horrendous 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

1. They are there, I know of at least 3 personally who have ST.

2. Again they are there I have met numerous that support Liverpool/Celtic and despise us

3. Horrendous 

Seems you are mixing in the wrong circles mate. Bit worrying to be fair.