The League

The Godfather

56 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I will be in the minority here probably but I would sacrifice both cups to guarantee the league win.

Its so important we win the title this year.

I'd be annoyed if we didn't take home at least one cup. Preferably the League Cup, considering when the final is played. It's usually good for momentum.

But winning the league is vital this season, it's the be all and end all.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I will be in the minority here probably but I would sacrifice both cups to guarantee the league win.

Its so important we win the title this year.

I think most of us would :thumbup: but we should surely getting to at least one final and winning a cup.

Still confident, with everyone fit and once the new lads get up to speed, we will comfortably win the league if not by 25 points. 10 probably. Depends on us and if Stavros implodes.    Will win at least one cup and the treble, if we sort our ourselves out sharpish, is doable. 

Would like to see us getting to at least the EL QF'S, a vg run in that would partly offset the result and failure last night. Restore some pride. celtic at best imo will make the ECL group stage. Confident Alkmaar will knock them out. 

Our huge Achilles heel is our defence. Goldson I have never rated. Not even last season. Always have seen him as a short term solution, not the long term. Fine until we got near the CL. Big Phil is imo our best CH. Balogun I like. Katic will be excellent imo once he gets back and up to speed. Goldson is barely a EL level player, at CL in the group stages, he'd have been ripped apart by the major teams. Imagine him vs PSG or Bayern or Inter. Gerrard has a huge ******* blind spot on this player. Needs dropped at times this season, like every other player has. We cant ask any player to play week in week out for two full seasons. As much as I dont rate him, all players need a rest every so often. It would be good for him and the club.

Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson, Katic. Is that good enough, do we need another quality CH, and I mean real quality. For me only Big Phil is truly European level, Katic has that potential, Balogun is an able back up.  Goldson and Simpson can go at the end of the season. TBH Goldson can go in August, if good money comes in, but the downside is no time really to bring another in. Cahill would certainly bring the defence up a level, but he is 35 and wages are high, not helped by losing our CL potential pot that could have offset that.  Last night has probably buggered our chances of getting Veerman as well. 

Our attack imo is fine. Wide and through the centre, even if Kent needs to get going again and quickly. Plenty of good options. Less worried about that than the defence or midfield. We can score goals, its the conceding thats the issue. 

Our midfield lacks drive and is too slow, we lack a really good driving quick box to box player. A Durrant type. Arfield does that, but is 31/32 now. 

We needed to buy a real quality CL level centre half, and we didnt. We needed a young box to box player, and we didnt. We strengthened, but still were/are at least 2 players short. 

9 hours ago, left winger said:

The same anti-racism message they did last season when we went unbeaten in the league?  Yeah, that the issue. FFS. 

When you're 20 points ahead its fine but when you've had a start to a season like we've had then any and all distractions from the task at hand need to go out the window. They can go back to the political point scoring once they've got their football in order 

28 minutes ago, Willis said:

When you're 20 points ahead its fine but when you've had a start to a season like we've had then any and all distractions from the task at hand need to go out the window. They can go back to the political point scoring once they've got their football in order 

I look forward to a wee video of you applauding our players taking the knee in the first game after we pump the tarriers on the 29th ✊🏾