The League

The Godfather

40 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Malmo played the exact same way 99% of teams in the SPL play against us, we have zero clue how to break them down other than aimless crosses into a packed box.  Arguably, that's how we scored tonight but simply have no creative spark. 

Can't magic up bids for players but we're going to need to find something from somewhere soon or this is going to be a tough watch. 

Which is crazy considering how we set about teams last season. Patient passing, taking control, waiting for the spaces along with mistakes.

1 minute ago, Amato said:

I've never been one to say "fuck Europe" and concentrate on the league. But if ever was the time for that it's now. Losing the league this year is unthinkable considering the gulf last year and the prize at stake for the winner this year.

Me neither,europa even tho it's not the champions league was still something to look forward to,but now it means fuck all considering whats at stake this season,beating they cunts at ibrox on the 29th is absolutely pivotal now,puts a marker down and let's they tramps know we're still the champions.

50 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Everything we have needs to go on this. 30 million in the line and we cannot miss out on it. 

Tonight's a disaster but not winning the title is a much bigger one. 

Has to happen 

Most relevant and true post I’ve read in weeks in the forum, as per last year the one and only priority should be winning the league (56). Complaining about not winning either of the cups last season (true as it was) was a luxury given the consequences of not winning 55. The financial windfall in not taking this seasons flag does not bare thinking about…

55 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Everything we have needs to go on this. 30 million in the line and we cannot miss out on it. 

Tonight's a disaster but not winning the title is a much bigger one. 

Has to happen 

Most relevant and true post I’ve read in weeks in the forum, as per last year the one and only priority should be winning the league (56). Complaining about not winning either of the cups last season (true as it was) was a luxury given the consequences of not winning 55. The financial windfall in not taking this seasons flag does not bare thinking about…

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

So relevant you quoted it thrice!

It’s difficult to comprehend us not winning the league. Last year means fuck all now, aye it’ll go down in the history books but this is arguably always been the bigger title when it was made clear CL football was a guarantee. We need the money to try and pull away from them and pull us away from a shaky financial situation

3 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

3 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

image.gif.e4b4acde56b1570ebc6265ccc7886b4f.gif

Just now, G.E.C. said:

If we miss out on the Europa League they’ll be a firesale, can still get about £8m from it.

Not ideal but we’re definitely not in a position to sacrifice Europe altogether.

Which is concerning as I'm not sure how we pick ourselves up from the deflation of the start of this season

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

If we miss out on the Europa League they’ll be a firesale, can still get about £8m from it.

Not ideal but we’re definitely not in a position to sacrifice Europe altogether.

What would you rather have 8 million or 30 million? Cos we sure as fuck won't have the steam to manage both fronts this season going by what we've seen from this squad so far.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s difficult to comprehend us not winning the league. Last year means fuck all now, aye it’ll go down in the history books but this is arguably always been the bigger title when it was made clear CL football was a guarantee. We need the money to try and pull away from them and pull us away from a shaky financial situation

Last season was for the history books.

This season is for our future.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Away to Kazakhstan or Armenia days before the scum tie. Sigh.

Even Bulgaria if we got through would still be a brutal trip.

Just need to hope we’re out of sight in the first leg and can rest players/

unpopular opinion but weve seen this movie before, after xmas two seasons ago, we fell into this rut and started bottling games. Gerrard has to be quick and start dropping players who are not performing and make them work hard to get back in. something has to change or we will struggle.  

28 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i think many at Rangers believed the hype about team last season and hopefully this will be the fire that gets everyone moving at Rangers with many players going out and better quality coming in

The only problem there is that we hope they gel instantly. Chopping and changing people isn't working at the moment 

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Board need to dig deep and buy some players.

We canny. We need to sell before buying. Canny just chuck money at this.

Those players were good enough to beat Malmö. They were good enough to beat Dundee utd. They have grossly underperformed mixed with utter shite management and tactics and no alternative plan.

Money doesn't fix this.

Just now, Robmc1 said:

Is getting into the Champions League next season directly as league winners financially better than getting in this season by winning two very winnable ties or am I missing something?

Yes, most important thing now we're out is to win the league.

But if someone had said all you need to do is beat Malmo and Ludogrets we'd have tore their fucking arm off and ate it.

I'm not sure half these players will get over that, waiting a year to play in the CL seems an incredibly long time away.

Many now saying we're going to lose some of our best players and not replace them like for like which will make it even more difficult to achieve anything this season.

Full blown crisis mode right now.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Away to Kazakhstan or Armenia days before the scum tie. Sigh.

Something that’s went a bit under the radar as well, the rest of this month is absolutely huge. Any defeats and it’s full blown crisis if it isn’t already. 

EL is now almost critical, I know the ECL isn’t much difference £ wise but an extra couple of million when we operated at the same level last season is needed. 

49 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We still have more than enough to win the title, Roofe and Kamara will make a massive difference still a horrendous performance and no excuses tonight though. 

I would have agreed with that a week ago. But that tonight has made me think again. Our best players from last season look either unfit or interested. Early days yeah but its hard to see it turning around.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Is getting into the Champions League next season directly as league winners financially better than getting in this season by winning two very winnable ties or am I missing something?

Yes, most important thing now we're out is to win the league.

But if someone had said all you need to do is beat Malmo and Ludogrets we'd have tore their fucking arm off and ate it.

I'm not sure half these players will get over that, waiting a year to play in the CL seems an incredibly long time away.

Many now saying we're going to lose some of our best players and not replace them like for like which will make it even more difficult to achieve anything this season.

Full blown crisis mode right now.

The league is the only path open to us now, had a ridiculous start to this season both domestically and in Europe but it’s done now and can’t dwell on it except for the analysis of improvement going forward. As for the players then Gerrard will have to get a grip and good as they’ve been last year very few of them will got nowhere near the CL in future if they move on