Settled Eleven

EverestGers

Injuries, suspensions,form,covid have prohibited this from happening but that's why we have a big squad plus a B team, a lot of our players also play internationals which also adds to the lack of continuity when it comes to a settled line up. 

To answer your question, no I don't think we have don't even think we have managed two games with the same line up as you have McGregor not playing every game and Bassey and Barisic switching every other game plus the injury to Helander. 

But things will settle down and can only improve, imo the squad has shown resilience so far this season and once we click into gear and hit form, we will start battering teams once again.

7 hours ago, EverestGers said:

Any idea when we played the same starting eleven three games on the bounce? Was asked earlier and struggled to answer correctly? Any stato’s??? Cheers in advance 

Not even sure we’ve done it twice this season. 

7 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Injuries, suspensions,form,covid have prohibited this from happening but that's why we have a big squad plus a B team, a lot of our players also play internationals which also adds to the lack of continuity when it comes to a settled line up. 

To answer your question, no I don't think we have don't even think we have managed two games with the same line up as you have McGregor not playing every game and Bassey and Barisic switching every other game plus the injury to Helander. 

But things will settle down and can only improve, imo the squad has shown resilience so far this season and once we click into gear and hit form, we will start battering teams once again.

Said that eceey game since our season started in July?

I don't think I can ever remember a period supporting us when we've had a less settled 11. Form, injuries and COVID have played havoc with our selections this season. Night and day from last season when the team pretty much picked itself aside from some central midfield rotation. My only hope is that given we are top of the league, this shows the resilience throughout the squad and club so that when people become available more consistently we can push on to another level again. That might come too late for europe this season.

I'm not sure if we've had the same 11 two games on the bounce even from last season, it was more or less a consistent  7-8  when all were available, this season has been a shitshow so far, Gerrard must be pulling his hair out although TBF he has to accept part of the blame for some of his team choices.

It's been a brutal time with sqaud selection the now as we just seem to get a new issue each week.

International break probably coming at a decent time. 

However bit of blame has to go with some of the managers team selections. Champions league for example first leg says Helander only player that played like a Champions League player. Next leg drops him.