Ibrox roar

ALerone

1 hour ago, ALerone said:

What memories do you have of hearing the Ibrox crowd noise match day but not being at the game?

I wonder how far the songs and goal celebrations travel when the whole stadium is going for it.

Non existant since Walter Smiths second spell.

On 31/10/2021 at 20:40, andyhrfc said:

We were late against Brondby and parked up just before kick off then ran about 800 metres to the ground.  Crowd noise really eerie and impressive at the same time.  Don’t appreciate the noise when you are inside.  

I always think the atmosphere sounds somehow more electric when you're outside ... perhaps when you're inside you become a part of it and it just washes over you?

I had to leave early one time (which I would never do again it was horrible) because I had sprained my ankle and I didn’t want to slow everyone else down. I left on the 80th minute to walk over to dumbreck to get the car and we scored a late goal. I could hear the cheers away at the top of dumbreck! It sounded absolutely amazing 🇬🇧

Slightly off topic but remember a tv interview with an elderly lady who lived close to Hampden about the noise from the stadium on the day of the 1973 cup final. She said she didn't have the TV or radio on but knew the score from the roars. A roar for a goal was louder than any other so knew there had been a goal. She then waited a minute and glanced out if he window, if there was a dust cloud above the ground Rangers had scored, if not celtic had scored. Always remember that despite saying she wasn't into football at the end with a we wink to the camera she said she was glad there were more dust clouds than not.