Souness Q&A last night at lounge 72 in uddingston

GOAT

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They did the opposite with Walter in the 10iar season and that proved to be a mistake. Several players have said that they lost a bit of edge that season knowing that the era was finishing at the end of it.

I told taigs who were too young to rememver our 9/ going for 10.season that they made the same mistakes we did. Staying loyal to guys who had won everything with no added hunger to go secure "the 10" that they wouldnt do it.

Apparently we weren't good enough to stop them. Ah well 

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Without getting into a huge debate, no one ignores it, he played most of his career at Liverpool and had transformed us; some forget we were struggling towards the end of that season and Smith dragged us over the line. 
You cleary have held onto your grudge, which is fair enough, but to suggest he effectively doesnt give two fucks about us is absolute nonsense.

No, he definitely does like us, he just likes Liverpool more 

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Mate it was incredible. He came on whole place "sounnessssssss sounnnnneeeesssssssss" 

They asked how Gerrard would do "boooooooooooo"

Tbh mate you walk out on us I don't care who you are fuck you and yer career. 

Maybe bar Alfie :lol:

How do you feel about McGregor & Davis mate ?

1 minute ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Fair enough mate . 

IMO the only difference between the pair of them and naismith & whittaker is the press conference , they all made the choice to use our situation to their own advantage .

The press conference was a disgrace bro 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The press conference was a disgrace bro 

It was mate , another massive kick in the balls at a time when we were fighting for the Clubs existence , and no doubt done at an agents prompting , but others also chose to work their exit without being so open about it . 

1 hour ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Fair enough mate . 

IMO the only difference between the pair of them and naismith & whittaker is the press conference , they all made the choice to use our situation to their own advantage .

So are you suggesting that had we not been relegated to Divsion 3, that Allan Mcgregor and Steven Davis were looking to leave the Club? Or did they have to leave given our situation?

On 13/03/2022 at 16:57, .Williamson. said:

Lot of shite. Even if that were true why would we want to keep someone in the job that clearly had other priorities

Absolute fact that Souness wanted to stay till end of season, murrays quotes at the time are easy to find. We did the right thing though and that massive Sheep decider and time have helped Souness legacy.

On 14/03/2022 at 01:05, Fred H Crawford said:

It was mate , another massive kick in the balls at a time when we were fighting for the Clubs existence , and no doubt done at an agents prompting , but others also chose to work their exit without being so open about it . 

Goian and bocanegra were prime examples of this stayed and we’re willing to go out on loan to let the club get shit sorted 

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

What age were you when Souness was with us? 

I thought you were roughly the same age as me (29). 

Not sure what that has to do with anything? I have read and seen enough about the subject to know he cares about Liverpool more than us. You can literally see as a pundit he cares more about Liverpool than he does us

As I said, he likes us but he is a Liverpool man.

On 13/03/2022 at 14:18, RFC55 said:

I feel am the only non hypocrite. Cunts booed Gerrard at the Boyd night whilst applauding a guy who also walked out lol 

Suppose time is a great healer Souness wasn't flavour of the month for years after he left either but now most bears are ok with him

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything? I have read and seen enough about the subject to know he cares about Liverpool more than us. You can literally see as a pundit he cares more about Liverpool than he does us

As I said, he likes us but he is a Liverpool man.

Ooft. Awfy defensive there 😂 

So you were about 1 or 2 when he left then, aye?