FIFA 23

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

will say the penalties and corners you’re just pissing the wind trying to guess where the fuck they’re going..:lol:

Those and penalties have needed revamped for years. It's a disgrace how poor the actual gameplay is.

11 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Those and penalties have needed revamped for years. It's a disgrace how poor the actual gameplay is.

I mean, it’s just a football game. I’m not sure how much better a football game could get, not saying it’s great by any stretch. Pretty smooth on series x and not the worst in recent years by a distance. I’m not mad about FIFA but what would you suggest to be a lot better? Also, are you on newer gen console? 

12 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Hopefully penalties are back to what they were in 14/15 etc

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

I mean, it’s just a football game. I’m not sure how much better a football game could get, not saying it’s great by any stretch. Pretty smooth on series x and not the worst in recent years by a distance. I’m not mad about FIFA but what would you suggest to be a lot better? Also, are you on newer gen console? 

Most FIFAs are actually good to play at this point tbf, just need to hope the don’t fuck it with patches 

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I'm on PS5. It's gameplay has been stale for a long time for me. The developments in the last few years have been few and far between. Yearly releases don't help, but things that were in need of improvement or attention have been neglected for years. Set-pieces being the main one I've mentioned.

For me, Football is unique, it is a sport in which so many things can happen and the game itself doesn't allow for this to come through. All games feel the same, most goals are the same - there's nothing that happens by chance. Can only seem to score from certain angles/ranges, sometimes not even worth shooting. It's more of a puzzle to try to score against the system that is in place, score within the boundaries you can rather than having luck/chance/unique goals or plays come into it.

Also it's really an arcade style game where you get more 8-4s than 2-0s. It just feels built for one game-mode only. Don't blame them and the revenue that they get from it speaks for itself, but it is just a bit bland. I'm checked out, even if I do still purchase yearly.

48 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Caveat I’ve not played 23 yet. In fairness, I should have said 😅. Disappointed if they’ve not changed set pieces at all though.

Won 6 3 and lost 4 1 so it’s still mad score wise

set pieces are wild lol 

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Caveat I’ve not played 23 yet. In fairness, I should have said 😅. Disappointed if they’ve not changed set pieces at all though.

They've massively changed set pieces from what they were but it's the old aim line style from years ago. 

32 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've only had one clean sheet and that was a guy who quit when I went 1 up. 

Same for me, think i went 2 up and someone chucked it lol, other night I was 6-0 at HT, absolutely cantering it, eventually won 7-4, cunt scored 4 on the bounce by the 70th min, was absolutely shitting myself lol

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Same for me, think i went 2 up and someone chucked it lol, other night I was 6-0 at HT, absolutely cantering it, eventually won 7-4, cunt scored 4 on the bounce by the 70th min, was absolutely shitting myself lol

I was 8-1 down at half time earlier and won 9-8 in the end it was insane. 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

No way lol, i just cant pack anything decent the now, might stay off rivals till i can, cunts running with icons and near 90 players is ridiculous, still in div 10 and seeing this shit is annoying 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I was 5-2 up and lost 6-5 earlier, nothing was going for me, my players were reacting so slowly to any passes and the other guy was swarming them I literally had no out ball. Raging :lol:

Goalkeepers are a disgrace right now. Well, the affordable ones anyway. Got a Prem team on the go + a French/Italian hybrid, Ramsdale in goals in the Prem team and he is a shambles man

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Goalkeepers are a disgrace right now. Well, the affordable ones anyway. Got a Prem team on the go + a French/Italian hybrid, Ramsdale in goals in the Prem team and he is a shambles man

I packed a swiss 82 rated keeper from the german league, only issue is, i have absolutely no fucking cunt to chem him with lol

49 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I packed a swiss 82 rated keeper from the german league, only issue is, i have absolutely no fucking cunt to chem him with lol

Aye I packed Sommer who is 85 and has decent stats but I don't have a German or Swiss team, focusing on PL + French/Italian hybrid, once I get bored of this I'll pivot to the Eredivisie or Bundesliga

Weirdly I'm finding online play a bit easier defensively than I am against the AI in squad battles. I'm also really struggling attacking wise against the AI. It seems my players are cumbersome and slow of thought and I end up having to play horseshoe Rangers style to try and find openings. 

What I've also noticed is that, compared to 22, players seem to drain fitness wise a lot quicker and the effect on stats that has seems to be worse. I've been trying to keep things tight then going all out in the last 15/20. Smashed a guy 6-2 tonight after he battered me most of the game and it was 2-2 with 30 to go. His players were utterly fucked and I just kept blitzing him on the counter.