*****Champions League Group Stage Draw*****

G.E.C.

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They could but obviously in place of one of the non-nationals. Just letting the forum know they ain't in for the 6 games.

It's quite a damning statement of how our squad continues to be mismanaged. Can only register 23 players (again) and having to leave Helander, Roofe and Hagi (or three other non-Scots) out of the squad.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's quite a damning statement of how our squad continues to be mismanaged. Can only register 23 players (again) and having to leave Helander, Roofe and Hagi (or three other non-Scots) out of the squad.

Wilson giving himself a pat on the back replacing Balogun with Souttar, thinking that'll do the trick...

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wilson giving himself a pat on the back replacing Balogun with Souttar, thinking that'll do the trick...

I know they lost but Balogun came of the bench yesterday for qpr after having no pre season with a club yet we sign 2 centre backs who are out injured already.

Thought it was a strange decision not to give Balogun one more year here

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Those three won’t be close to playing though

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Aye but Roofe is back in training apparently 

Morelos has been back training for ages and is nowhere near ready. Fuck knows when Roofe will be in any sort of condition to contribute. 

49 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Those three won’t be close to playing though

And it's a huge chunk of cash to be paying out for three guys who, even if you wanted them to, couldn't play. We're carrying far too much in the way of dead weight.  Had we signed anyone else on deadline day, fuck knows how they were making the Euro squad.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And it's a huge chunk of cash to be paying out for three guys who, even if you wanted them to, couldn't play. We're carrying far too much in the way of dead weight.  Had we signed anyone else on deadline day, fuck knows how they were making the Euro squad.

Could easily dump a player or two from the registered squad. Like what we have in the Euro Charlies registered now is any quality? :lol:  "Oh no! We had to leave Ryan Jack out! Fuck!"

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Could easily dump a player or two from the registered squad. Like what we have in the Euro Charlies registered now is any quality? :lol:  "Oh no! We had to leave Ryan Jack out! Fuck!"

Can't take Jack out for any of them as it would leave us one more short of meeting the homegrown quotas (McGregor/McCrorie - Souttar/Jack/Arfield/Wright). You could lose sakala but pretty much everyone else on the list is either a regular player or a new signing.

Just now, The Dude said:

Can't take Jack out for any of them as it would leave us one more short of meeting the homegrown quotas (McGregor/McCrorie - Souttar/Jack/Arfield/Wright). You could lose sakala but pretty much everyone else on the list is either a regular player or a new signing.

Yeah you've got a point there sadly.

If a new signing came in with any sort of quality I'd dump anyone in the squad currently to accommodate them. 

Sakala making the squad :lol:

I get it doesn’t look great on Wilson but realistically what is he meant to do if the academy has been so shit (until recently) that we only have two players deemed good enough to be trained at the club?

The only solution would be to go out and resign players we brought through ourselves and struggling to think of anyone - is Lewis McLoed still playing? - and can you imagine the uproar if we had announced bringing Charlie Adam out of retirement on transfer deadline day?

It is one of those legacies from the car crash that was “the journey” that hopefully we have now resolved, but will take a few years to come to fruition. In the next few years those spots should be filled by the likes of Lowrie, McCann, King, Ure, Devine etc (hopefully we get enough out of our academy and into the first team that we don’t even need to think about signing Scots from other teams unless they are exceptional)

Champions League Squad confirmed, couldn't see it listed anywhere in the forum:

Goalkeepers: McGregor, McLaughlin, McCrorie, Budinauckas, Pazikas, Kane

Defenders: Tavernier, Yilmaz, Goldson, Souttar, Davies, Barisic, King, Devine, Mackinnon, K Ewen, H Ewen, Harkness, McKay, Webster, Hutton.

Midfielders: Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Kent, Kamara, Sands, Sakala, Arfield, Richie-Hosler, Fraser, Lowry, Allan, McInally, Strachan, Newton, Robertson.

Forwards: Colak, Lawrence, Matondo, Morelos, Wright, McCausland, Lyall, Graham, Ure, Tillman, Pasnik.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/Rangers-champions-league-squad-confirmed-24928110?s=09

38 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Has anyone who is being moved had their money taken yet? I haven’t and I looked on my account and I can’t see any seats allocated yet. I checked the email and it definitely says they will allocate the seats but I have heard nothing 😩

4 hours ago, jintybear said:

I am supposed to be getting my seats allocated to me. If nothing has came out tomorrow I think I’ll just try and purchase them. I will agree with the Twitter guy! It’s a joke 

Just had an email with my moved seats. Have been moved from GR4 to CD5. It’s paper tickets and doesn’t say if they are being posted or I need to collect them.

No idea how I will collect them if they are not being posted and then game day will be manic.